Procing 2h barb?

Bruskie
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Procing 2h barb?

Post by Bruskie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:37 pm

i made my procing rogue barb and love him to death. i am haveing alot of fun right now on him.

got me thinking of a 2h barb

HG both int runes
5-35 ingame
175 con

any one know if 2h procs are scaled to match? since i am only useing 1 weapon, would the proc be higher then a 1h proc? seams logical. not sure if this is the case though.
Blood & Iron

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Procing 2h barb?

Post by zenjah » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Bruskie wrote:any one know if 2h procs are scaled to match? since i am only useing 1 weapon, would the proc be higher then a 1h proc? seams logical. not sure if this is the case though.
No. Procs do not scale to match weapon speed.
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

Bruskie
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Bruskie » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 am

zenjah wrote:
Bruskie wrote:any one know if 2h procs are scaled to match? since i am only useing 1 weapon, would the proc be higher then a 1h proc? seams logical. not sure if this is the case though.
damn wish they did. what would happen if they did?
Blood & Iron

8Shade
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by 8Shade » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:50 am

Bruskie wrote:
zenjah wrote:
We would probably see a new diverse builds. It really depends if the dmg was scaled, or just the chance to proc. The speed of two handed weapons is much slower, so two one handed weapons (ua for example) would still be much better for proccing. Also with two weapons you can have 4 procs instead of 2. (or 6 but those are not really viable much due to low atr)
If dmg was scaled, you would ocasionally see very big numbers, maybe even instakills from some characters who posess power dmg buff (sentinel, templar etc.)

I actually see it as a good idea, probably going with higher the chance to proc route. That shouldn't mess with any balance imho.

Bruskie
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Bruskie » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:14 am

8Shade wrote:
Bruskie wrote:
zenjah wrote: No. Procs do not scale to match weapon speed.
We would probably see a new diverse builds. It really depends if the dmg was scaled, or just the chance to proc. The speed of two handed weapons is much slower, so two one handed weapons (ua for example) would still be much better for proccing. Also with two weapons you can have 4 procs instead of 2. (or 6 but those are not really viable much due to low atr)
If dmg was scaled, you would ocasionally see very big numbers, maybe even instakills from some characters who posess power dmg buff (sentinel, templar etc.)

I actually see it as a good idea, probably going with higher the chance to proc route. That shouldn't mess with any balance imho.

i agree it would be exciting. maybe scale proc off str instead of int? or maybe even weap skill? not sure if that is possible. i think ill post this in brainstorming.
Blood & Iron

Return to “Barbarian, Savage of the Northlands”