huntress weapon DoTs

Moderator: Test Team

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

huntress weapon DoTs

Post by Telemakus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:32 pm

I already posted this in the templar section but I figured I'd post it here too because why the Skah! not i guess. It's been bothering me all beta.
All of the class based weapon power DoTs required hit rolls on live (not bleeds of course).
For that matter, so did the huntress DoTs, the wyrmslayer, and the crusader one.

Unless this was changed in the very twilight of shadowbane, which I can find no patch to indicate it was. I don't know why the wiki doesn't reflect that except for the sader DoT, but it is definitely wrong. I also don't know why no one has posted about this before. I refrained from it because I thought it was such a blatant issue that everyone had to already be aware of it.

Taken from Patch 3:

Huntress
The weapon powers 'Naargal's Bite' and 'Naargal's Dart' now require a hit-roll on the deferred portion.
The Huntress' high level pet has been renamed to avoid confusion
'Strength of the Stag' now has the correct effect icon

Templar
The weapon power 'Sword of Saint Malorn' now requires a hit-roll on the deferred portion.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

8Shade
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Re: huntress weapon DoTs

Post by 8Shade » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:00 pm

please stop creating new topics when we already discuss it in an existing topic which you already found... Wyrmslayer dot had auto-hit for sure the entire time, templar had it at the start of Thurin for sure, dunno if at the end. I hate discussing things in 3 separate topics and I dont like repeating myself...

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:53 pm

8Shade wrote:please stop creating new topics when we already discuss it in an existing topic which you already found... Wyrmslayer dot had auto-hit for sure the entire time, templar had it at the start of Thurin for sure, dunno if at the end. I hate discussing things in 3 separate topics and I dont like repeating myself...
I didn't see the existing topic until after posting this.

No, wyrmslayer didn't have autohit for sure.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

aeroch
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by aeroch » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:57 pm

8Shade wrote:Wyrmslayer dot had auto-hit for sure the entire time,
Kefkari wrote:The wyrmslayer dot isn't AUTO hit like a bleed, much like a huntress you will find your self switching to precise stance just to get it to land.
link

issue still needs more research, really. i'm not 100% sure but i think Morloch is missing some patch notes from 2006 where it skips from Patch 14 to Patch 18, but that could just be an error with numbering or something else.

kind of an annoying discussion certainly, with both sides being able to present information that seems factual and people on both sides claiming 100% certainty, but at some point a decision will have to be made. kinda curious how SBE should come to that conclusion, whether it's basing it on verifiable patch notes, last known accurate UBI post, community consensus, or how much RichV and Claymore like Templars and Huntresses (jk)

aeroch
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by aeroch » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:04 pm

bumping this
Waerloga wrote:Every resource I can find says that naargal's bite and dart do not require a hitroll, like a bleed, in order to be applied to a target when you attack them and use the weapon power. However, sometimes it says, "your power misses your target," when I use it. So, why is the hitroll based on? Your weapon ATR? If you miss or have an attack dodged, a bleed is still applied, but not so with naargal's bite/dart? I've had similar issues with the cold DoT/snare from wyrmslayer.
- 10/25/08

so the DoT had a hit-roll at the end of 2008. sounds to me like the Wiki sites have the power listed incorrectly and it did indeed require a hit-roll.

if you have the UBI archive, you can find the thread using this link
ubbforums.ubi.com/showflat364d.html?Cat=&Board=sb_huntress&Number=3370046&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Nino
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Nino » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:50 pm

I don't believe it was ever implemented. My DoT always autohit on Thurin until server down.

Return to “Huntress”