Test team - APPROVED

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Test team - APPROVED

Post by Coolwatersx » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:04 am

1. Which team are you applying to?

Wherever you need help (if you do) requiring little technical background aside from playing the game and some prior testing.

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?

Pretty much all of them. I've been on the team before, but again, I have a low level of technical computer proficiency compared to a lot of the vets.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.

The upcoming (hopeful) pet and useless disc overhauls; vorg items and their relative value to other available items in the game.

4. You are going to test a zone. What aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?

I'd imagine you'd want things like the number, description and location of camps, including names and ranks of mobs (with mob powers) and confirm respawning properly; confirm all points of interest and compare to the wiki page on that zone; confirm mine location and function.

5. How would go about defining a bug, then reporting it? How would you differentiate between ‘how it should work’ and ‘how I think it should work’?

Depends on the nature of the bug. I'd first compare the behavior I think is a bug to the description reflected in the wiki and appropriate patch notes. Then I might add commentary as to how I see the bug impacting gameplay.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?

I'm old. That and it seems I have some unpopular opinions regarding the speed of content consumption, so there's that. Also, I'd probably be as much of a technical neanderthal as anyone on the team. But I can field any general legal questions you might have gratas, so that's a thing.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project weekly?

Right now, a fair bit. I do expect to jump pretty heavily into Crowfall when Alpha 1 rolls out (supposedly) this summer. Also, I'll be prisoner to banes on the beta server here and my (favorable right now) trial schedule. Short answer: variable.

I'd love to test some things, but I'd honestly test them without being on the team as soon as there's a new test server and the CRT is set up there. So if you are hurting for manpower, I'm happy to help. Otherwise I'll still test this stuff once the new test server is set up so you may want to extend the test tema invite to someone more technically qualified.

Candi
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Test team

Post by Candi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi! You are approved to join the Test Team. I sent a PM as well. Welcome!

Return to “Test Team Submissions”