Dagger chucking mage?

carterza
Snobo
Snobo

Dagger chucking mage?

Post by carterza » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:18 am

Thinking about an Irekei dagger chucking proccing MA.

Questioning the damage without some kind of debuff for the proc - I'd say I'd run with a channy or ma with shroudborne all the time but I wont be so I'm probably not going to restrict myself to cold procs.

Obv blood prophet, sundancer, undead hunter, +35 int and rest into con / con runes and enough spirit to not run oom on one target.

Would GM shielding and try to get enough def where blinded targets can't hit me. Wouldn't be too worried about ATR because of the blind, would prob bring daggers to 70 or whatever for balanced daggers.

Thoughts?
Gumber
- Camorra & Love IC -

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Dagger chucking mage?

Post by Moco » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:29 am

They work pretty well for solo & small fun play, No need for UH though with assy proc. You should GM shielding regardless of the def but with that & res cloth it usually puts you at around 900def so you would still get hit by certain things
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

carterza
Snobo
Snobo

Post by carterza » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:49 am

Moco wrote:They work pretty well for solo & small fun play, No need for UH though with assy proc. You should GM shielding regardless of the def but with that & res cloth it usually puts you at around 900def so you would still get hit by certain things
Ahh yeah forgot about the assy proc - good call. Sounds like it will be fun to play around with, thanks for the tips Moco.
Gumber
- Camorra & Love IC -

kymatius
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by kymatius » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:37 pm

Would this or a duel wielding dagger chucking fury be better? Im guessing the stealth and alpha attack w/ stun probably being the game changer.

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:43 pm

kymatius wrote:Would this or a duel wielding dagger chucking fury be better? Im guessing the stealth and alpha attack w/ stun probably being the game changer.
i did a high def dex/int elf dual wielding T-dag proc elf Necro. It was pretty entertaining for small scale/solo. Gravechill is absolutely priceless in that setting. Plus they get stealth. :P and it normally took scouts two or three wasted shots before realizing i needed to be def debuffed by that time all their buffs were gone. Practice your timing for mask casting while you chuck daggers and proc and you can take down a single target surprisingly quickly.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

carterza
Snobo
Snobo

Post by carterza » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:58 am

TBH a fury probably works better in terms of overall damage output - you can elemental debuff a target by 100%.

Like you said though - furies get no stealth and personally when I play a fury, the last thing I'm trying to do is get in throwing range. I try to be the last person to engage when I'm on my fury - that way hopefully people have already gotten some tunnel vision and they don't see me blinding / debuffing / nuking the crap out of them.

Anywho, I made this toon over the weekend and I'm going to PL him tonight. I will take some screenshots of stats, trains etc when I'm done.
Gumber
- Camorra & Love IC -

Lachryphage
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Lachryphage » Thu May 01, 2014 5:48 pm

carterza wrote:Thinking about an Irekei dagger chucking proccing MA.

Questioning the damage without some kind of debuff for the proc - I'd say I'd run with a channy or ma with shroudborne all the time but I wont be so I'm probably not going to restrict myself to cold procs.

Obv blood prophet, sundancer, undead hunter, +35 int and rest into con / con runes and enough spirit to not run oom on one target.

Would GM shielding and try to get enough def where blinded targets can't hit me. Wouldn't be too worried about ATR because of the blind, would prob bring daggers to 70 or whatever for balanced daggers.

Thoughts?
Someone in my guild did that. It worked a lot better than I thought it would. I don't remember the details though. I do remember that character not lasting very long so there was probably something wrong with the idea that I'm not remembering.

Return to “Assassin, Harbinger of Death”