Dev team application - Xiathys

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Xiathys
Snobo
Snobo

Dev team application - Xiathys

Post by Xiathys » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:10 pm

1. Which team are you applying to?
Development

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?
I played over a year on Mourning with several buddies of mine. It's been such a long time that names are fuzzy, but despite my search for other games with real pvp... I just can't find any. I love Shadowbane's pvp, there's no substitue

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.
General gameplay mechanics. I had half a dozen high level characters, I town hopped and pvp'd. I participated in banes and mines. I was a true fan of the game and am familiar with how normal gameplay used to feel to a player.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?
I'm betting there is a format everyone on the team follows, but we'll pretend there isn't for a second ;). If I was going to test a zone, the report would follow the general outline of:

- A general executive summary contaning the high level results.
- Has this zone been tested before, and am I testing new updates/additions to the zone?
- If so, I would focus heavily on any changes
- A section on each major feature tested
- Mobs, Cities, Terrain, Buildings, etc.
- Any problem areas, say mobs for example, would then be drilled down into further detail
- Unusual mob AI, levels need adjustment, placement needs adjustment, etc.
- Future work, listing areas that could be revisited in the future

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?
And this is where my real application begins. I reverse code for a living, and can write solid ASM / C / python. I spend 8+ hours a day in IDA, which to anyone familiar with reverse engineering, that'll mean something to you. I have been coding for over 10 years, in various languages, though as mentioned above, assembly, C and Python are the primarby languages used currently.

If you guys need low level help, or more experienced programmers, I'd really like to help this project and get some solid pvp back. I feel I could help on the cache server and definitely any reversing that still needs to happen. Of course picking up Java again is no real issue if the game server needs the most attention. I spent roughly 5 years coding Java in college, and while I haven't used it for a while, to anyone that has programmed for a while they know that switching back to a previously used language isn't an issue.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?
I reverse and write code for a living. If you need a high quality, professional and dedicated team member, I'm your man.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?
5-10 hours a week. Probably more, but I don't want to over promise.

Thanks,
Xiathys

Xiathys
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Dev team application - Xiathys

Post by Xiathys » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:58 am

Really? A professional software engineer / reverser, MS and BS in computer science, and no response :/

Daymar
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Daymar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:41 pm

We're currently discussing developer applications. You're still interested in joining and have time, I take it?

Xiathys
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Xiathys » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:13 am

Hey Daymar, that's great news! I'm definitely interested and would be happy to talk with the dev team.

Return to “Development Team Submissions”