Skoot Application

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Skoot Application

Post by Skoot » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:09 pm

1. Which team are you applying to?

I am currently applying to the Test team. I am very flexible, though, and would be willing to work on any team.

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?

I began playing Shadowbane around Winter 2007. I have been with a few guilds in the past but I have been an active member of Stimutax and The Red Army for a number of years. My first Server was Mourning and before the reboot I also spent a fair amount of time on Vindication and Wrath (I also briefly was on Braialla fighting CN.) After the reboot I continued playing lore on Saedron until The Red Army went to Thurin.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.

At one time, I knew everything about this game. Being out of the game for a few years, I am sure my game knowledge has regressed but I am confident that I will be able to hit the ground running and pick up where I left off if my application were to be accepted.

As for the mechanics of the game, I feel that I am confident on mine strategy, bane strategy, and the majority of the classes/races. I played Shadowbane for a long time and had the opportunity to roll numerous characters. For 1v1 PvP I was most confident on the Scout. For Mines and Banes, any spec character that was needed, Priest, or Scout.

Also, I know how zones operate and I am familiar with all types of mobs.

I believe I would be able to add a “veterans” input to the test team and help in any way needed of me.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?

I am not positive what you are looking for here but I will give it my best shot.

Aspects reviewed:
Mob camp functionality (correct mobs, mob area setup, etc…)
Loot tables
Mob spawn locations/rates
Mine functionality
Rune trainers/droppers (if applicable)

I would flush out this report to actually include content upon review of the zone.

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?

No

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?

I have a business degree from Indiana University; therefore, I believe myself to be hardworking and dedicated in addition to having a rounded knowledge of how things work and great problem solving abilities. I am willing to but in the time and effort to help get this once great game up and running.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?

I am available to give a minimum of a few hours a day.
MrZoneSix

Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Re: Skoot Application

Post by Rewen » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 pm

+1 !

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:13 pm

I saw an update recently on FB regarding positions. I have PM'd some of the mods regarding my continued interest in holding a team position. I believe I could be a great value add to the team as I am very knowledgable about this game (has been the ONLY MMO I have ever remotely enjoyed playing and I've put a lot of effort into being efficient at it.) If I could be considered again that would make me happy.

One thing I wanted to mention was when I did interview with Aly for the position awhile back I answered every question she asked me well, in my opinion. The only issue that continually arose was my guild affiliation. I wish that not to be a knock against me - it is a non-issue.
MrZoneSix

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:26 pm

+1, intelligent guy, played the game more than a day or two.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:03 pm

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Verv.

I am bumping this to see if any Admins would like to weigh in on my status.
MrZoneSix

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:54 am

I am posting again to apply for an advocacy position.

My credentials speak for themselves.
MrZoneSix

Scorpionsold
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Scorpionsold » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:56 pm

If you are posting for a Advocate position you may wanna post, here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17388 for the Advocate requirements :)
Guild Master Of Dragonscale Training & Founder & GM Of Shadowblade Assassins(SBA)/ShadowBlade Capital(SBC)

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:50 am

Because of my past actions and negative comments towards the team, even as a Roundtable member, I understand if you ignore this entirely. But, I am interested in playing SBemu again and would like a chance at a position again.

Admins - do you have any desire to vet me for a team (or any) position?
MrZoneSix

claymore1977
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by claymore1977 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:25 am

As for the Dev team, no. I've reviewed your post history, even the deleted ones. Negative attitude in a team member (any team, not just here) is a big danger and a warning sign. You seem to be a bit of a mixed bag of Pro/Con SBEmu. It's obvious to all but complete idiots that the MB devs/community members are doing their best to sabotage us at any chance they get, so significant trust must be had before entering onto a team. I don't think you're at that level of trust.

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:39 am

claymore1977 wrote:As for the Dev team, no. I've reviewed your post history, even the deleted ones. Negative attitude in a team member (any team, not just here) is a big danger and a warning sign. You seem to be a bit of a mixed bag of Pro/Con SBEmu. It's obvious to all but complete idiots that the MB devs/community members are doing their best to sabotage us at any chance they get, so significant trust must be had before entering onto a team. I don't think you're at that level of trust.
Thank you for the response Claymore,

I definetely see where you are coming from and agree on all points. While I do have some malicious posts towards the team, albiet few and far between, I feel poor for typing them. (Also when you say Dev team are you speaking for strictly that team or all encompassing teams? Because I have no game dev expierence at all and probably wouldn't be cut out for a development job, hah.)

I took a few month break from posting here after my dismissal from the RT. Since then I've had a little time to reflect on what I said. I regret it of course but I've also vowed to never make opinions like that public again.

What can I do to gain trust? I would prefer to prove my loyalty via a task of somesort (maybe testing bugs?) rather than just letting time pass for my image to improve in the eyes of the Devs.

I played on SBEmu since I got in Dec. 2011. For full disclosure I have been on MB since they wiped that server, and while it currently works better (no disrespect intended), I prefer the community over here.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

PS: I'd make a great Thief advocate.

Thanks,

Skoot
MrZoneSix

claymore1977
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by claymore1977 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:05 pm

Well, there's no way to regain trust other than to be trustworthy... which takes time to demonstrate. And that's just about it as far as I am concerned.

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:15 pm

claymore1977 wrote:Well, there's no way to regain trust other than to be trustworthy... which takes time to demonstrate. And that's just about it as far as I am concerned.
Understood. Please let me know via PM or in this thread down the line if it is felt by the Team that I am up to their standards . As an aside, I know their are people currently on the Team that would vouch for me as well.
MrZoneSix

Candi
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Candi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:53 pm

I apologize for the delayed response, but recruitment is closed at this time. Thanks for applying though.

Return to “Test Team Submissions”