Patch 2.2.0 Discussion!

News, Information, and Discussion with the team
Doon
SBE Team
SBE Team

Patch 2.2.0 Discussion!

Post by Doon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:54 am

Hail!

Whilst our developers have been tirelessly working to improve stability, squash bugs and improve the architecture of all of our tools, the Design Team have been working on a small patch to improve some basic quality of life adjustments, improve the experience of New Noob Island as well as some small balance adjustments. The following scope has been agreed upon within the team, and a basic draft patch notes have been drawn up - but we want your input on these areas so that we can both improve our current draft, but also to build some ideas and brainstorming for any potential followup patches.

The following is our first small content update for our Ardan server, which we have put together to improve quality of life, polish noob island and slightly reduce the potency of burst-AE and the reliance on HP suffix for health pools. It is a small update worked on solely by the Design Team.

• Noob Island maximum level has been adjusted from 35 to 30.
  • Faction Guards now patrol the starting areas for each faction.
  • Alchemists on the island no longer sell Greater Concoction Potions for 2,000, instead selling Lesser Concoction Potions (+35 Buffs) for free.
  • Removed Movement Speed from the Noob Island outpost bonuses.
  • Classes now begin with their class Damage power. This affects Bard, Crusader, Druid, Prelate and Sentinel.
  • Stances are now granted at level 10, rather than 15.
This Noob Island Update is part of a two-part update to polish Noob. This should make it easier for returning players, and it should both reduce extreme griefing and make characters more viable in PvP at an earlier level.

• Tooltips are now more detailed and provide information about their Interactions, Dispel Tags, Ranges and Radius where appropriate.
  • Prelate, Fury, Channeler and Sentinel AoE animations have been made more minimalistic to improve GvG FPS and visibility.
This client portion should slightly improve GvG FPS and visibility, as well as make powers and effects interactions much more understandable without needing the wiki.

• Channeler's Call Lightning damage has been reduced by 20%.
  • Necromancer's Unholy Storm damage has been reduced by 20%.
  • Prelate's Saint Lorne's Ire damage has been reduced by 5%.
  • Armor Health Suffixes have been reduced from "20/30/40/50/60/70/80/100/125" to "5/10/15/20/30/40/50/60/75".
This balance portion is put together due to the potency of high-powered casters, and the meta of burst-AEs. We hope that this slight reduction in power won't result in a pendulum swing, and that more armor suffixes may become viable as a result.

Feedback welcome and appreciated. Thank you!
I believed that you wouldn't let Doon scam us, because I believed you, not him....
I can't save face for believing in KoR and you to Infamous, so I'm just quitting SB. It is no wonder that he unites people to hate him over the way he acts....

Dahk
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Patch 2.2.0 Discussion!

Post by Dahk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:25 am

Those balance changes reek of a Starfish overreaction. 20% is a significant nerf. Why start so high? Maybe drop 10% and go from there if it seems like its not enough?

Can someone please explain to me the reduction on the health suffixes on armor? Is the goal to make people easier to kill? People already die extremely fast in GvG engagements and now you want to make their health pools smaller? Whats the rationale behind this?

No issues with the noob island changes or tooltips. Doesn't move the needle in any significant way.

I will say that I like the changes to particles to help with visibility. that is a welcome change so that everyone wont be playing at 9%.
Rockout with my Dahk out
previously known as Averith

Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Patch 2.2.0 Discussion!

Post by Starfish » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:35 am

Hi Dahk

These AoEs were improved by over 20% a few phases ago in order to combat zerging (if you remember when they hit 60 people). We are simply un-doing that buff as it no longer serves a purpos due to single boxing and our new anti-zerg mechanisms, as well as the fact that it is causing balance issues.

RE: HP Suffixes. We basically buffed these too much. On live the last two tiers were 40/45 - right now the last two are 100/125. This is basically allowing previously very squishy characters, such as elf healers or mages, attain record amounts of maximum health while retaining extremely high damage output. This was not the intention. In addition, when running the math - the 5% resist suffixes are almost never better than the 125 health, but especially so in a caster or stackbane meta.

Right now, the HP suffixes are hands down the best armor suffixes in the game. We are just reducing them to a happy medium between 24.3 (near useless) and RiF (ridiculous), ie 60/75 for the last two tiers. This will hopefully ensure that other suffixes are also considered, and that we don't see high powered mages reaching such obscene health pools.

Return to “Fireside Chat”