Your IRL Job

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Your IRL Job

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 8:36 am

Vervandi wrote:Rolling or participating in an event as a Judo player is not the same as being in a "fight".
um...yes it is lol...

I h8 street fights but...every one i've ever been in i've won, and i've never thrown a punch in them. Getting choked out or having something dislocated = u loose biatch.

Lets refer to the UFC, any pure striker vs a grappler - it can turn out very bad for the striker, i.e. a lot of hoyce gracies fights.

ARE THERE ANY REAL MARTIAL ARTISTS IN SB??? or just a bunch of judgey people who watch fights on tv? because so far its a fail for ur arguments.
Last edited by tooshifty on Fri May 03, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 8:37 am

tooshifty wrote:
Vervandi wrote:Rolling or participating in an event as a Judo player is not the same as being in a "fight".
um...yes it is lol...

I h8 street fights but...every one i've ever been in i've won, and i've never thrown a punch in them. Getting choked out or having something dislocated = u loose biatch.

If you can't draw a distinction between rolling with someone or being in a situation where someone genuinely wants to hurt you, you're clueless. I am pretty sure you probably do take a martial art, and you've probably bounced around a few studios as you got bored with it. But I am very skeptical of your other claims. First, it is pretty obvious by your posting you're no older than 13. That rules out the 20+ years of experience. Secondly, you are touting your practice and event participation as being in "fights".
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 am

Vervandi wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
um...yes it is lol...

If you can't draw a distinction between rolling with someone or being in a situation where someone genuinely wants to hurt you, you're clueless.
lol...i've done a lot of boxing/kickboxing/muai tai fights too bro... aaaaaand mma. also when someone is trying to choke u its not a gentle thing.... u seem to think only throwing kicks and punches is effective eh? now who's clueless. And 'rolling" i would consider grapling in a dojo outside of competition. Even then its the same lines...i've seen people get their collar bones ripped open, and dislocated joints galore( usally only happens when the person has both arms pinned and they arent able to talk from how they are being submitted). It doesnt feel any more threatning when someone is attacking me on the street or in a boxing match or whatever. Maybe ur grappling kittens? or little kids? try training w/ someone who is a pro-fighter, or drop by my familys olympic judo dojo in mississauga. Hmm...i should drop by there too...(just found a whole lot of estranged family) I only asume they are hardcore...since they do olympic trianing there...ive never been..yet.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 8:54 am

Vervandi wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
um...yes it is lol...

If you can't draw a distinction between rolling with someone or being in a situation where someone genuinely wants to hurt you, you're clueless. I am pretty sure you probably do take a martial art, and you've probably bounced around a few studios as you got bored with it. But I am very skeptical of your other claims. First, it is pretty obvious by your posting you're no older than 13. That rules out the 20+ years of experience. Secondly, you are touting your practice and event participation as being in "fights".

now ur just being asinine. i'm not including practice. Hell in sweden there was a kickboxing champ that racked up around 700 fights in a few years. I think it was sweden.

I dont see why this is so hard to believe...
Last edited by tooshifty on Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 8:57 am

tooshifty wrote:
Vervandi wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
um...yes it is lol...

now ur just being asinine. i'm not including practice. Hell in sweden there was a kickboxing champ that racked up around 700 fights in a few years. I think it was sweden.

Are you a kickboxing champ in Sweden? We can probably find proof of his accomplishments.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

Lorelyn
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Lorelyn » Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 am

Well! Since were talking about martial arts! My mom put me in Taekwondo, or however it's spelled, when I was like fourteen. Figured being a girl in Sacramento I needed to learn how to defend myself. I won a couple trophies in sparring competitions (only one was first place and probably only because I was awkwardly tall and had a overpowered reach on the poor kid with my legs) it was fun. Made it like halfway through got bored and went back to FFVII....

Damn mother interfering with my video game time.... :)

Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Mac » Fri May 03, 2013 9:02 am

Lorelyn wrote:Figured being a girl in Sacramento I needed to learn how to defend myself.
Hey now, we are not as bad as Stockton :lol:
My sig gallery / Working Mac client, tested on Mac OSX 10.6: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89741132/Shadowbane.zip
PSD file of guild symbols for crests: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 ... sFINAL.psd

Lorelyn
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Lorelyn » Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am

Mac wrote:
Lorelyn wrote:Figured being a girl in Sacramento I needed to learn how to defend myself.
Hey now, we are not as bad as Stockton :lol:
I know right?!

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 9:04 am

Lorelyn wrote:Well! Since were talking about martial arts! My mom put me in Taekwondo, or however it's spelled, when I was like fourteen. Figured being a girl in Sacramento I needed to learn how to defend myself. I won a couple trophies in sparring competitions (only one was first place and probably only because I was awkwardly tall and had a overpowered reach on the poor kid with my legs) it was fun. Made it like halfway through got bored and went back to FFVII....

LOL.

I had a girlfriend who was a black belt in Taekwondo. She competed and all that jazz. One day she decided she was going to "kick my [fluffy bunnies]". I grabbed her leg, picked her up and threw her in the swimming pool.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 9:05 am

Vervandi wrote:Are you a kickboxing champ in Sweden? We can probably find proof of his accomplishments.
your clearly a troll...as only an idiot would misread my sentence. i've never been to sweden lol...

Maybe ur jsut an idiot?
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 9:06 am

tooshifty wrote:
Vervandi wrote:Are you a kickboxing champ in Sweden? We can probably find proof of his accomplishments.

Maybe ur jsut an idiot?
I'm a fan of irony.

Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Mac » Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 am

Vervandi wrote:
Lorelyn wrote:Well! Since were talking about martial arts! My mom put me in Taekwondo, or however it's spelled, when I was like fourteen. Figured being a girl in Sacramento I needed to learn how to defend myself. I won a couple trophies in sparring competitions (only one was first place and probably only because I was awkwardly tall and had a overpowered reach on the poor kid with my legs) it was fun. Made it like halfway through got bored and went back to FFVII....

LOL.

I had a girlfriend who was a black belt in Taekwondo. She competed and all that jazz. One day she decided she was going to "kick my [fluffy bunnies]". I grabbed her leg, picked her up and threw her in the swimming pool.
and I am sure the whole time she was screaming "but I took Taekwondooooooo.... *blurp * blurp * blurp*" :lol:
My sig gallery / Working Mac client, tested on Mac OSX 10.6: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89741132/Shadowbane.zip
PSD file of guild symbols for crests: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 ... sFINAL.psd

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 am

its a good style for you, as women have a lower center of gravity and can maintain balance while kicking better then men. Not because they are shorter =P, but because of their bodies builds. like moco said taekwondo is very kicky. i also have no idea how to spell it.

only problem is...taekwondo tournaments dont tend to be full contact...and i've seeeen a lot of blackbelt martial artist that cant do a thing against a good street fighter. Just because they've never trained in a real fight...their opponents are also training and they are being too gentle on eachother. Its the biggest flaw in the industry. blackbelt kittens.
Last edited by tooshifty on Fri May 03, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 am

Mac wrote:
Vervandi wrote:

LOL.

and I am sure the whole time she was screaming "but I took Taekwondooooooo.... *blurp * blurp * blurp*" :lol:
Naw. I hopped in as well and we made out. That was such a great summer.

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 am

Vervandi wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
Vervandi wrote:

Are you a kickboxing champ in Sweden? We can probably find proof of his accomplishments.

This fellow compared muay thai with capoeira (a name he cannot even spell properly). There's a reason you don't see capoeira in any real tournament, and it's highlighted quite clearly in that gif (which is from a movie, actually). It's the same reason karate doesn't cut it anymore. Those fight styles advertise their moves, making them easy to counter. They got bred out of serious competitions.

Anyways, if this guy has been in "thousands of fights," I'm sure he can provide evidence in the form of a sherdog record or something similar. He cannot, of course, because he is clearly just trying to look hard on the interwebz.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Lorelyn
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Lorelyn » Fri May 03, 2013 9:16 am

Vervandi wrote:
Mac wrote:
Vervandi wrote:
LOL.

I had a girlfriend who was a black belt in Taekwondo. She competed and all that jazz. One day she decided she was going to "kick my Skah!". I grabbed her leg, picked her up and threw her in the swimming pool.
Nice lol

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 9:24 am

Telemakus wrote:
Vervandi wrote:
tooshifty wrote:

This fellow compared muay thai with capoeira (a name he cannot even spell properly). There's a reason you don't see capoeira in any real tournament, and it's highlighted quite clearly in that gif (which is from a movie, actually). It's the same reason karate doesn't cut it anymore. Those fight styles advertise their moves, making them easy to counter. They got bred out of serious competitions.

Anyways, if this guy has been in "thousands of fights," I'm sure he can provide evidence in the form of a sherdog record or something similar. He cannot, of course, because he is clearly just trying to look hard on the interwebz.
u almost said something smart =P...just because u are in fights doesnt make u hard =P. i just h8 when people are ignorant...and i like people knowing whats true.
When i start competeing in mma again(now that its legal in canada) i'll be reccording my fights so i can get in to ufc and Skah! soooooo....ill have a recording then. Otherwise its just me when i was younger and a much less complete fighter. and im not recording unsanctioned fights...give it a few months...until then lets all shhhhh on this topic..were filling this up with garbage arguements. yall are just pissing me off w/ ur bs.

Remember this all started w/ me saying i broke a toe on a dudes rib...broke/dislocated. thats hardly trying to seem hardcore...if i wanted to seem hardcore i would make a reference where i seemed awsome and indestructible. it was just a fight reference i thought was funny.

ps we all know spelling makes u a good fighter. Right tele? No style is outdated. Every move has its situational place in a fight, in every style, just dont dance around like a mook.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Mac » Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 am

Vervandi wrote:
Mac wrote:
Vervandi wrote:
LOL.

Thanks Verv :roll:
I am trying to describe a murder mystery and you turn it into a romance novel :lol:

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 9:31 am

This is why i never mention martial arts in posts...because once i do...there are idiots that say moronic bs and i for some reason feel compelled to defend myself instead of letting it go. Before this, i mentioned it...like once in another post somwhere i cant even remember. Heres me letting it go...u guys talk all the Skah! u want now, i wont respond to martial Skah!...but i will post u Skah! a vid in a few months when i start my career up publicly.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 9:36 am

tooshifty wrote:This is why i never mention martial arts in posts...because once i do...there are idiots that say moronic bs and i for some reason feel compelled to defend myself instead of letting it go.
I'd wager most of your posts on this forum are about your "MMA Career". The rest are about your expertise on mental disorders.

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Fri May 03, 2013 10:08 am

tooshifty wrote:This is why i never mention martial arts in posts...because once i do...there are idiots that say moronic bs and i for some reason feel compelled to defend myself instead of letting it go. Before this, i mentioned it...like once in another post somwhere i cant even remember. Heres me letting it go...u guys talk all the Skah! u want now, i wont respond to martial Skah!...but i will post u Skah! a vid in a few months when i start my career up publicly.
lmao, but I thought you have thousands of fights! Surely evidence exists of one of those many, many, epic encounters!
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 10:09 am

Telemakus wrote:
tooshifty wrote:This is why i never mention martial arts in posts...because once i do...there are idiots that say moronic bs and i for some reason feel compelled to defend myself instead of letting it go. Before this, i mentioned it...like once in another post somwhere i cant even remember. Heres me letting it go...u guys talk all the Skah! u want now, i wont respond to martial Skah!...but i will post u Skah! a vid in a few months when i start my career up publicly.
lmao, but I thought you have thousands of fights! Surely evidence exists of one of those many, many, epic encounters!
That's because you forgot the first rule. You don't talk about fight club.

ConspiracyTheorist
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by ConspiracyTheorist » Fri May 03, 2013 12:53 pm

It is near nigh impossible to believe you. Like Verv said earlier, no reason to doubt you practiced some of the disciplines you mentioned, but really who cares? The problem is your claim of over a thousand "fights" and your claim to join the UFC or some other Pro association soon... Logic dictates that you are full of Skah! just based on your own admissions. Practicing 20+ years, means that you gotta be in your late 20s or even mid 30s (saying your parents had you in martial art classes since you were a tween, which gauging by your online persona, I doubt you continued to practice during your teen years. Also, what is the prime for a fighter? Mid 20s to late 30s at the most, unless you are a freak of nature like Randy Couture, the average age is 30, and those that skew the average higher, have been in the sport in the pro arena for the last decade at least.

In a few months, what exactly is going to happen? Post links to videos of your previous fights. If you tell me that there are none, then even worse, because a fighter that doesn't watch videos of his own fights doesn't learn a damn thing. Or, stop exaggerating your life. If I can give you a piece of advice, let it be this: No one gives a Skah!.

GRANTO
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by GRANTO » Fri May 03, 2013 3:49 pm

1. Full-time licensed medical marijuana grow-op (Seattle, WA)
2. Track Racing for that extra $$ (1994 BMW 540i with a 6speed swap, I'll show pictures if asked)

My life's great, just saying.

EmperorOfPain
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by EmperorOfPain » Fri May 03, 2013 3:54 pm

GRANTO wrote:2. Track Racing for that extra $$ (1994 BMW 540i with a 6speed swap, I'll show pictures if asked)
why not m5?

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 4:09 pm

GRANTO wrote:1. Full-time licensed medical marijuana grow-op (Seattle, WA)
2. Track Racing for that extra $$ (1994 BMW 540i with a 6speed swap, I'll show pictures if asked)

lol nice... mail me some luv yo!
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Fri May 03, 2013 4:18 pm

tooshifty wrote:

Fighters are drug tested

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 4:27 pm

ConspiracyTheorist wrote:
It is near nigh impossible to believe you. Like Verv said earlier, no reason to doubt you practiced some of the disciplines you mentioned, but really who cares? The problem is your claim of over a thousand "fights" and your claim to join the UFC or some other Pro association soon... Logic dictates that you are full of Skah! just based on your own admissions. Practicing 20+ years, means that you gotta be in your late 20s or even mid 30s (saying your parents had you in martial art classes since you were a tween, which gauging by your online persona, I doubt you continued to practice during your teen years. Also, what is the prime for a fighter? Mid 20s to late 30s at the most, unless you are a freak of nature like Randy Couture, the average age is 30, and those that skew the average higher, have been in the sport in the pro arena for the last decade at least.

In a few months, what exactly is going to happen? Post links to videos of your previous fights. If you tell me that there are none, then even worse, because a fighter that doesn't watch videos of his own fights doesn't learn a damn thing. Or, stop exaggerating your life. If I can give you a piece of advice, let it be this: No one gives a Skah!.
nah...not tween...I was a violent kid...so my dad put me in the "pacifist martial art" Judo...i was 6. i grew up a bad area, and it kind of helped to mellow me out. it would be better if no one cares...because then no one would comment on it...and id like that more...but people seem to have furiouse debate over it...which i dont prefer. what about prime? idk. probably early 30's at its latest is prime(late teens- early twenties is prime)just a few years after the body stops maturing(the age will depend on the person)...and im 27 so ya...i gotta get on that horse. U all just seem so ill informed i cant help but throw a note in again.... lol...

Note that based on physics, the human body-partially due to muscle memory- will get "stronger"- and is its strongest -around its 40's-50's, in terms of muscle mass. this is excluding the factors of tendon problems, bone problems, and loss of speed and endurance. soooo....i wouldnt count out older fighters(though im still in my prime and am not an "older fighter"lol). Its all about adjusting ones style based on how ones body can function, as fighting has always been. Know ur limits and work with them blahblahblahblahblah. as far as watching fights...nothing is better to learn from then the actual fight istelf...i do, when learning new techniques watch recordings i have been able to make of myslef...but those are hardly fights. And ya they are very helpfull in perfecting technique.

also...the fact that u think fighters cant learn anything unless they see vids of themselves is moronic lol...ur right that they help though....but u seem too finite there dude. If u dont have a coach then ya, it could pose a problem...but thats what coaches are there for, to point out what u might not notice...as u cant learn what u have yet to see. Fighting is about learning...endlessly, and inevitably as your body changes so too must your style.

and note i wouldnt post any fight related vids here in the future...but for some reason i feel compelled to rub a doinks face in it...which is childish and should be beneath me. Since i said i would already...i will...and if anything for u haters it will be worth a laugh right? I say a few months because thats how long it will take me to get back in the game...i've been out almost a year now. Endurance is key...and at the moment i lack the proper endurance to compete at anything more than amateur levels...lest i finish a fight real fast. I mean judo and aikido will help me minimize my energy and use my oponents against them...but once u get on the ground and in to grappling your endurance means everything...i can stand and strike for over half an hour, butground game is the great destroyer of stamina-a thing i lack apropriate mesures of.

You all make me mad as hell...but at the same time all this talk is getting me excited...as soon as i get the cash im on the mats again. i

IF U DONT CARE MAKE NO COMMENTS AND STFU!
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Vervandi wrote:
tooshifty wrote:

Fighters are drug tested

you would know just like tele right? the way u two comment in such confidence youd think youd been fighting in the ufc for years right? the outcasts of ufc denial.

but ya ...they are =P...but not always
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

GRANTO
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by GRANTO » Fri May 03, 2013 5:00 pm

EmperorOfPain wrote:
GRANTO wrote:2. Track Racing for that extra $$ (1994 BMW 540i with a 6speed swap, I'll show pictures if asked)
why not m5?
Personal choice I suppose.
Love this Skah! car.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”