Development Team Submission - SmartMino

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
SmartMino
Snobo
Snobo

Development Team Submission - SmartMino

Post by SmartMino » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:45 pm

1. Which team are you applying to?

Development

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?

I played ShadowBane since its initial, buggy, SB.exe ridden launch up to about the last 6 months it was still commercially available. I cannot recall all the servers I played on (it has been a while and UBISoft kept closing some and opening new ones) but I was on War and played on the lore servers with guilds like MadMercs and Dead On Arrival.

3. Which areas of ShadowBane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a ShadowBane player.

I am by nature a foot soldier and never started or ran a guild; that said I made the required guild templates but I was always making new toons and trying out various builds like my Dex Staff Mino Warrior or Max Int Elf dual throwing dagger (double holy procced) sentinel. As such I spent a lot of time on Noob Island and the lower level spawn areas. I always went on leveling groups and was an active member, gathering loot to speed the mob respawns and splitting the gold afterward so everyone could train, instead of going AFK. My Sentinel was especially effective with a priest or two for healing while on the Oblivion Island for tearing through mid and high level spawns.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?

You would need to report on:
- Overall zone location co-ordinates
- Ideal zone player levels
- Zone type (desert, forest, icy, etc...)
- How the zone connect to its surrounding zones (land linked, island/water, etc..)
- Location of all buildings/structures/points of interest and types (trees, ruins, buildings)/layouts(village, single giant tree, woodland glade)
- Location, count, level, type of all mobs in each of the above locations
- Mobs loot levels/tables
- Mob sounds (if defaults are not automatically set for the mob)
- Area that the zone is a part of so it is properly accounted for in calcualtions like max player cities in an area
- Weather affect for this zone and it subzones
- Background music for the zone and it subzones (I love the music in the desert zones)
- All geometry overlap/collision issues (i.e. properly links to its neighboring zones)
- Icon for the zone for the world map and text info tags when clicked on.
- I assume that there is some sort of document template for this, so anything else listed on there too

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?

I graduated in 1980 and have been programming ever since. I have been programming in Java for about the past 5 years. Over this time I have moved from C to HTML/java script/ASP to JSP to Java. A lot of this was as a consultant so I worked in a lot of industries (banking, medical, etc). I can provide a copy of my resume if you need.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?

I am no expert or architect level programmer, but I am a good solid programmer who has very good problem solving and analytic abilities. My current job has me doing middleware and backend debugging/analysis, track out and find intermittent problems based on patterns in corrupted database data, and database queries on Oracle.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?

At minimum 4 hour to 10+ (my current job occasionally has me working remotely from home at night and weekends depending on customer needs.

Daymar
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Development Team Submission - SmartMino

Post by Daymar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:00 am

We're currently discussing developer applications. Are you still interested in joining and have enough free time?

SmartMino
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Development Team Submission - SmartMino

Post by SmartMino » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Yes.

Return to “Development Team Submissions”