Farm build

Post Reply
goodman
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:06 am

Farm build

Post by goodman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:31 am

anyone?
Konik | Clint Eastwood

Equastro
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:54 am

Re: Farm build

Post by Equastro » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 am

Just build a cookie cutter high int, high def human sentinel. Could also go half giant for a little extra carrying power.

goodman
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Farm build

Post by goodman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:53 am

Equastro wrote:Just build a cookie cutter high int, high def human sentinel. Could also go half giant for a little extra carrying power.
What about survivability of such build w\o good gear? Suppose to use it in the beginning OB (if it`ll ever start).
Konik | Clint Eastwood

BigDaddy
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: North East UK

Re: Farm build

Post by BigDaddy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm

That's why I would go HG over Human at Server start. :)
Image

goodman
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Farm build

Post by goodman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 pm

BigDaddy wrote:That's why I would go HG over Human at Server start. :)
HG got a bit more HP but less deffence. No sure it`s more valuable for farming.
Konik | Clint Eastwood

Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 am

Re: Farm build

Post by Beula » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Use a Elf High def sentinel, triple box a priest and loot scout. or Quad box a Prelate and the others.
Elf for the higher int and dex for the bonus to defense.
Priest will be necessary

Belnor
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Farm build

Post by Belnor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 am

flying AoE Warlock. Stam heal, heal, mana steal, AoE...can fly and nuke indefinitly. Must be a camp without ranged. Will need a looter.

Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 am

Re: Farm build

Post by Beula » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Belnor wrote:flying AoE Warlock. Stam heal, heal, mana steal, AoE...can fly and nuke indefinitly. Must be a camp without ranged. Will need a looter.
Works in most places. I like to farm oblivion though and warlocks just can't cut it at the good camps. too much mental resist.

Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 am

Re: Farm build

Post by Braxis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:52 pm

As far as server start goes, I like an aelf druid. High def. Very viable in gvg early on and then you have a farmer ready to go once you find a ranked trainer for eq. It's easy enough to farm with the lightning aoe.

And I know you will all laugh at this, but remember, its a server start toon. High def goes a long way and aoe lightning/stun and aoe grasp can really shut a group down.
Image

goodman
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Farm build

Post by goodman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Braxis wrote:As far as server start goes, I like an aelf druid. High def. Very viable in gvg early on and then you have a farmer ready to go once you find a ranked trainer for eq. It's easy enough to farm with the lightning aoe.

And I know you will all laugh at this, but remember, its a server start toon. High def goes a long way and aoe lightning/stun and aoe grasp can really shut a group down.
Druid is my favorite farm\PL toon. But there gonna be a problem with high lvl trainers in the beginning of the game and druids AOE lvl40 (lvl50 for sure) is going to be unreachable for some time.
Konik | Clint Eastwood

Belnor
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Farm build

Post by Belnor » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:25 pm

That's the nice thing about a warlock...it doesn't need anything but the NPC trainers to get off the ground for a server start PL/Farm.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Farm build

Post by tooshifty » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:11 pm

i had a nukeing sentinal....only one for months on vengence.

I ran something like

90str(originally did this for str based armor) it would be smarter to put it in to con or more importantly dex(run elven armor)
90con
160int
80spir


either way with stats the main importance is high int

-maxed shield and around 80parry at least
-sentinal hammer
-int/int gear w/ +100ishmana
-max armor
-max abjuration

that should get your def high enough you can tank any npc that isnt epic. i can tank a turtle or two on this build, and i farmed on oblivion mostly(somewhere that a lot of mobs gather).

nuke could reach 1200+or so i cant remember actual numbers.

runes to at least take
-undead hunter(not many runes to take for this build so a proc on the hammer never hurt)
-runecaster(nyth LIVE!)

This build was viable in pvp too, specifically against melee to0ns. Called him Farmsalot though lol. When i made it, this char was so unseen people kept messaging me saying...what is that....caught a lot of groups offguard with the aoes. i miss toons that no one has seen. everyones seen this now.
Image
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

goodman
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Farm build

Post by goodman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:25 pm

What is about lack of frindly fire on sent? Is that not going to be a prolem fol PL low lvl toons?
Konik | Clint Eastwood

BigDaddy
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: North East UK

Re: Farm build

Post by BigDaddy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:37 pm

goodman wrote:What is about lack of friendly fire on sent? Is that not going to be a prolem fol PL low lvl toons?
You just use the little-bomb (Righteous Word of Binding) which is group friendly and has a 10 sec recast.

The unfriendly big-bomb has a 1200 sec recast. The other unfriendly spell is the man drain but why should a PL group worry about losing mana? Am I missing something here? :)
Image

Thoron
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Memphis TN

Re: Farm build

Post by Thoron » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:15 pm

I'm pretty sure the mana drain was group friendly.
~Retribution~

BigDaddy
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: North East UK

Re: Farm build

Post by BigDaddy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Thoron wrote:I'm pretty sure the mana drain was group friendly.
Ah yes http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... of_Binding Morlock Wiki agrees it was group friendly. :)
Image

goodman
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Farm build

Post by goodman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:40 am

BigDaddy wrote:
goodman wrote:What is about lack of friendly fire on sent? Is that not going to be a prolem fol PL low lvl toons?
You just use the little-bomb (Righteous Word of Binding) which is group friendly and has a 10 sec recast.

The unfriendly big-bomb has a 1200 sec recast. The other unfriendly spell is the man drain but why should a PL group worry about losing mana? Am I missing something here? :)
No, you are right :)
Konik | Clint Eastwood

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Farm build

Post by tooshifty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Beula wrote:Use a Elf High def sentinel, triple box a priest and loot scout. or Quad box a Prelate and the others.
Elf for the higher int and dex for the bonus to defense.
Priest will be necessary
Nah you don't need a priest to farm. sentinels are pretty much monsters with defense. you can tank turtles with one as well as epics. mobs that drain mana and ones that stun will cause problems to the point of death if your not carful
Image
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 am

Re: Farm build

Post by Beula » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:21 pm

tooshifty wrote:
Beula wrote:Use a Elf High def sentinel, triple box a priest and loot scout. or Quad box a Prelate and the others.
Elf for the higher int and dex for the bonus to defense.
Priest will be necessary
Nah you don't need a priest to farm. sentinels are pretty much monsters with defense. you can tank turtles with one as well as epics. mobs that drain mana and ones that stun will cause problems to the point of death if your not carful
I was talking for server up. You probably won't have enough def to survive without being able to take HA as high as you normally would

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Farm build

Post by tooshifty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:27 pm

ya sentinel high int builds suck on sever start....like hard.
Image
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Dezeroth
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Re: Farm build

Post by Dezeroth » Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 pm

with a farming HG sent I would go as much con as you can, get your block and hammer skill up to 115 at the least, at that point you just debuff, big bomb, little bomb, aoe mana drain, debuff, little bomb, rinse, repeat as able, the only disc I would say is really needed is the runecaster for the heal, I would go with the disc that lets you put a holy proc on your hammer too, just extra damage and no reason not to

your block is going to keep most of the stuff from hitting you and the few hits you do take you have enough hp to keep it from hurting too much and you can eat your own big bomb and not die in a hit

Omnius
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:50 pm
Location: Crusader Advocate

Re: Farm build

Post by Omnius » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 am

I found a hg sentinel high int worked. In sdr gear it wasn't getting hit and little bomb is your meat and potatoes. Stand in a camp and farm.

Post Reply

Return to “Fighter”