Developer Application

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Zarkwon
Snobo
Snobo

Developer Application

Post by Zarkwon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:50 pm

This is not my first time applying for a position on the development team. Due to time constraints I had to drop the role the first time I was accepted. This was some time ago (1+ years, I believe).

I am employed as a software engineer in the game industry and I am currently working on a launch title for one of the next gen consoles. For the past two years, my tasks at work have been centered around online gameplay and features.

Some of my shipped titles include:
Fifa 12 (Wii)
Madden 13 (X360, PS3)

I can provide a more detailed resume if needed.

1. Which team are you applying to?
Developer

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?
I've played Shadowbane since 2004. I have played on Vengence, Wrath, Mourning, Test.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.
My area of expertise in SB has been rogues and city building. I know the latter is something that the developers are focusing on and I would love to help.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?
The first thing I'd do is run through the loot tables of each mob thats in the zone and ensure that all of those are sound and working correctly. Next I would ensure that all mob spawn times are correct, paying close attention to elite spawns and rune droppers. I would then check XP, gold, and damage rates for the mobs.

I would then look for any abnormalities. For example: mobs not disappearing after death, unreachable mobs, broken path finding, hidden and blocking objects, getting stuck in things, etc.

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?
I have been working as a software engineer in the game development industry for over three years. I have been programming for over 7.

C/C++
C#
HLSL/GLSL/CG
x86 ASM
HTML/CSS/Javascript
SQL
Actionscript
LUA

I am also proficient in linear algebra and trigonometry.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?
I love Shadowbane and I love making games.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?
This is a rough one for me as I've been balls deep in crunch mode since about July. My current project is wrapping up here at work and I should have my life back after this week. Currently, most of the time that I will be able to dedicate to SBEMU will be during the weekend. Probably 4 to 8 hours a week. At the end of November I will be on a month long break from work in which I will be able to dedicate quite a bit more of my time to this project. After the break, back to 4 to 8+ hours a week.

Return to “Development Team Submissions”