Post by Hidetade » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:27 am

WTB PPR and IDP next year if we are doing 16 man leagues

Jellyfish - GL :: Order of the Pink Pansies - IC :: House of Errants - FM

Grapes
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Heroes Of Wanford Fantasy Football League

Post by Grapes » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:44 am

I liked having more teams to be honest, found a couple players, that I wouldn't have even thought about drafting that actually faired out pretty well.
give a man a beer and he'll entertain you.
hold a mans beer and he'll entertain the world.
How to Join SBEmu | Report a Bug | Wiki | Facebook

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:39 pm

I think the settings are pretty good now. If we do PPR, can we do .25 or .2 per reception instead of a whole point? A whole point skews it too much in favor of pass catching RBs.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Vervandi wrote:I think the settings are pretty good now. If we do PPR, can we do .25 or .2 per reception instead of a whole point? A whole point skews it too much in favor of pass catching RBs.
I agree. A pass reception that loses 10 yards shouldn't give you squat.

If Andre Johnson goes 10 of 15 for 20 yards he should have two points, not 12 points.

in my opinion any PPR is irrational, but more than a fraction of a point per reception is ridiculous. Why not give running backs points for attempts? Or quarterbacks points for completions?

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Vervandi wrote:
Blyster wrote:16 teams was a bit much. We could have made up a game called, "Throw shit at the fan.", and the person who ended up the most clean at the end wins. That's pretty much how I feel this league's season sorta went.
Wow, what a sore loser. I've been doing this for quite a while and I don't think anyone with any FFB experience at all would agree that less teams = more skill.
Nah, it wasn't that.

12 teams is good. IDP is really good. But 16 teams just got retarded if you suffered any injuries to any of your top picks. And if you were unlucky enough to have multiple injuries early, then the season was over with little chance to find decent replacements. And because your place on the waiver wire depends on how many FA's you picked up any given week, when there was possibly a decent player that came available, the people who didn't make many FA player swaps got dibs at the top of the waiver order, so they ended up with the better FA's too. Basically, the rich got richer.

I had injuries out the wazoo from day 1, and had to get active on the waiver wire early, and after that I couldn't get a single player worth a shit. There just wasn't any. And when maybe one popped up, somebody with a higher waiver priority got them.

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Yeah, the waiver wire ordering always gets me because I like to make a lot of moves/trades.

The only real negative for me about the 16 team format was that we had a couple of inactives early on. At the very least, Kris became a bye for the people who played against him since he didn't set his roster throughout the bye weeks or to account for injuries. I think at least one or two others didn't set their rosters as well. At the very least, they should have set their rosters for each week at the beginning of the year so the only issue would have been injuries, and no one would have been able to tell that they weren't actually playing (Except the commish) because their roster would have shifted automatically week to week.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Put some money on it and maybe the inactive players will be motivated. You can also use a toilet bowl or losers bracket prize for that.

Injuries happen. In shallow leagues, there are studs all over the waiver wire, which is pretty dumb. You might as well just flip coins to see who the winner is. Deep leagues or deep rosters really do make it more competitive.

FFS 4 of my first 5 picks were Doug Martin, Ryan Mathews, Ray Rice and Cordarell Patterson for God's sake. The point is that you can miss on your early picks and do just fine if you're active and half bright. The idea that a deep league is an excuse for poor performance because you miss on one or two pics is just bullshit.
Last edited by Coolwatersx on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:Put some money on it and maybe the inactive players will be motivated. You can also use a toilet bowl or losers bracket prize for that.

Injuries happen. In shallow leagues, there are studs all over the waiver wire, which is pretty dumb. You might as well just flip coins to see who the winner is. Deep leagues or deep rosters really do make it more competitive.

FFS 4 of my first 5 picks were Doug Martin, Ryan Mathews and Cordarell Patterson for God's sake. The point is that you can miss on your early picks and do just fine if you're active and half bright. The idea that a deep league is an excuse for poor performance because you miss on one or two pics is just bullshit.
I had Zac Stacy, Knowshon Moreno, Julius Thomas, Danny Woodhead, Andre Johnson, Sammy Watkins, all of which either got injured for the season, for a big part of the season, or they simply shit the bed and went from being great last year for points to total shit this year and riding the bench or simply sucking ass.

Some how, with guys like Roy Helu, Mohamed Sanu, Justin Forsett, Marcus Wheaton, Jonas Gray, Larry Donnell, Latavius Murray, and Heath Miller I some how managed to squeak out 7 wins. Hell, I even started Jacksonville's defense 3x (not in a row) and each time they got me over 10 points simply because I played the matchup.

Trust me, I have been playing FF for about 10 years, about 4 or 5 leagues a year, most of which are pay-to-play $100-$500 entry, and I do my research. I looked for matchups and played against matchups with some pretty obscure players and sometimes I just barely got beat. There wasn't much I could have done different and I still wouldn't have stood a chance. The talent pool simply isn't big enough with 16 people.

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Vervandi wrote:Yeah, the waiver wire ordering always gets me because I like to make a lot of moves/trades.

The only real negative for me about the 16 team format was that we had a couple of inactives early on. At the very least, Kris became a bye for the people who played against him since he didn't set his roster throughout the bye weeks or to account for injuries. I think at least one or two others didn't set their rosters as well. At the very least, they should have set their rosters for each week at the beginning of the year so the only issue would have been injuries, and no one would have been able to tell that they weren't actually playing (Except the commish) because their roster would have shifted automatically week to week.
I didnt set my roster for one week due to injuries coinciding with a bye week and was going to be royally fucked that week anyway
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Looking back, I was luck as hell to even make the playoffs.

R1 Jimmy Graham
R2 Doug Martin
R3 Ryan Matthews
R4 Cordarell Patterson
R5 Ray Rice

Good lord. 1 of 5, And Graham sucked for a big part of the year.

BeanCurd
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by BeanCurd » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:12 am

Was a great season finally came in the top 3 this year, aiming for the crown next season!

BeanCurd
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by BeanCurd » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:13 am

Vervandi wrote:I think the settings are pretty good now. If we do PPR, can we do .25 or .2 per reception instead of a whole point? A whole point skews it too much in favor of pass catching RBs.

I liked the settings a lot should keep it the same.

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:16 am

I would go for a .5 per reception and add IDP, I played my first FF league with .5 PPR and IDP and you have to do a bit more research to find the sleeper defensive players. There are obvious picks like JJ Watt but I picked some pretty obscure defensive players in my league and had pretty decent success.

Grapes
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Grapes » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Almost this time of year again

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Grapes wrote:Almost this time of year again
Yesssss

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Please no IDP and maybe make it smaller. Also, how about PPR (.5, not 1) and 2 QBs (if 10-12 players) for consideration?
MrZoneSix

Muf
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Muf » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:56 am

Skoot wrote:Please no IDP and maybe make it smaller. Also, how about PPR (.5, not 1) and 2 QBs (if 10-12 players) for consideration?

I wouldn't mind it being PPR. 2 QB's... 1 to start, and 1 to start on a bye week. :P

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Two QBs is fun! But only viable with 8-12 people (even 12 is a stretch, 10 is the sweet spot.)
MrZoneSix

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:54 am

BUMP

WHEN IS THE DRAFT KADA

Muf
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Muf » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:56 am

Needs to be a Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday night.

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:15 pm

I don't disagree

Kada
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Kada » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:48 am

Greetings homos!! Sorry for the delay, I've been swamped irl lately. I'm looking forward to continuing the excellence that is Heroes Of Wanford Fantasy Football League. League invites were sent out in May to all 16 teams. This listed 4 teams have not replied: Glacial Facial, Agent Ady, SkooterFlav, and Cash Money. Repeat invites have been handed out.

Grapes
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Grapes » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:50 am

Lore division is shaping up to be tough,down with ARAC!!

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Kada wrote:Greetings homos!! Sorry for the delay, I've been swamped irl lately. I'm looking forward to continuing the excellence that is Heroes Of Wanford Fantasy Football League. League invites were sent out in May to all 16 teams. This listed 4 teams have not replied: Glacial Facial, Agent Ady, SkooterFlav, and Cash Money. Repeat invites have been handed out.
My invite just came through today and I was unable to accept it
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

Kada
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Kada » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:20 am

Draft time set! Wednesday September 2, 2015 Time: 9:15 pm EST

Tried to make it most convenient for all time zones.

Still 2 teams yet to renew (Ady and Skoot).

kkCOOLSkk
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by kkCOOLSkk » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:09 am

Kada wrote:Draft time set! Wednesday September 2, 2015 Time: 9:15 pm EST

Tried to make it most convenient for all time zones.

Still 2 teams yet to renew (Ady and Skoot).
Add me if there is a spot imo. What site are you guys using?
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP! KEEP YOUR BILLIONS!
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile

Kada
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Kada » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Yahoo

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:56 am

We're still one team short!

kkCOOLSkk
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by kkCOOLSkk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:58 am

Vervandi wrote:We're still one team short!
send info or invite to me imo. Yahoo name is CoolsUpInDemGuts
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP! KEEP YOUR BILLIONS!
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:24 pm

I hope this thread becomes the biggest thread EVER

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”