Drogenn - Denied

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Re: Drogenn

Post by Rewen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:36 am

Nice application. I liked your responses to the judgement questions.

If you become a CR, you would be held to a much higher standard of the rules than other forum posters and you would even have to go so far as to keep the outward image of the SBEmu project in mind each time you make a post in public. The new expectations would contrast very much with your current posting history.

You would also be expected to be civil with individuals whom you have previously shown resentment towards such as our entire staff.

I will also mention for no reason in particular that distributing information from our private team forums is absolutely prohibited.

Would you be comfortable with such a drastic change?

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Drogenn

Post by Vervandi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:49 am

I like Drogenn, and we are short of WM guys on the team at the moment, but this raises flags:
I feel that my guild has the image of Skah! talkers and rabble raisers and are unfairly persecuted because of personal reasons. I am not intimidated by people and I would fairly exercise the responsibility the powers in a manner that i don't feel that some of the current members are capable of.
I think this statement contradicts any statement about being unbiased, and shows that he thinks little of us as a team.

Drogenn,

Considering the above statement, do you really believe you can work with the rest of us and perform the role in an unbiased manner?
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Contraband
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Drogenn - Under Review

Post by Contraband » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:13 pm

I would like to say that I can get behind and support Drogenn, but my experiences with him during last CB wouldn't support it. We played together for a short time before he joined up with WM. We hung out in Vent, talked about builds, game politics, etc. Well enough that I know he's got a great kid and a kind / considerate girlfriend.

Once he hooked up with WM... his attitude changed. Sure he was now playing with a high caliber PvP capable group, but he also partook in the regular WM "trash talk" in SDR that followed PvP encounters. He imo fell very easily into what i can only describe as the WM collective mentality and acted the part. We had a few conversations over the following weeks. We talked about some larger PvP battles and he tried to help me determine a WM spy that had been intentionally planted within Polanie (whom i was playing with at the time) and their vent. He mentioned how much he liked WM... belonged with them and how they "would do whatever it takes to win". It was clear WM had become his new in-game home. Our conversations pretty much ended about there. I told him that I was happy he was enjoying himself playing with WM.

Droggen is a good guy and a fine SBe player, but we're talking about an admin role. I'm not the most vocal person on the forums, but I do read A LOT. With regards to Droggen, I've not seen anything that makes me feel he could fit this role. That's not to say he can't... some day, but in my eyes he still has everything to prove.

Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Rewen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:31 pm

You seem sincere to me, but there is one thing sticking in my mind. I do not intend to speak for anyone else on the team, but the largest concern of mine (which I think is shared by the other admins too) is the fact that there's a lot of bad blood between the administration of this project and members of your guild. Many times, when trust was lent to them, it was immediately betrayed. I am sure WM/SOTD say the same about us on their own forums or ventrilo.

This is obviously not your fault. You're your own man, and you make your own decisions. However, what this position may do is force you into a situation where you would have to decide to give loyalty to one side or the other. Since your guild mates are often fiercely loyal to one another, the feeling in my gut is that you would side with them and make us regret giving this a chance.

The thing that made me actually consider you was the part of me that wants to patch things up - as hopeless as that sounds at this point. Inviting a member of WM would help the whole guild feel heard. I had proposed Bardiel some time in the past, which met a pretty much unanimous no. Again, that's not a reflection of you as an individual, but it does help illustrate where we are at.

As far as Rewen is concerned, I would be willing to give you a chance, but with very short leash (at least to begin with). It is my team, but I choose not to add any team members without unanimous support from administrators.

Contraband
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Contraband » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Drogenn,

I appreciate the quick reply and well thought out responses. I like your ideas about a locked forum status management thread (and that you have the time to possibly be in charge of such an effort). I like the additional flavoring of posts on Facebook. I'm going to get back to more general discussion posts. Everything for the past several months was centered around the new phase of CB and I wanted to be as transparent as I could in projecting that. I have to tread lightly on nostalgia posts as not all our Facebook fans are in CB. Additional posts as you suggest would be worth trying in moderation. Again requiring more time from a non-biased in-game vantage point which you might have.

It's because I know you personally that I have higher expectations and for me it's important that you know being a CR is more than a title.

Rewen & Vervandi, forgive me if i've overstepped my bounds. I have my reservations, but i'm willing to take a chance. Drogenn, we are less judgmental because of our vantage point knowing what it feels like to be under the microscope, but do realize others will judge you based on your guilds actions. If selected it won't be just your [fluffy bunnies] hanging out there. You'll be representing all of us. Breaking down barriers is good, but having the fortitude and patience to overcome adversity will be key in doing so.

I vouched for Johnny back in the day and you know how that ended. I know you're much better stock than him, but I don't want to eat my words a second time. It would be the end of my street cred. +1 w/ a trial CR period.

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:11 pm

Don't worry about keeping secrets and such, really the only thing that should ever be super secret is upcoming wipes.

I genuinely like Drogenn and I think we should give him a chance.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:18 pm

I agree give him a shot
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

Alyriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Alyriel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Interesting times. Give him a shot.

Omnius
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Omnius » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:14 pm

Doesn't wm already have seber? Wm has actual representation on the mod team which is more than most guilds/nations have.

As for drogenn's actual application. I like drogenn but aside from an "experiment", what basis would he be brought on board for? what has he done for the sbemu community?

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Omnius wrote:Doesn't wm already have seber? Wm has actual representation on the mod team which is more than most guilds/nations have.

As for drogenn's actual application. I like drogenn but aside from an "experiment", what basis would he be brought on board for? what has he done for the sbemu community?

I think he would make a good devil's advocate and could do a good job representing community members in the admin review section.

Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Rewen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Drogenn,

As you can see you do have support here. I have spoken privately with others, and have decided to keep you on standby for now.

This is not a denial of your application. The CR team is in no great need of additional staff. We also want to continue to observe your personality and behavior for a while longer.

When the need arises, I will keep you in mind.

Thanks for being there for us.

Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Drogenn - Denied

Post by Rewen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:24 am

Your reaction to being placed on standby despite my telling you that this would probably happen is disappointing.

Your very recent post history, while showing a lot of passion, is inconsistent with how I would want a CR to perform while serving under the team.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to deny this application. Thanks for your interest in helping.

Return to “Community Representative Submissions”