Discussion about incoming Balance Changes

Chariakin
Snobo
Snobo

Discussion about incoming Balance Changes

Post by Chariakin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Hey,

I thought it would be neat to discuss the implications of the future changes on the Assassin. (Vamp having more points, Neph losing their style but gaining some hp and mana regen.)

These potions nerfs may hit the Nephilim assy in some ways, and may give some place to the Vamp. I like the changes on the Shades too.

I don't care that much about the SM debuff. (It might be annoying, but in most situations against a competent group I was casting it every 20sec anyway)

Discuss

SirDaneth
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Discussion about incoming Balance Changes

Post by SirDaneth » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:14 am

Vamp mage assassin is now more viable. 1 point for 2 trains into bloodcraft means your drains are really going to hit hard. In conjunction with the improved fortitude, you can actually stack some CON and still have the fort be viable against big hitters. Great for all the other damages you take that aren't covered by a fortitude. I think this is a big win.

The satisfaction you get as a shade, knowing your opponent is going to go pee after you kill him, priceless. The annoyance factor of the extra wait period I would say is worth it, since shade is already a great race pick.

The extra 20 trains humans are getting I see as a nice boost, if you want to really go ham on the support as a mage, but I doubt we will see many humans that aren't wererat rogues. And on that same topic, using potions as a wererat is going to be rad.

I don't see the neph changes as being game changing.

The shadowmantle nerf is going to be annoying, but it will change the meta. I see good priests moving away from enemies in range, using their % heal on themselves, and surviving after a mantle, long enough for you to be out of the picture and getting back to throwin' them heals. I think its fair, but we'll have to see how it plays out.

Chariakin
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Chariakin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:33 am

SirDaneth wrote:Vamp mage assassin is now more viable. 1 point for 2 trains into bloodcraft means your drains are really going to hit hard. In conjunction with the improved fortitude, you can actually stack some CON and still have the fort be viable against big hitters. Great for all the other damages you take that aren't covered by a fortitude. I think this is a big win.

The satisfaction you get as a shade, knowing your opponent is going to go pee after you kill him, priceless. The annoyance factor of the extra wait period I would say is worth it, since shade is already a great race pick.

The extra 20 trains humans are getting I see as a nice boost, if you want to really go ham on the support as a mage, but I doubt we will see many humans that aren't wererat rogues. And on that same topic, using potions as a wererat is going to be rad.

The shadowmantle nerf is going to be annoying, but it will change the meta. I see good priests moving away from enemies in range, using their % heal on themselves, and surviving after a mantle, long enough for you to be out of the picture and getting back to throwin' them heals. I think its fair, but we'll have to see how it plays out.
I didn't see anything about the fortitude in the patch notes (except the one from Drannok. But yeah more points in Bloodcraft is always nice.

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:04 am

SirDaneth wrote:Vamp mage assassin is now more viable. 1 point for 2 trains into bloodcraft means your drains are really going to hit hard. In conjunction with the improved fortitude, you can actually stack some CON and still have the fort be viable against big hitters. Great for all the other damages you take that aren't covered by a fortitude. I think this is a big win.

Humans aren't getting 20 extra trains. They're getting 20 extra stat points upon first login. Still pretty nice, you get to pump spirit up a bit.

SirDaneth
Snobo
Snobo

Post by SirDaneth » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm

I didn't see anything about the fortitude in the patch notes (except the one from Drannok. But yeah more points in Bloodcraft is always nice.
You're right, I misread that. Sad day.
Humans aren't getting 20 extra trains. They're getting 20 extra stat points upon first login. Still pretty nice, you get to pump spirit up a bit.
Just as well.

The moral of the story is don't read patch notes when you're drunk.

Chariakin
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Chariakin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:46 am

I prefer the 20 stat points. I feel like it will open human even more. I'm looking forward to test new builds with that (Huntress and Ns will become even cooler). I think support Human MA will love this change as well as Human RA.

Jiruo
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Jiruo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:03 am

Yeah I wonder what everyone's thoughts are between Human's(skills and stat points), Shade's(blind immu and code debuff, Elf(AM power buff and PB immunity), and Vamp(drains and the add skill trains to bloodletting).

I was leaning to Elf bc of the PB immunity + Stun immunity would mean a UA rouge/fighter wouldn't be able to lock you down at all. + the 20% increase in total damage, which is of course nice.

Though the shade, code debuff is a similar damage increase and your blind immu. The new SH effect is interesting for banes and mines. It seems maybe that these four are fairly even.

Return to “Assassin, Harbinger of Death”