Development Team Application

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
MassOfTheSteve
Snobo
Snobo

Development Team Application

Post by MassOfTheSteve » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:15 pm

1. Which team are you applying to?
1a. Development.

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?
2a. I played at release up until I got an invite to World of Warcraft's closed beta. I wasn't around for the expansion. I'm pretty sure I was on Mourning. "Who wants a zing", was a popular phrase at the time; and one of the more potent guilds on the server I played on was Order of the Pink Pansies.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.
3a. Given my background with the game, I don't consider myself an expert on any piece of the game. However, I'm comfortable with all aspects of the game.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?
4a. I'd ask myself the following questions:

What is the purpose of the zone? Are there any similar to it near where its being planned on being implemented? Does the zone serve its intended purpose? What type of mobs do we need? How are mobs interacting with the environment? Are they pathing correctly? Can players get through all parts of the zone (are players getting stuck)? Is collision detection with the environment working properly? Are there pieces of the zone that players can exploit?

As for a report, I'd create a map of the zone and mark the coordinates of where things are going wrong. An outline of the problems woud also be included.

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?
5a: - C#/.net and Java, about three years experience in each.
- C/C++ and SQL, about one year of experience.
More importantly, I'm very comfortable with all the basic concepts listed in the, "Development Team Applicants: Read This First", post.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?
6a. My ability to communicate ideas to people. Being able to explicitly explain one's ideas in any technical field is essential to make sure everyone is on the same page as yourself. I feel I do this very well.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?
7a. Given my current situation, I can devote at least ten hours per week.

Return to “Development Team Submissions”