Test team app.

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Ancillon
Snobo
Snobo

Test team app.

Post by Ancillon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:11 am

1. Which team are you applying to?

The test team.

2. Please describe you Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?

When I started playing Shadowbane, my guild and I were looking for a pvp game that was challenging and fun and we found both here.
Believe in total I played for the last 2-3 years it was running.
I cannot remember all the servers that I played on. But the ones I recall most are Mourning, Wrath and Vindication.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in then others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.

Most experience in would have to be player city management/maintenance and rune/resource hunting. Gear rolling and city building are the mechanics I know best. My best asset would have to be that I try and test every aspect of a game and learn everything I can so I can pass the information on to others.

4. You are going to test a zone. What aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?

I would see if all the microzones were in the right locations. Test the sinc between character and terrain was correct. Check for holes in the terrain that cause issue with character movement. Make sure combat sinc between character and mobs is working. Checking loot tables and respawn rates on mobs. I would report this information first by general info of the macrozone, then the different parts of each microzone.

5. How would go about defining a bug, then reporting it? How would you differentiate between ‘how it should work’ and ‘how I think it should work’ ?

By explaining step by step what happens when the bug accrues and what made it happen. I would have to rely on game experience and if needed bringing it other testers for their options about its proper functionality.

6. What sets you apart from another applicants?

Well if I can set myself apart from others applicants it would have to be, that I have an unbiased way of looking at things, which lets me see them for what they are and not for what I think they might or should be.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project weekly?

Have to say, anywhere between 20 and 50 hours a week.

Candi
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Test team app.

Post by Candi » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Thanks for applying. The team will review your application and will let you know in a week to two one way or the other.

Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Mac » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:44 am

+1

Ancillon has always displayed a calm rational demeanor and is always willing to go the extra mile. :cool:
My sig gallery / Working Mac client, tested on Mac OSX 10.6: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89741132/Shadowbane.zip
PSD file of guild symbols for crests: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 ... sFINAL.psd

Candi
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Candi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks for applying Ancillon, I sent a PM. Good luck to you.

Return to “Test Team Submissions”