I started Shadowbane in 2005. I played on Mourning, Wrath, Vindication, and Braialla. I played briefly on Thurin but was deployed with the military for most of it's lifespan. I played with a good many guilds and most I forget. The last guild I was formally associated with on live was ODB. I also had my own cities and ran solo quite a bit.
I have been a member of Closed Beta since July 2012 at which time I was a member of GOOL. During Dalgoth I hooked up with GAYS of which I am currently IC. I have played with them since.
2. What is your age?
3. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project? What times of the day are you on the forums?
I can devote several hours a day of my time. I generally get up early and go to bed late. I also log in quite frequently.
4. Have you moderated any other communities in the past?
Yes, I moderated a board I frequented as a teenager but it shut down several months after I recieved that position.
5. What makes you better-suited for a mod position than other applicants?
I am a well spoken, fair individual who is usually in good humour and I don't take myself to seriously. I have a strong desire to see this project succeed and would like to assume a larger role than just helping GAYS test random stuff in CB. I understand the CR's is a large role in the community and would be excited to undertake the challenges that role offers.
Also this team needs more Mobilians. One is not enough.
6. Please describe how you would handle the following scenarios if you were a moderator:
- a. A forum poster makes a thread in General Discussion to poke fun at a guild that recently lost a bane on Closed Beta.
Move it to the Arena and iterate that content of that nature belongs in its respective forum.
- b. A player who was recently banned makes a post in the Closed Beta Arena saying he or she thinks the ban was not warranted.
Move the thread to the Administrative Review Section and remind the player that questions or concerns related to moderator action belong in that forum.
- c. A closed beta participant makes a post in General Discussion expressing that he doesn't feel the project is moving as quick as it could, going as far as to say that people are "wasting their time" posting on the boards.
Refute the notion and assure the community that everyone is working their [fluffy bunnies] off to get this puppy going. Also possibly lock the thread and say that questions and concerns regarding team efforts belong in its respective forum.
- d. A new user posts pornography as their first post.
Delete the post and ban the user. Perhaps investigate if it's a regular user posting from an alt account.
- e. One of your guild mates has a signature that is larger than is allowed by the code of conduct.
Thank you for your time and effort in reading my application.