Shadowbane withdraws

RavenHawk
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Shadowbane withdraws

Post by RavenHawk » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:54 pm

Just logged in to see how things are going, and looks like stuff is kind of dead.

I stopped playing awhile back for a few different reason

1. Real life took priority, (witch im sure that's the issue for alot of people)
2. In my opinion Shadowbane "Emulator" was no longer focused on what the main objective was.

Now im sure this is an old story, and im sure this has been brought up before.
But, What happened to bringing the game back to where it was when it got shut down.

that's the game we all missed, reading all of these changes, its like half of the game has been redesigned.

Is the project still going?
Is there still live players?

I'd come back and start playing again, if i knew i was playing the same game that got shut down
We were so close in beta i thought...

thoughts? opinions? or same ol' story?

Dachende
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Shadowbane withdraws

Post by Dachende » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:52 am

Magicbane - close to live.
SBEMU - changes.

2 emulators, 2 choices
:)

RavenHawk
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by RavenHawk » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:14 am

Dachende wrote:Magicbane - close to live.
SBEMU - changes.

2 emulators, 2 choices
:)
both choices kinda suck atm

Magicbane last i knew wanted to revert alot of the changes that they made in the later years of shadowbane

SBEMU from what i read anyway and correct me if im wrong, want to change everything besides class/race names, and graphics

Dachende
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Dachende » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:17 am

Close, but I'm pretty sure that MB actually hasn't made any changes, it's as close to live as I can remember ?

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Magicbane is almost exactly like live with aspects of patch 24.3 and pre-patch 24.3 (ex: errant ruins). Give it a try, you'll probably like it.
MrZoneSix

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Dachende wrote:Close, but I'm pretty sure that MB actually hasn't made any changes, it's as close to live as I can remember ?
There are significant differences.

But yeah, I agree that it is closer to live than this place.

BTW, I really don`t get why are people against changes? On live there were changes all the time, and many of them changed the game almost to the core. And many of them turned out to be an actual necessity.
So why be afraid of some new changes?
TSCCC IC

Dachende
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Dachende » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:50 pm

Sek wrote:
Dachende wrote:Close, but I'm pretty sure that MB actually hasn't made any changes, it's as close to live as I can remember ?

BTW, I really don`t get why are people against changes? On live there were changes all the time, and many of them changed the game almost to the core. And many of them turned out to be an actual necessity.
Hate to be a pain, but can you please tell me what those changes are ? I haven't noticed much difference from live, but it was a LONG time ago :)

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:32 pm

Dachende wrote: Hate to be a pain, but can you please tell me what those changes are ? I haven't noticed much difference from live, but it was a LONG time ago :)
Different mapset (Live was all Voringia towards the end).

The ruins.

Different drop rates (much higher than live). Certain mob camps moved compared to live.

Various other stuff. Transformation rings, some other gear that wasn`t available on Live.

Overall, I`d say significant changes. Though, of course, still much close to 24.3 than this server was in it`s last phase (which is nothing to be proud of, imo).
TSCCC IC

RavenHawk
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by RavenHawk » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Sek wrote:

Not really against changes, but i quit playing all together when magicbane came out, and it seemed that's where everything went down hill. I thought we should focus more about getting the game back up to where it was when it shut down before we started to make changes.. that's where i lost all interest...

But either way its shadowbane and i miss playing it, miss playing with the player base.. Good times

UltraHaze
Snobo
Snobo

Post by UltraHaze » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm joining magicbane here next week. Excited to be back

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”