Video Game Producer -

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Gilgalad1er
Snobo
Snobo

Video Game Producer -

Post by Gilgalad1er » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello,

My name is , I am a professional video game Producer, and a Shadowbane player back in the years. I would like to offer my help on this project, as I did in the past. During Shadowbane beta, I have been helping the European team of Shadowbane (called "Swing!") develop what should have been the European world at release.

1. Which team are you applying to?

I can't say I am applying to a particular team, I have several skills, mainly management and design.

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?

I was amongst the 10 first testers of the game. I think it was in the year 2000. I organized along with Swing!, a part of the Wolfpack team and the Arena, an event concerning Shadowbane in Paris.

My nickname on the game was "Gil'Galad Felagund", I played on Mourning, Vindication, Damnation and Corruption, with a 10 years old guild called "Naerth". We"ve been part of several nations, the last in date, on the European servers, was "Legions de Sethanon", on Vindication, I think the nation was "The Black Alliance".

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.

I would say that I know most mechanics of the game, at least, most design points. I have participated in the class balance of the game, including statistics and runes. Back then, I knew most tips and tricks.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information ?

We would then have to classify the zone following several technical and design parameters.

Performances in the zone (ips, ping, along with a full dxdiag of the player's config), any noticeable performance drop depending on coordinates on the map
Interest of the zone, does it contain anything of interest for the player, what are the POI, if any ? Why would players come there ...
Art style, graphic style and atmosphere of the zone, including any graphic bug that may arise during playtest

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?

I have skills in all areas of game development. My programming skills are pretty low however, particularly as I've not used them for the past years.

I know C#, know the softwares and workflows of programming and art. I am skilled in 3D modeling, texturing and animating, so I also perfectly know the workflows there.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?

I know the game, played it for longer than most applicants most probably and had the chance to participate to its development. I am also a professional of the gaming industry, an experienced Producer/Project Manager. One reason of my passion for video games and why I made it into my everyday job is Shadowbane - probably a reason why we are working on a sandbox PvP-oriented MMOG right now, with some inspiration from Shadowbane.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?

I have two developments going right now, my days are full. But my evenings are free - about 10 hours per week I would say.

Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Re: Video Game Producer - Adrien David

Post by Rewen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:09 am

++1

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 am

+1 but would ask for some sort of proof of experience, screenshots, anything, to be private messaged to daymar once the applicant has 15 posts.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Gilgalad1er
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Gilgalad1er » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Hello,

Proofs concerning Shadowbane is going to be pretty complicated, considering the old age of the game. However, my LinkedIn profile is public and one can see Ala Diaz in my connexions, former Technical Director at Wolfpack Studio and Producer at Stray Bullet Games.

Apart from that, my experience can be read there for most of it. Some contacts and myself have however established a company and we are working on an unannounced PvP-oriented sandbox MMOG of which I can't say more yet, but I'll make sure you're amongst the first people to know ! It is not yet visible on my LinkedIn profile considering the low amount of information.

Edit :
after a small look on the internet (in French) :

http://archives.jeuxonline.info/fils/69747.html
http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualite/71 ... i-20-avril
http://sb.jeuxonline.info/?idNouvelle=45

Gilgalad1er
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Gilgalad1er » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello,

Considering there's no movement in here for some time now, I was wondering if you're awaiting anything from me ?

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:00 am

Hang in there...
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Daymar
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Video Game Producer -

Post by Daymar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Sorry for making you wait, Gilgalad1er. I didn't see your thread because it got a little buried under the Closed Beta and Test Team applications, that's why I made a new forum dev and design.

What made you interested in our project and in what ways are you interested in helping?

Gilgalad1er
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Gilgalad1er » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Hello,

It took slightly long for me to answer as I have been moving from France to Germany. I am interested mainly because of nostalgia. Shadowbane was a great game, I had huge fun there when I was young and as a skilled video games developper, I would find that interesting and nice to give a hand on putting it back on rails.

I can help several ways, I have video game development management skills - of course - but also game design skills.

Daymar
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Daymar » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 pm

How about we add you to the Design Team and see what happens from there? We have an events team in mind for testing out some simple new content ideas for the game.

Koots
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Koots » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Design could use more solid members. What became of this application?

Daymar
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Daymar » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:45 am

My last post didn't get a reply.

Return to “Design Team Submissions”