Ubers application

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Uber
Snobo
Snobo

Ubers application

Post by Uber » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:19 am

1: Please describe your Shadowbane gameplay history. How long did you play Shadowbane? What servers did you play on? Did you play fairly continuously, or were there periods of inactivity? What changes(if any) brought you out of periods of inactivity? Were you a part of the original SB beta program?

I played shadowbane beta and from Release to the close of the servers. I had characters on all of the SB servers but played mostly on mourning. I played at least 6 hours a day for few years and would do so again if given the chance. I'm a martial artist by trade and I have a lot of free time
When not at the dojo. I'd be glad to help.

2: What areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there some mechanic or aspect of the game that you know inside out and backwards? This could be certain classes, or even specific builds, races, or types of characters. This could be more general experience in city building, city management and crafting, guild management, bane offense/defense, lots of experience in specific zones or areas, or any other aspect of Shadowbane that you have a great deal of experience/memory for.

I was a build tweaker for my guild KGB and spec crew creator with team -X- gaming. I'm highly knowledgeable in just about every aspect of itemization, creation, stats exact locations of all runes discs specialty armor. I knew all the solo specialty mob locations that had increased chance do +40 stat runes and vorgrim all locations. I created the first chainsaw barb in beta and have a lot more builds I still wanna play with!!!! I was a renown PK on my elf huntress Phaed and many of my characters had Über in the name like Uberchronix, Ubers Buffbot, Uberhuntress, UberChanny etc.

3: What areas of Shadowbane are you least experienced in? What did you spend little/no time on, or have very little experience or memory with?

Programming and source code work as I
Have zero programming experience but I am a professional gamer and martial
Artist so could help test PVP extensively :)

4: A bug with the Dark Knight stun has been reported. Supposedly the DK stun is able to stun people while they still have a stun immunity effect active from a previous stun. Please explain the procedure you would use to verify this bug, show steps you would take in testing to confirm or disprove the bug, and demonstrate how you would document your findings for the rest of the team. Remember that testing will be a team effort, and everyone's work must be understandable and repeatable by other testers/designers/developers.

I would record it and annotate the time flag and
Submit the bug according to the teams bug submission protocol and
Fill out any associated forms needed to file the bug and be available by email, irc or vent to
Discuss as needed.

5: The development team has passed the crafting system on to the test team for initial verification. Given a forge or magic shop with a vendor placed, explain the steps you would take to verify whether the crafting system is working correctly. What things would you do to try and break the system and find any errors in the vendor/rolling system?

I would first roll every non resourced gear and see if the system was working and log my activity. I would then roll all
Resources gear to check for errors and log my findings. I would then attempt to roll resource gear and non
Resource gear without resources present I would also check things like if I could roll high end gear without leveling or ranking the merchants.

6: Please provide your Age, Location, what languages you speak and amount of time able to dedicate to the project.

I'm 41, new York area, English and Italian, 2-6 hours daily.

Kinslayer
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Re: Ubers application

Post by Kinslayer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Explain professional gamer.
Scorn GL
I offer you our contempt.
The scorn of genius is the most arrogant and the most boundless of all scorn.

Uber
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Ubers application

Post by Uber » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 am

Professional Gamer: New CPU every 3 months to max FPS, compete in various FPS tournaments and dominate the PVP spectrum in all PVP games.

Return to “Closed Beta Submissions”