Question about Regen....

discus the finer details of classes and disciplines
Nin
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Question about Regen....

Post by Nin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Does Hp pool, con, toughness actually factor in to base regen? Or is base regen simply a function of class/race or something?

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Re: Question about Regen....

Post by Amaz » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:34 am

In general terms:

HP regen / second = (( max hp * X) + Y) * (1+ regen mods)

Where X and Y depend on if you are walking/running or sitting, and mods can be from powers, traits or gear.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Nin
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Nin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:32 am

So max hp is a huge part of it then. Thanks man

Akeron
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Akeron » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:48 pm

is there a cap?

Fleetness
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Fleetness » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Yes, it is lower now, since they made most of the HR Regen skills no longer stack.

Not going to spend the time to compute it. But TaN, hood, sleeveless robe, two rings, ammy, Glad Buff, Then 150% Herb Lore/Amazon End/Crusader/Bard buff. Whatever that all adds up to is the practical limit. Can add in subrace runes to this as well.

Akeron
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Akeron » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeah... I was hoping to get a formula to see if curve was linear with a cap or curved to "soft cap" like rest of the game. I hope it is like right after it was gimped... we saw a lot of HG rangers that almost could not be taken down

Akeron
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Akeron » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:36 am

Anyone know if the complete formula is available? thanks

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:44 am

The only diminishing returns are how it affects your character negatively by pouring resources into it and not other things. You can still build a ranger that is practically invulnerable to anything lacking a regen debuff, and could in theory tank multiple characters' damage in that situation. Unfortunately for you many builds have access to either pelegorn or plague.

I made a rogue ranger in the preview before last that could tank whole camps of blue mobs quite effectively in non perfect gear. However one of the devs, I think RichV, tested a max regen character at CG recently and it failed miserably. Not godlike any longer.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Deus
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Deus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Amaz wrote:In general terms:

HP regen / second = (( max hp * X) + Y) * (1+ regen mods)

Where X and Y depend on if you are walking/running or sitting, and mods can be from powers, traits or gear.
Is there a not so general formula around?

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mantis » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:27 am

Does anyone know how the less-effective regen debuffs work? For example, if I use a -65% HR spell, does that negate 65% of ALL regen, or does it simply take someone from, say, 265% regen to 200% regen?

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Post by Amaz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:28 am

All percentage buffs and debuffs are multiplicative, so its removes 65% of all regen.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

iRFNA
Snobo
Snobo

Post by iRFNA » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:56 pm

So the combined regen mod should be considered a series of (1 + one regen mod) * (1 + one regen mod) * (1 + one regen mod) * ...

And this means if you stack 30% regen equipment, you get a geometric increase in regen? So every extra 30% to the same stat you add gives you more regen than the last?

I also didn't realize that a GM weapon attack/defense debuff (59%) and blind (50%) were that ridiculous. 29.5% atr/def left over? Yikes, no amount of % boosts can come close to countering that. And here I was thinking 35% precise stance and 40% feint could counter most of the atr debuff, but you'd still end up at 55.8%.

TrofimStahorskii
Snobo
Snobo

Question about Regen

Post by TrofimStahorskii » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:07 am

whenever I blow a kiss to one of the guards... as far as I know it should /flex... but he /bow...

is there a way to fix that?

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:38 am

iRFNA wrote:So the combined regen mod should be considered a series of (1 + one regen mod) * (1 + one regen mod) * (1 + one regen mod) * ...

And this means if you stack 30% regen equipment, you get a geometric increase in regen? So every extra 30% to the same stat you add gives you more regen than the last?

I also didn't realize that a GM weapon attack/defense debuff (59%) and blind (50%) were that ridiculous. 29.5% atr/def left over? Yikes, no amount of % boosts can come close to countering that. And here I was thinking 35% precise stance and 40% feint could counter most of the atr debuff, but you'd still end up at 55.8%.
blademaster fighter ranger =5k atr if u stack powers just right. You hit everything.

on toons that don have that...wait for the atr debuff to fade. Power block your aponent before they refresh it. Next def debuff. Then keep them locked down with a stun......if u have the right weapons. I can hit a def lock with a barb by doing this combo...so you should be able to hit any def toon that doesnt have multiple atr debuffs they are spamming...or blinds.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Return to “In-Depth Class Discussion”