Preview server is up! Please be sure to use the new launcher, if you are using the same Shadowbane folder, do not use the previous patcher!
(PROTIP: Clone your Shadowbane folder for this preview)
(PROTIP: Add an exception to your Anti-Virus for the Shadowbane Folder, feel free to test the patcher files on Virus Total)
Steps to access:
1. Log into your account on the forums (here).
2. Access this page: app.php/launcherv2
3. Follow the directions on that page, summarized below:
- Download the SBE Launcher, here.
- Place the contents of the zip file (not the folder itself) in your Shadowbane Directory. Where sb.exe is.
- Run the Launcher program. If your client is out-of-date you will see several files downloaded.
- Once the downloads are complete, copy the MAC Address and the Authorization Code and place them in their respective fields (above).
- Click the 'Update' button. This verifies you placed a valid pair into the input boxes.
- Once your status reflects 'Verified,' you are ready to play. Click the 'Play' button to launch Shadowbane. (Note - it can take a few minutes to fully update)
Frequently Asked Questions / Troubleshooting
Question: Launcher Requirements?
Answer: .Net 4.5.2 Framework and Windows 7 or above. (XP may work, but we are not actively building for it).
Question: Why do I need to do this?
Answer: The Shadowbane community has expressed an interest in reducing the number of clients an individual can play at once. This approach doesn't 100% block key cloning, but does significantly reduce the number of players who are doing it.
Question: It sounds like you can still key clone then, can I do it?
Answer: No. Key cloning is against the Server Rules and will result in a perma-bane of all accounts connected to the player who was key cloning.
Question: So I have to play 1 account?
Answer: You can still play more than one account. All accounts after the first will recieve a penalty.
Question: What do I do if I am getting an error on the launcher?
Answer: Double-check that you have the three files from the .zip in your Shadowbane directory. If you do and are still getting the error, find the file "lnchrdebug.txt" and post it in the #qa-serious channel on Discord or on the Technical Help thread here on this forum.
Issue: I'm verified, but I'm getting the "Use the SBE Launcher" error when trying to get in game.
Answer: There is a 5 minute delay between updating your authorization and getting your details into the game database. Wait 5 minutes, then try again.
Question: Forums are showing invalid update when updating launcher code.
Answer: Log in and out of your account on forums.