Your IRL Job

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Your IRL Job

Post by Hidetade » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Vervandi wrote:
Mac wrote:
Vervandi wrote:I like the direction this thread is heading.
You mean out in left field in comparison to what the original topic was? :lol:
Gamers arguing the finer points of mixed martial arts. It's like quadriplegics teaching kids how to play soccer.
There has never been so much win in a single post :lol:

Jellyfish - GL :: Order of the Pink Pansies - IC :: House of Errants - FM

SurehandSD
Snobo
Snobo

Post by SurehandSD » Wed May 01, 2013 3:00 am

I´m Solution Manager for Video Incident Detection at Kapsch www.kapsch.net

Mcgee
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mcgee » Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 pm

Moco wrote: The civic runs 9's as does the evo(with full interior) no interior, with carbon fiber doors/fenders,hood & trunk it's a mid to low 7 second car 8-)
is that your guess, or have you done it? I find it tough to believe. Not saying a 7 second evo is impossible... but.. Usually 7 second cars are wide [fluffy bunnies] racing slicks with wheelie bars.. AWD evo might be able to make it.. but yea. find it hard to believe. MAYBE high high 7 seconds... but mid to low?! cmon...

Edit: doing a little searching i found this
http://autocarspeed.com/drag-car-mitsub ... s-1st-7sec

ran in 7.9xx second quarter. 26" slicks all around 915hp at the wheels. You saying your evo is faster than this one? 8-)

just sayin..

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Wed May 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Mcgee wrote:
Moco wrote: The civic runs 9's as does the evo(with full interior) no interior, with carbon fiber doors/fenders,hood & trunk it's a mid to low 7 second car 8-)
is that your guess, or have you done it? I find it tough to believe. Not saying a 7 second evo is impossible... but.. Usually 7 second cars are wide [fluffy bunnies] racing slicks with wheelie bars.. AWD evo might be able to make it.. but yea. find it hard to believe. MAYBE high high 7 seconds... but mid to low?! cmon...

Edit: doing a little searching i found this
http://autocarspeed.com/drag-car-mitsub ... s-1st-7sec

ran in 7.9xx second quarter. 26" slicks all around 915hp at the wheels. You saying your evo is faster than this one? 8-)

just sayin..
You kick with your shins
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Fugger
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Fugger » Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Fixing faces and pulling teeth, or putting them back I suppose

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Wed May 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Fugger wrote:Fixing faces and pulling teeth, or putting them back I suppose
Hey whaT did you end up deciding to do? I remember you posted a long time ago and don't remember if you said you decided on a certain path.
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

Dyson
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Dyson » Wed May 01, 2013 3:12 pm

I take money from the poor and give it to the rich. In return for their money I give them hopes and dreams which are usually crushed within seconds.
Crazy Talk GL

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Wed May 01, 2013 3:18 pm

Dyson wrote:I take money from the poor and give it to the rich. In return for their money I give them hopes and dreams which are usually crushed within seconds.
Tax collector, banker, or politician? :lol:

BigDaddy
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by BigDaddy » Wed May 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Dyson wrote:I take money from the poor and give it to the rich. In return for their money I give them hopes and dreams which are usually crushed within seconds.
You sell Lottery scratch cards?

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Wed May 01, 2013 3:58 pm

BigDaddy wrote:

LMFAO I didn't even think about that one :lol:

Dyson
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Dyson » Wed May 01, 2013 4:04 pm

How accurate a guess that is saddens me.
Crazy Talk GL

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Wed May 01, 2013 4:06 pm

BigDaddy wrote:

Nice job Bilbo.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

Lorelyn
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Lorelyn » Wed May 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Vervandi wrote:
BigDaddy wrote:

Nice job Bilbo.
Lol nice

Seeymore
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Seeymore » Thu May 02, 2013 7:42 pm

I lost my job when I had to stop playing Shadowbane :cry:
Last edited by Seeymore on Mon May 27, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aesun
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Aesun » Thu May 02, 2013 9:01 pm

chet wrote:Too shifty more than likely Practices taekwando at the local mcdojo; I would state the certainty is high.
Wasn't Zooks the kid that threatened to "Snap your collarbone like a pencil?"

LadyDrianiae
Snobo
Snobo

Post by LadyDrianiae » Thu May 02, 2013 11:05 pm

I am a retired nurse/educator working on a Master's in Biblical Archaeology...nearly finished....WELL...I like archaeology and SB died...what else could I do? Wow sux, PWI way too expensive and the PVP is limited in both cases....EpicPW is not bad, some fun PVP but not Shadowbane!!!

If I kill the mob and You roll up to take my resources/materials; in SB, I would get the chance and priviledge to roll YOU ...sadly other games are care bearish...
Lady Drianiae Meneiupptus
'Grab a couple of banestones, will ya? I see Psycho's cities have no lawn ornaments!'

malkon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by malkon » Thu May 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Water wrote:
Saal wrote:
malkon wrote:QA Localization Analyst, Blizzard Entertainment.
Basically spend the day making sure the Brazilian Portuguese versions of our games are correct.
A WoW employee. Literally, a WoW employee on SB forums.
I saw that too, my first thought is to tar an feather him.
It would take at least 4 more dudes of your caliber to try to do this, fail miserably and than come back with your entire town backing you up.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Alinoe
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Alinoe » Fri May 03, 2013 3:37 am

I'm IT consultant/developer ( SAP ERP ).
In free time i enjoy medieval battles with my bastard sword.

spazgar
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by spazgar » Fri May 03, 2013 6:24 am

emt/student/dontknowwhereimheadingnext
wut

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 9:55 am

Vervandi wrote:
chet wrote:Too shifty more than likely Practices taekwando at the local mcdojo; I would state the certainty is high.

Kicking is their expertise.
Trained only a few months of taekwondo. I've been in the fight scene for 21 years and have been in litterally thousands of fights. Started with Judo, then wrestling. Im well trained in brazilian and canadian jujuitsu aswell as boxing,kickboxing ,muai tai, roman grekko wrestling, KRAV MAggah, capoerta, tai chi, karate(goju budo and shaolin), and i think thats it...so many to remember im sure i missed a good one. But ya..tele..im the guy that can fight any and every way. It depends on the oponent. Im as fresh as they come. Sooo..clue up bro..ur one kick wonder theory is gimp. Get in to some real competetive fighting and face some real warriors and youll be in for a rude awakening.

i forgot Aikido!
Last edited by tooshifty on Fri May 03, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 10:03 am

malkon wrote:
Water wrote:
Saal wrote:
A WoW employee. Literally, a WoW employee on SB forums.
I saw that too, my first thought is to tar an feather him.
It would take at least 4 more dudes of your caliber to try to do this, fail miserably and than come back with your entire town backing you up.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Nice response. Keep in mind, the people bashing you would not hesitate one second if offered the same job.

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Fri May 03, 2013 10:59 am

tooshifty wrote:
Vervandi wrote:

Trained only a few months of taekwondo. I've been in the fight scene for 21 years and have been in litterally thousands of fights. Started with Judo, then wrestling. Im well trained in brazilian and canadian jujuitsu aswell as boxing,kickboxing ,muai tai, roman grekko wrestling, KRAV MAggah, capoerta, tai chi, karate(goju budo and shaolin), and i think thats it...so many to remember im sure i missed a good one. But ya..tele..im the guy that can fight any and every way. It depends on the oponent. Im as fresh as they come. Sooo..clue up bro..ur one kick wonder theory is gimp. Get in to some real competetive fighting and face some real warriors and youll be in for a rude awakening.

Confirmed, you've clearly never fought, you train Micky mouse taekwondo, and you have no idea what youre talking about. Anonymity on the Internet can only cover you so far, if you say dumb Skah! like "ive been in thousands of fights," you make it pretty easy to tell you're lying.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 11:01 am

Telemakus wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
Vervandi wrote:

Confirmed, you've clearly never fought, you train Micky mouse taekwondo, and you have no idea what youre talking about. Anonymity on the Internet can only cover you so far, if you say dumb Skah! like "ive been in thousands of fights," you make it pretty easy to tell you're lying.
You better watch your back. He knows Canadian Jujitsu. Let that sink in, Canadian...martial...arts.

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Fri May 03, 2013 11:07 am

Vervandi wrote:
Telemakus wrote:
tooshifty wrote:

You better watch your back. He knows Canadian Jujitsu. Let that sink in, Canadian...martial...arts.
oh goodness, and capoeira. If I'm not careful, he might breakdance it up and then I'm sure to get served!
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 am

Telemakus wrote:
Vervandi wrote:
Telemakus wrote:

oh goodness, and capoeira. If I'm not careful, he might breakdance it up and then I'm sure to get served!

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 11:24 am

Telemakus wrote:
Vervandi wrote:
Telemakus wrote:

Yeah...thousands im not so sure about...didnt mean to have it plural...but over a thousand easily believe it or not, though it maaaaaay be over two thousand, because i've been at it over 2 decades. for instance in a lot of judo tournaments the structure was often this; two lines of fighters-each with about 20 people in each line. The first two people in the line fight. The winner goes on to fight the next person in the opposing line, and so on, until he loses. Its exausting...but you can rack up dozens of fights in just a day easily. Some martial tournaments have multiple styles that you can compete in and if u choose more than one, i.e. brazilian jujitsu and wrestling, you can rack around 8 fights that day alone depending on how many people are competing and how far u make it.

Plus whats with u and taekwondo...its like... the one style i've spent no time training...a few months at best...and its just so similar to karate, just more basic i suppose(though that doesnt mean its lesser), you COULD say the motions are more to the point even. so ya...as far as taekwondo goes...i was 12 and it WAS mickey mouse...i have no fights in taekwondo lol.

I can tell by ur responces you have like no training. or very limited knowledge.

anyways enough of this garbage.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Gooya
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Gooya » Fri May 03, 2013 11:25 am

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 11:28 am

tooshifty wrote:
Telemakus wrote:
Vervandi wrote:

Yeah...thousands im not so sure about...didnt mean to have it plural...but over a thousand easily believe it or not, though it maaaaaay be over two thousand, because i've been at it over 2 decades. for instance in a lot of judo tournaments the structure was often this; two lines of fighters-each with about 20 people in each line. The first two people in the line fight. The winner goes on to fight the next person in the opposing line, and so on, until he loses. Its exausting...but you can rack up dozens of fights in just a day easily. Some martial tournaments have multiple styles that you can compete in and if u choose more than one, i.e. brazilian jujitsu and wrestling, you can rack around 8 fights that day alone depending on how many people are competing and how far u make it.

Plus whats with u and taekwondo...its like... the one style i've spent no time training...a few months at best...and its just so similar to karate, just more basic i suppose(though that doesnt mean its lesser), you COULD say the motions are more to the point even. so ya...as far as taekwondo goes...i was 12 and it WAS mickey mouse...i have no fights in taekwondo lol.

I can tell by ur responces you have like no training. or very limited knowledge.

anyways enough of this garbage.
Rolling or participating in an event as a Judo player is not the same as being in a "fight".

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 11:31 am

Vervandi wrote: oh goodness, and capoeira. If I'm not careful, he might breakdance it up and then I'm sure to get served!
[ Image ]
Image[/quote]

LOOOOOL...love that repeat vid. Ya i would just elbow that dancing shmuck. He looks all fancy but he just leaves himself open endlessly, like a tool. With all due respect though...its one of the hardest styles to use i've come across, if not the hardest. The power in its strikes are matched only by muai tai. That guy was just a dancer =P.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 11:32 am

Gooya wrote:[ Image ]
thats not a bad use of the kick...though u should really only aim for the chin with it- and its a Skah! to aim with it.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”