Help a new player become a Shade Mage Assassin?

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Help a new player become a Shade Mage Assassin?

Post by Firebat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:07 pm

First off, i want to be a ranged player with stealth. So i googled, and (never havind played the game) found this build:viewtopic.php?f=357&p=318217#p318217
A bow mage proccer. Turns out, it is too complicated for a noob. So here is my question:

Is it possible with my current setup to "respec" or change direction into a normal Assassin mage, or is it too late, given the things ive chosen?

If its possible, would anyone be so kind as to help me out by posting a build? or linking one?

Here is my current setup: Am i screwed as far as a mage assasin goes, because i tried to build that assy mage bow proccer?

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Help a new player become a Shade Mage Assassin?

Post by Mantis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:30 pm

You can definitely salvage that! Starting traits are a hair different, but if you follow this build, you'll do great.

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... _Templates

It's Atone's, the build on the top.

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Firebat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Mantis wrote:You can definitely salvage that! Starting traits are a hair different, but if you follow this build, you'll do great.

well. this is good news!

i wonder how hard it will be to get those runes...

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Firebat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Mantis wrote:You can definitely salvage that! Starting traits are a hair different, but if you follow this build, you'll do great.

I need 30 sorcery to get enfeeblement? but sorcery isnt part of the build you linked. Is it a typo? did Atone just forget to add sorcery ?

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mantis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:42 pm

You won't need to add any points into enfeeblement once you get your intelligence fairly high. Raising intelligence raises the %'s in each of your skills. You may need to add 1 or 2 points to get to 30, but you can refine those out later.

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Firebat » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Enfeeblement has a prerequisite of 30 sorcery.

Yet, sorcery is not listed on the template.

What am i missing here.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:44 pm

Every skill has a designated stat that slightly raises the skill everytime you raise that particular stat. In addition to this, Int also effects every skill in this same way. Every point you put in Int adds 0.1 to every skill. So for every 10 int, you get a full point in each skill. Sorcery's focus stat is spirit, so every train in spirit also adds 0.1 to Sorcery.

As a result, by the time you raise Int to 140 or so and maybe dump a few points in to Spi towards the end of leveling, your Sorcery will be above 30 without ever even putting any trains in it. That's why there's no need to list it as needing trains.

Vivitron
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vivitron » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:18 am

And in case you aren't familiar with refining: the refiner allows you to untrain skills for a small amount of gold. So put the two trains (the first 10 trains give double returns) into sorc for now, and go to a refiner once you get an int rune.

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:40 pm

The higher the int, the higher the base skill. Mantis made a typo, he meant to say you wont need points in sorcery (he typod and wrote enfeeblement), because your int will be high enough that your base skill will go up to 30 or past 30.

You see the higher your int, the higher focus skills go up.
For example when you make a character your sorc/warding/shadowmastery will be like 14, but if you put 80 points in intelligence, your base will go up a significant amount, to like 30 or whatever it may be. Then you get enfeeblement/weakening without putting any points in to sorcery.
Black Crown IC

"Badmooning" - To go afk at a time of importance due to a Skah! wife or cranky children.

Return to “Assassin, Harbinger of Death”