Cryfowl's Application

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Cryfowl's Application

Post by Cryfowl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:49 pm

I hadn't really given any thought to applying to the test team specifically but received an invitation from Candi to do so. So why not?

i've been playing Shadowbane consistently since late 04 / early 05. I don't know exactly when i started but it was before Concs lol. I began on Mourning server and played there almost exclusively (with about 6 months on lore server and test) until relaunch. I then went to malog until it was completely abandoned by NA players then finally Saedron (back to lore - which i enjoyed, lol). I have been a part of the Closed Beta Servers since almost the beginning. I won my original spot through writing a Noob Guide and have played up until now.

Guild wise I was originally with Disorder on Mourning. After that nation disbanded I joined several other old Disorder members and played with napstar (Unbelievably Awesomely) under several guild names (subbed to blood clan briefly , Flying Salmon Posse, a part of Cosmic Slam-O alliance) We are still active today as a guild in closed Beta and are currently subbed with -X-. I am also currently acting Guild Leader for UA (although i defer to Napstar in many things as "our" NL even though we are subbed to another nation right now.)

I 've always been a fairly scholarly player of Shadowbane. i enjoy knowing how things work, and why things work (about a lot of things in life) I must say that one of Shadowbane's main attractions for me is the huge amount of diversity it offers as far as characters and capabilities. The total different possible build combinations is almost endless and compared to other games that have only a handful of different toons Shadowbane wins every time. During my time I feel that I have taken a very proactive role in participating in Closed Beta. I still believe in this project and for the most part rarely pay attention to the politics. i think that SBEmu is the only one that is run by honest and sincere Devs who want this project to succeed simply for the love of the game. And i can stand behind that.

I can't promise I can contribute "full time" to the test team. I work two jobs and would still like to play in CB with UA however I can pledge to work consistently and reliably a fair amount of time during each week for the test team. It would be an honor to be selected.

Thanks - Cry
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Candi
Retired Test Team Lead
Retired Test Team Lead

Re: Cryfowl's Application

Post by Candi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks for submitting an application. If you don't mind, could you please answer the following questions. You've already answered #1, 2, and 7 :) .

1. Which team are you applying to?

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:14 pm

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player. I guess i am most experienced in the scout class. They were my first toon and i played nothing but for years - literally. I've also got a pretty detailed understanding of most of the support classes although priest is my favorite there. I've also taken upon myself to learn as much as i can about game formulas, class opwers and also enjoyed a detailed study of the proccing system. If you take the time to review all of my old forum posting you will find that a vast majority of them are about these things.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information? I would include the most obvious such as are all the micro camps properly placed, structured, populated and working. I assume i'd be instructed as to which type of reports or "forms" the test team uses and use those.

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have? Absolutely none. I am barely computer literate at all however I am intelligent and a quick study who's not afraid of asking questions. i'd be willing to learn any skills needed in the test process. i have a basic understanding of the testing commands currently built into Closed Beta.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant? Probably the fact that I am sincerely an honest player who detests corruption. I don't care about politics at all- only that this project reaches the finish line. Anything that interferes with that shouldn't be tolerated. I've seen various staff members in the past who's opinions were colored deeply by what was best for their nation/guild at the time not by what was best for the game or even right and was deeply offended by that. The project should come first.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Alyriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Alyriel » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:38 pm

We've talked once before haven't we?

Return to “Test Team Submissions”