Warlord's Page
TaN
Taint of Chaos
Hearty

75:
155 Str
145 Con
71 in

Tons of fun to play. There's a million in SDR already.

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Re: FOTM neph rogue barb

Post by longblade » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:31 pm

You need ambi with warlords (morlochs). So much better dps than a 2h.

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:40 am

longblade wrote:You need ambi with warlords (morlochs). So much better dps than a 2h.
I've tried that but it doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling of a PoR drake axe.

And yes, the neph barbs are everywhere. They regenerate like a madman. Neph fighters of all kinds are on the rise and tbh I'd rather that than have another flavor of the decade bird scout.

Vahmpyre
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Vahmpyre » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Steffa97 wrote:I've tried that but it doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling of a PoR drake axe.
Dunno how the DPS compares to throwing, but yea, I really like the style rhythm you can get with the Drake. My guess is that it nearly balances out with the lv 35 slash expose and the def cut, but I could be wrong. Stam usage is better with a PoR axe over dual throwing, too, right? I should refine it out to see for myself. Atr would certainly be better with throwing.

Fought a couple templars to a standstill, which is a first for any barb I've rolled. Maybe they weren't any good. But I'm having more fun with my rogue neph bard right now killin high def toons (strippin buffs and sitting on over 2200 atr in precise).

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:37 pm

Vahmpyre wrote:
Steffa97 wrote:I've tried that but it doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling of a PoR drake axe.
Dunno how the DPS compares to throwing, but yea, I really like the style rhythm you can get with the Drake. My guess is that it nearly balances out with the lv 35 slash expose and the def cut, but I could be wrong. Stam usage is better with a PoR axe over dual throwing, too, right? I should refine it out to see for myself. Atr would certainly be better with throwing.

Fought a couple templars to a standstill, which is a first for any barb I've rolled. Maybe they weren't any good. But I'm having more fun with my rogue neph bard right now killin high def toons (strippin buffs and sitting on over 2200 atr in precise).
Are you the owner of a Nephilim bard named MrT INI or something along those lines?

Vahmpyre
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Vahmpyre » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Nah, mine's called InfernalChant. Damage on the DD is sorta meh (200-500) but doesn't miss much. Gold dodge with a +50% dodge buff, SoS and high regen (4.4k hp) makes him pretty hard to kill. He's more fun than the barb in roguebane/lagbane.

Dragoonexorcist13
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Dragoonexorcist13 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:53 pm

What do the captions at the top mean? unstyled and styled.
You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laughter...

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:19 pm

Dragoonexorcist13 wrote:What do the captions at the top mean? unstyled and styled.
Unstyled - Not using a weapon power

Styled - Using your weapon power that grants the greatest damage boost (i.e. for Great Axe, that would be Carnival of Gore)

Splifflord
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Splifflord » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:33 am

This is probably the only toon I've ever seen that would lose to the infamous boxer mino.

pissed
Snobo
Snobo

Post by pissed » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:30 pm

I love it! Gonna make me one that chucks axes.

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:12 pm

pissed wrote:I love it! Gonna make me one that chucks axes.
I love mine...up until the point you're pellegorned. Then it's just another Barbarian. Otherwise they do very well and (with the exception of DWoB maybe), you can survive anything by sitting if you're not regen debuffed.

Equastro
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Equastro » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:38 am

I made one too and can't say I'm impressed. It feels very similar to a HG axe ranger.
Mine got raped by a vamp high def stafflock btw X-D The total regen kill was bad, and then he was high def X-D.

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by longblade » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:31 am

Equastro wrote:I made one too and can't say I'm impressed. It feels very similar to a HG axe ranger.
Mine got raped by a vamp high def stafflock btw X-D The total regen kill was bad, and then he was high def X-D.
No shame there. Warlocks crush regen builds if they go toe to toe. On this build I would kill a lock with hit and run AND ambi Throwing Weapons.

BraveSirRobin
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by BraveSirRobin » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:16 pm

A chicken can take both runecaster and skydancer giving a higher combined str/con/60 int. Made, played and enjoyed both.
Bardiel wrote:Maybe thats why people cry hacks, little to NO knowledge about a game thats as old as SB.

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:19 pm

BraveSirRobin wrote:A chicken can take both runecaster and skydancer giving a higher combined str/con/60 int. Made, played and enjoyed both.
And wear a hat.

Return to “Barbarian, Savage of the Northlands”