Retired Staff

Familiar and True Familiar

Post by Maethius » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Familiar and True Familiar hits/kills itself and other observations

Forum Date/Time: 3/13/12 4:44pm

Server Rev #: 4817

World Location Coordinates, Macrozone, Microzone: south of Aeldreth 69883x46805

Character Information (race, class, level): 75 Human Wizard

Bug Summary: I can't recall if this occurred during live. I never ordered my familiar to attack itself. Anyways, I target greater familiar, target it, and press the attack button in the window to control the pet. It hits itself for 3-4 points of damage, killed itself.

Steps to Reproduce: summon a familiar, target it, press the attack button on pet window

Additional Information: Need to try this on pets for other classes (necro, amazon, summoner disc)

On another note, wizard familiars do respawn after dismissing them, but do not aggro other players like necro or other pets do.

Perhaps a place to look for a fix for other pets with regards to uncontrolled aggro? Extremely underpowered as well too, which is a known issue. ./info shows level 1 for familiar no matter how many points trained, 1 or GMed, True Familiar is lvl 60 GMed (seems right) but again, very weak attack and HP.

The wizard pet also respawns at the wizard trainer if dismissed in Aeldreth, and remains there. Hidetade killed it once, it respawned again with lower HP in the HP bar in the selection window than before, again at the wizard trainer in south Aeldreth, facing the trainer.

Zergwin's Law: As a discussion about a fight or bane grows longer, the probability of complaints
of zerging and recriminations over which side unfairly brought greater numbers approaches 1.

Candi
Retired Test Team Lead
Retired Test Team Lead

Re: Familiar and True Familiar

Post by Candi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Fixed.

Return to “Wizard”