We went into the Bard changes with the thoughts that "Hey, Bards are great. They fill a unique role, it's powerful and their powers are very different to other support classes. But it really falls down in rewarding active thought, proactiveness outside of roots and didn't really feel all that fun to play sometimes."
The new support bard is focused on replenishment, situational chants and choices. An active bard will be rewarded tenfold compared to a bot or someone using a chant macro and all chants have a situational use. Playing a bard (even an int one in certain circumstances!) will be rewarding and a lot more fun.
Thank you for reading. Hope this gives you some insight into what Bards may end up being in the next phase. As always, everything here is still in internal testing and subject to change.
- Gentle Melody, Restive Melody and Calming Melody no longer stack. Each Melody will overwrite the previous Melody.
- Ragnor's Rede of Rending, Cuthric's Rede of Cunning and Dela's Rede of Deftness Each Rede no longer stack. Each Rede will overwrite the previous Rede.
- All bard chants now last 60s, with a 30s recast.
- Ragnor's Rede of Rending now GMs at +40% damage down from +50%.
- Gentle Melody now, in addition to the passive regen heals for a small amount of health every 5s for 30s. This works while on the move.
- Restive Melody now, in addition to the passive regen, heals a small amount of stamina every 5s for 30s. This works while on the move.
- Calming Melody now, in addition to the passive regen heals for a small amount of mana every 5s for 30s. This works while on the move.
- Mighty Countersong's recast has been increased from 10s to 20s. We're looking closely at this change.
- The Rhythm of Steel has been renamed "Dela's Rede of Deftness". It is now a +160ATR Rede Chant.
- Baleful Battlehymn has been renamed "Cuthric's Rede of Cunning". It is a +150DEF Rede Chant.
- We may be looking at removing the stun component of Dread Dissonance and replacing it with a more useful support oriented secondary effect. Feedback would be great!
Feedback is always appreciated!