What build is your baby

discus the finer details of classes and disciplines
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

What build is your baby

Post by tooshifty » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:27 am

Its well known that the majority of players here claim they've played since, or before, launch.

What builds do you remember being the first to make, or usher in to servers; to a point that gameplay on that server changed?

Whats yo baby?
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

SilentX
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Re: What build is your baby

Post by SilentX » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:36 am

sword/board neph fighterock with equal stats across the board
and then human sentinal with low con and high str dex and int

both were GAMECHANGA'S
-X-

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 am

I had a nasty elf huntress; put the cat on them double dot and watch them die. It was pretty silly. Then they nerfed poison dot and pets.
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:49 am

SilentX wrote:sword/board neph fighterock with equal stats across the board
and then human sentinal with low con and high str dex and int

both were GAMECHANGA'S
i def remember being in prez during the sentinal intro. Im Farmsalot. I mained it a lot and never saw another nuke sent like him for many months. It had a lot of people confused and impressed. Lots of, "what is that?" Tells.

every other sent was a defless meat toon for ages.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:01 pm

The Dwarf Defensive Sentinel was the first thing I think I really came up with. I wasn't a very good player in some respects so I wanted something that could lay down decent area damage and was a nightmare to kill. Called it American's Revenge. Had to step int runes 5 at a time, but it was worth it. Mage and lock debuffs and buff strippers weren't around and most nations didn't even def debuff appropriately back then. At ~8k hps and ~1800 defense these things were quite the irritant for a while.

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by longblade » Tue May 19, 2015 5:17 am

1. When NightStalkers first came out, everyone called them the poor man's assassin. Then I introduced clothstalkers and the profession became popular almost overnight.
2. As advocate I got the dam/spd buff for rangers and warlocks combined into one power. I also recommended that the +150 def buff for warlock and sader stack with all others. With those changes, and the insta-cast debuffs, I created the melee magelock. I also got the warlock staff added to the game so I had both melee blademaster warlocks and melee stafflocks killing rogues, hybrids, and stealthy casters all over the open field. Once people saw them in action in the open field, melee magelocks also became popular fun builds.
3. The dagger proccing rogue barbarian was also mine. It didn't get as much attention as the other 2 because people couldn't get around the low dps, but I PK'd enough with it on live to see a few copies before the server died.
4. Last but not least, I didn't create the BM warlock, but that is what made my name. Dueled and killed so many people on that build that I got weekly challenges from everyone and their mother that wanted to test their BM dueling bones.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue May 19, 2015 3:21 pm

longblade wrote:1. When NightStalkers first came out, everyone called them the poor man's assassin. Then I introduced clothstalkers and the profession became popular almost overnight.
2. As advocate I got the dam/spd buff for rangers and warlocks combined into one power. I also recommended that the +150 def buff for warlock and sader stack with all others. With those changes, and the insta-cast debuffs, I created the melee magelock. I also got the warlock staff added to the game so I had both melee blademaster warlocks and melee stafflocks killing rogues, hybrids, and stealthy casters all over the open field. Once people saw them in action in the open field, melee magelocks also became popular fun builds.
3. The dagger proccing rogue barbarian was also mine. It didn't get as much attention as the other 2 because people couldn't get around the low dps, but I PK'd enough with9 it on live to see a few copies before the server died.
4. Last but not least, I didn't create the BM warlock, but that is what made my name. Dueled and killed so many people on that build that I got weekly challenges from everyone and their mother that wanted to test their BM dueling bones.
ive always played some kind of rogue proc barb. On live that was usually my tenshi toon and often a main. For a long time no one really ever had them, then there was an upshoot of some rogue arcoix barbs for a short while. I feel like the first 4 or 5 years of sb no one even attempted a rogje barb.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by longblade » Wed May 20, 2015 3:33 am

tooshifty wrote:
longblade wrote:1. When NightStalkers first came out, everyone called them the poor man's assassin. Then I introduced clothstalkers and the profession became popular almost overnight.
3. The dagger proccing rogue barbarian was also mine. It didn't get as much attention as the other 2 because people couldn't get around the low dps, but I PK'd enough with9 it on live to see a few copies before the server died.
ive always played some kind of rogue proc barb. On live that was usually my tenshi toon and often a main. For a long time no one really ever had them, then there was an upshoot of some rogue arcoix barbs for a short while. I feel like the first 4 or 5 years of sb no one even attempted a rogje barb.
Those were hammer throwing rogue barbs. Most used hardened hammers but some used proccs. Since daggers exceeded the spd cap, they were seen as a bad option by the number crunchers. Good to know there was another early adopter of the o-stace, con/int dagger proc rogue barb with 10k+ hp.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Wed May 20, 2015 6:17 am

I didnt go over 7-7.5k hp unraged on a single build. I didnt go under 7k either. Tbh my first build was a dagger throwing aelfborn. I quickly fell in to werebear and hammers. The coix rogues used hurlbats in majority. All of those builds aside from a recent nephilim build procced.

after rolling every rogue barb possible ive concluded that

nephilim axe no proc and human UA proc are the best variations of rogue barb garaunteed.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by longblade » Wed May 20, 2015 9:31 am

tooshifty wrote:I didnt go over 7-7.5k hp unraged on a single build. I didnt go under 7k either. Tbh my first build was a dagger throwing aelfborn. I quickly fell in to werebear and hammers. The coix rogues used hurlbats in majority. All of those builds aside from a recent nephilim build procced.

after rolling every rogue barb possible ive concluded that

nephilim axe no proc and human UA proc are the best variations of rogue barb garaunteed.
Those builds are all very different than the ones I put together. Hammers and Hurlbats use a lot more stamina than daggers. The UA build doesn't get to regen as much because they need to stay in melee range, so they fell fast to heavier hitting fighters. For my play style, throwing daggers and shout combo worked best. I consistently beat the hammer, hurlabat, and unarmed users that I ran across. Those are totally different builds.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu May 21, 2015 12:27 am

I always favored more dps over going super high hp. Rogue barbs dont have the bossest dps. The highest dps i think i can run is a nephilim barb with like...5.5k hp. Any other rogue barb race with small hp pools like that get beat up.

I think those are my new favs. Funny extra bashers for mines and banes without no invis spires. Get a good amount of surprise sneak.(the 2600atr is nice too. Fck a dexer up solid.)

Rogue Neph axe and human/aelf ua barbs can contend toe to toe with fighter barbs.

T-weapons can toe to toe if you kite and they arent ranged. Tdags are better than axes and hammers, but you have atr troubles with them in comparison. Obviously u could go double vamp procs and max hp and be a Skah! to kill...but then your a tickle-monster vs a lot of toons.

tdags are a solid 3rd for effectiveness on rogue barbs.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu May 21, 2015 12:56 am

Funny story.

Rogue Human werebear proc barbs with spears are actually very good.
-You get more use out of rage.
-4 gm weapon powers and a def cut
-makes werebear str usefull
-lots of dps
-Skah! doesnt really get away from u with the snare and run buff combo coupled with stuns

max int versions can get almost 2k def and 4k+hp if u want to be extra wierd(they are the most viable def barbs)

I have not had the opportunity to test how well a con/int version would fair against other proc barbs. It could possibly out muscle the ua or dag builds. Im just saying it has the possibility of being meta.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by longblade » Thu May 21, 2015 9:05 pm

tooshifty wrote:I always favored more dps over going super high hp. Rogue barbs dont have the bossest dps. The highest dps i think i can run is a nephilim barb with like...5.5k hp. Any other rogue barb race with small hp pools like that get beat up.

I think those are my new favs. Funny extra bashers for mines and banes without no invis spires. Get a good amount of surprise sneak.(the 2600atr is nice too. Fck a dexer up solid.)

Rogue Neph axe and human/aelf ua barbs can contend toe to toe with fighter barbs.

T-weapons can toe to toe if you kite and they arent ranged. Tdags are better than axes and hammers, but you have atr troubles with them in comparison. Obviously u could go double vamp procs and max hp and be a Skah! to kill...but then your a tickle-monster vs a lot of toons.

tdags are a solid 3rd for effectiveness on rogue barbs.
Well the thread was about our 'babies.' The o-stance con/int, dagger procc, o-stance rogue barb was one of mine (not rogue barbs in general). It was not an uber build, but one of my favorites, and definitely one that few used before me. Also, vamp proccs are not very good on the build. Mental, Holy, Unholy or Magic are the only options. Best if you have all four just in case.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 22, 2015 12:14 am

Ya double vamps dont get good dps.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

ManAgainstTime
10v10 Champion
10v10 Champion

Post by ManAgainstTime » Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 am

I was the first person to run a HG Polearm Templar on the Treachery and Vengeance servers (same one that I migrated over) named "Gerard de Ridefort," and may have been the first one in the game.

The character really had some rep on Vengeance because so many people LOL'ed at the build before getting sliced for about 800 damage and dropped. He was also a bane to high D characters obviously, and a few "good" guilds ran high D caster spec groups that he just walloped. The char could wallop a stack of (EB + GoD) high def channies or (SF) deflocks. Yes, "leet" players used these spec groups back then. Before they nerfed siege hammer damage (we're talking '03-early '04 here) I would tear down wall pieces solo while in wings and running a frenzy chant. I think that wings gave a lot more +con and +str in those days, too. I dueled a lot of gimps with this toon, and don't think I ever actually lost. On Veng, there was this warrior from the Scorn server named "Jheyyrin Marcos." He was the leader of The Venerable Brotherhood back then and supposedly never lost a duel on the Scorn server. I'm pretty sure that I made one of his female followers weep in frustration after I killed him. Months later I boned the female in question and got her booted from her house. She wasn't a Skah! either. If you got the old UBIforums archive saved, you can search "Gerard + TSB" and find a bunch of posts from supposedly "leet" players fellating the build in the Templar class forums. And so forth and so on. In short, he was pretty mythic.

I kinda sorta used similar principles with this unstoppable human warrior that I made on Mourning named "Endlosung." I used some crazy creation rune set up to get an absurd amount of con on him - I'm pretty sure I had Giant's Blood applied and used the human blood rune in-game (as in, after creation). I'd throw every buff imaginable on him, the rank 1 human boon, casted ghoul form on myself for the transformation, and occasionally ran the frenzy bot. He would get 12-13k HP or something absolutely insane and hit like a truck - I'm pretty sure he could even find weakness targets without breaking the ghoul form. This character can still make females weep. Just remind Kally that Endlosung used to shove Exodeous Mandrack into lockers and wait for the tears of denial.

The last elite unconventional character that I made within this tradition was "Freezing Moon," a human valk WB GS Barb back in the SBEMU beta. I went Barb for the rage and because glass was good on that server iteration (thus I didn't need the slash expose). You would look at the human barbarian, think "gimp," and be fatally wrong. In rage and bear form she got into the 12-13k HP range as well and hit harder than any of the aforementioned characters. Ignored passive D, had the GM d cut, and leet valk ATR. The char hit a very special deflar for over 800. This character also still makes Skah! cry. Just remind Khan that Freezing Moon chucked Shuyin into a dumpster and wait for the tears for fears.

All of my babies utilized the beast mode transformation + rage combination. All of these characters were initially laughed at by 'leet' players and then they each made Attila the Hun look like a [fluffy bunnies]. Now I need to go take a long vacation from posting. Good night, get good, goml and gomn.

ManAgainstTime
10v10 Champion
10v10 Champion

Post by ManAgainstTime » Fri May 22, 2015 2:48 am

Coolwatersx wrote:The Dwarf Defensive Sentinel was the first thing I think I really came up with. I wasn't a very good player in some respects so I wanted something that could lay down decent area damage and was a nightmare to kill. Called it American's Revenge.
Believe it or not, I actually remember you posting that build way back when. Good stuff.

Return to “In-Depth Class Discussion”