Best classes for solo?

discus the finer details of classes and disciplines
Thaney
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Best classes for solo?

Post by Thaney » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:12 pm

So.. I need some advice on what are strong classes for soloing.

I know theres Thief,Scout, and stuff, but i'm looking for a non-rogue class in particular, since I usually play Rogue based.

It'll need to be something that can take down Scout/Thief/Huntress/etc... but I don't know much about other classes... preferrably Healer/Mage based... I like Neph alot =o

edit : feel free to state opinions on classes/races in general, good to have discussion.
Rewen wrote:Thaney is a genius. I don't know why he's not manager of something.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Best classes for solo?

Post by tooshifty » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Mage bards are my fav non rogue solo pk toons.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:19 pm

Templars are solid too obviously. Im a bit of a [fluffy bunnies] I guess. I like track and sneak when I solo pk...so I run mostly rogues. When I first got in to cb I was running around on a centaur prelate gorilla hitting guards groups solo. Was good times. That reminds of how badass I am at playing prelates. O.o also they are Skah! easy to play.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Make the oldschool fighter nuke sader with high def. They were always fun.

GL against roguebane though. Youll run a lot.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Post by Amaz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:54 pm

If you can live without track, a irekei wizard or fury is a lot of fun, especially for open tree action or runegate ganks. If you need to track a cent barb is solid and can put the hurt of a wide range of opponents.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

coolstream
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by coolstream » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Cent druid, run from everything you can't kill! :P
"If I don't know what I'm doing, my enemy certainly can't anticipate my future actions!"

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Thaney wrote:So.. I need some advice on what are strong classes for soloing.

I know theres Thief,Scout, and stuff, but i'm looking for a non-rogue class in particular, since I usually play Rogue based.

It'll need to be something that can take down Scout/Thief/Huntress/etc... but I don't know much about other classes... preferrably Healer/Mage based... I like Neph alot =o

edit : feel free to state opinions on classes/races in general, good to have discussion.
I know you said no rogues but have you ever tried a nukestalker ? It's a radical departure from a regular rogue. So is a DoT/nuketress. The hybrid casting rogues are a refreshing change .
A toon i just started to play and enjoy solo a whole lot is a BW elf sent. Built right it can slay a scout (or at least make em evac) in a hurry.
You're kinda bumming with Neph as they don't really excel at much. A well built Neph magelock will destroy most rogues but other races can do it better. and a hard one to learn to master is a neph mage doomy but pretty damn fun in the right hands. Neph mage assassin works well too.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:02 pm

With your playstyle id suggest a mage and the most important thing to complement you would be training stun, root, and recall. That would probably suit you best.
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Khal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Neph Mage assassin
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Rewen wrote:Art thou enraged?

Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Deathmarch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:23 am

Sentinel is actually a lot of fun. Worst-case against pretty much all rogues you can just pull a couple mobs to mana drain and then heal through the DPS. I took on a druid and a con bird scout in full kythlights in AB one time. Killed the druid and almost killed the scout, but I ran to a bad camp to drain from, aggroed the whole camp, and took too much damage.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:55 am

sentinals cannot heal through rogues with higher dps. bow scouts and Skah! yes. ua scout....no.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Deathmarch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:44 am

I said "worst-case" because a bird scout can sit at tier 4 and a sentinel will literally have no way to hit it. If you think I'm scared of any toon that has to put himself inside my range to fight, and ESPECIALLY one that's not high defense, well...I have actually one-shotted people from full with a proc before, and I think that's a good indicator of where I stand on the matter.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:31 am

When I had ua on my con scout I was smokin sentinals. Found a r7 sent with a r7 vamp scout. Killed scout then sent started to bolt with 30%hp and evacced. Love vamp scouts...they cant fly away.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Deathmarch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:20 pm

yeah and ive almost 3v1ed multiple times on my dagger thief (running oos against 2 scouts is a Skah!, no way to pot up). you beat up some scrubs, congrats, against an actual good sentinel player you'd probably lose, especially if that sent is HG.

coolstream
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by coolstream » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm not sure which class is "BEST" for solo... but when I'm making a solo toon I usually try to get as many of these factors as possible.
stealth, running, ability to hit the air, stun, PB, enough HP to survive a BS reasonably well, def cut (or ATR cut if def toon)

I like my solo toons to be a bit of a swiss army knife...

xbow nuke stalker, dot/nuke rogue huntress, basically any aracoix rogue, a good scout build... those are what I "usually" run with... but you can also have great success with fessors, templar, assassins and the like. At the end of the day it all depends on play style and skill... I know people who solo with furies and wreck faces.

way back in the day my favorite toon was my valk GA fighter barb... she could kill almost anything :3 good times...
"If I don't know what I'm doing, my enemy certainly can't anticipate my future actions!"

travisdh1
Snobo
Snobo

Post by travisdh1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Being your asking about solo, the question becomes "What are you best at playing?"

Back on 04 I started an aelf magelock, and he stayed around till Mourning shut down. Not because he was the best possibly build, but because I knew how to play him better than any other character I had.

ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by ScrappyDoo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Since you don't want to run a rogue you could try something different then what was mentioned above and go with a valk xbow warrior or valk GS barb. With the valk atr buff you could hit high atr, the xbow allows you to hit the [fluffy bunnies] aracoix scouts.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:22 am

Thief. If you are really soloing, there is nothing more fun than playing a thief.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

xilic
Snobo
Snobo

Post by xilic » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:06 am

why not go with a dwarf spear priest? you'll need a wyrmslayer disc to get spear mastery (just for the atr after you gold spear because you don't get any weapon powers.) train up toughness all the way for max health and dont forget forgemaster to both harden your armour and hone your spear!

you get a trainable stun, %heal, hot, dot (from wyrmslayer.) you won't have a track ability but being a tough little stone turd you shouldn't need it.
play to crush! - Pyn/LB

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:32 am

tooshifty wrote:Make the oldschool fighter nuke sader with high def. They were always fun.

GL against roguebane though. Youll run a lot.
A fighter nukesader isn't killing ... or catching, anything. They may win a tickle fight and they will be the last man standing, but that's about it.

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:34 am

tooshifty wrote:When I had ua on my con scout I was smokin sentinals. Found a r7 sent with a r7 vamp scout. Killed scout then sent started to bolt with 30%hp and evacced. Love vamp scouts...they cant fly away.
Yep. Super easy kill for a Con God UA Bird Scout.

JannettePr
Snobo
Snobo

Best classes for solo

Post by JannettePr » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:00 pm

What would be a better UA proc class that doesnt utilize class weaponsi.e. graces.

I was torn between rogue UA assassin or UA thief. I realize the assassin has the built in self proc with the poison and other utility that will help with the over all of the build. Then I started thinking about a rogue UA ranger for the built in damage buff for solo running. It would be a proc build but the added 50 melee dmg might help with the dps. Any suggestions on a basic build for a non-class weapon UA proccer?

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the BEST software for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!
Only TODAY: -30% DISCOUNT for XRumer!

Return to “In-Depth Class Discussion”