Selos CB App

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Selos1
Snobo
Snobo

Selos CB App

Post by Selos1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Thank you for the opportunity to help test this project. I hope I can add value in a way that will move things along as quickly as possible so we can all play to crush!

1: Please describe your Shadowbane gameplay history. How long did you play Shadowbane? What servers did you play on? Did you play fairly continuously, or were there periods of inactivity? What changes(if any) brought you out of periods of inactivity? Were you a part of the original SB beta program?

I played shadowbane off and on since before humans got extra trains. I was on corruption, brailla, mourning and a couple of others I don't remember due to how long ago it was. I am involved in The Crystal Order and Savage Heroes so I would have followed them to whatever server they were currently on.

2: What areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there some mechanic or aspect of the game that you know inside out and backwards? This could be certain classes, or even specific builds, races, or types of characters. This could be more general experience in city building, city management and crafting, guild management, bane offense/defense, lots of experience in specific zones or areas, or any other aspect of Shadowbane that you have a great deal of experience/memory for.

I have the most experience around the scout class and mapping out hotzones quickly. I spent the majority of my time going after discs so PVE mobs, rune droppers and camps is where most of my experience lies. TCO was based in the snow areas for a few years so the ice camps are the bulk of my strength, we used to PL at the runecaster drop all the time. I also am very familiar with caster warlocks, priests, centaurs, doomys and rangers. During banes I was always scouting so I still have a good feel for getting the overall picture of what a bane defense/offense looks like and how the flow of battle should typically go. We also spent a lot of time around turtles so I remember very well the turtle spawns the demon spawns that surround them in RoC.

3: What areas of Shadowbane are you least experienced in? What did you spend little/no time on, or have very little experience or memory with?

I don't recall ever rolling a vampire toon and although I had access to some forges of a friends city so I'm familiar with how to roll items I never personally owned a city.

4: A bug with the Dark Knight stun has been reported. Supposedly the DK stun is able to stun people while they still have a stun immunity effect active from a previous stun. Please explain the procedure you would use to verify this bug, show steps you would take in testing to confirm or disprove the bug, and demonstrate how you would document your findings for the rest of the team. Remember that testing will be a team effort, and everyone's work must be understandable and repeatable by other testers/designers/developers.

Using several toons that can provide stun immunity (priest, wizards, other DK toons) I would stun several types of characters (try to get all 4 classes represented, no minos obviously) then attempt to re-stun them to verify that the bug occurs. If there is no specific information on classes used then it's important to test every possible combination to make sure it's not just a certain classes stun immunity that affects the bug. Once I found a certain base class (i.e. rogue) that the bug did work on I would try all professions available for that class to see if it is the entire race/class combo or only certain proffs. After I tested all combinations I would write them down in a spreadsheet for fellow testers to use which would look like the following:

toon- aelf scout, stun immunity provided by- priest, outcome- cannot be stunned by DK disc
toon- vamp warrior, stun immunity provided by- wizard, outcome- was stunned by DK disc while immune
etc.

5: The development team has passed the crafting system on to the test team for initial verification. Given a forge or magic shop with a vendor placed, explain the steps you would take to verify whether the crafting system is working correctly. What things would you do to try and break the system and find any errors in the vendor/rolling system?

To make it as easy to track as possible I would probably start by just attempting to roll multiple of the same item, i.e. just staffs. Then if that is working correctly I would try to see if I could roll extra items while items are already rolling to see if the limits are working correctly. Then I would try to pull the loot off of the vendor before it's baked to see if the crafting duration/hold is working correctly. Then once the items are made they would need to be equipped and used against other players and mobs to ensure that they are applying the stats they say on the item. The morloch wiki can be referenced to ensure that prefixes and suffixes are not being applied that should not be applied to items. Also I can draw on my memory/experience of shadowbane to ensure nothing looks out of the ordinary. I would also want to see what happened if I junked items in mid-rolling to see if they will drop as a completed item. Basically the goal is to try every click possible in the User Interface to see if I can make something happen that isn't supposed to.

6: Please provide your Age, Location, what languages you speak and amount of time able to dedicate to the project.

I am 28 years old and live in Fort Worth, TX. I speak English and a tiny bit of German. I have already cancelled my SWTOR account in preparation for this and as a result am ready to take that 30-40 hours a week and channel it into getting the Semu ready to launch!

Thank you for your consideration. Please contact me for any follow-up questions. Also if you need a reference please contact my GL Gahn. He is listed on these forums with his original name "Gahn".

Selos

Kris
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Re: Selos CB App

Post by Kris » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:26 pm

+1 well written

Selos1
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Selos CB App

Post by Selos1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks Kris. I typically only play one game at a time so if I'm going to play something I want to help make sure its good.

Return to “Closed Beta Submissions”