Im Reyes,GL of NoZergStillPain,and now I wanna apply for the Mod and think I will be qualified.
Here is the application format and thank you for your reading and I wait for your reply,many thanks.
1. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?
Im a chinese player who played shadowbane for nearly 10 years when I was 22 in college.
I should say that I have played all servers,here is the details:
Time serv phase
2002-2003 7F-skyman co. CB-OB
2004-2004 Ser1/2-korean CB
2005-2005 Asian-UBI co. CB
2005-2006 M/R-UBI co. OB
2009-2009 CNMJ-HT co. CB-OB
2012.MAY EMU org OB
2013.MAY EMU org CB
2. What is your age?
32 years old
3. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project? What times of the day are you on the forums?
although I have some works at daytime,but I can still log-in the forum and handle with the issues, and Im free at night.
4. Have you moderated any other communities in the past?
Im the MOD of sparta's forum for 1 year @2002-2003
Noted: Sparta is a chinese guild which was founded in 2002
5. What makes you better-suited for a mod position than other applicants?
I think u can see my history of shadowbane, I'm well know at this game.
I come from china,and my English is not bad but not good as the native,I can communicate with both side.I know Chinese players much better and I think EMU need a Chinese Mod for handling with some Chinese issues as well.
And I have the experience of Mod,so I think all those make me better-suited for a mod position.
6. Please describe how you would handle the following scenarios if you were a moderator:
- a. A forum poster makes a thread in General Discussion to poke fun at a guild that recently lost a bane on Closed Beta.
I will check this thread words by words,if it involve Personal Attacks/Hate Speech/Breach of Privacy, I will tell him:
Making threats or hateful comments of a real-world nature against other posters in any of the forums is strictly prohibited. Role-played and in-character conversations of an in-game nature, or based in part on the storyline or lore of Shadowbane is allowed as long as it fits with the topic discussed. The Community Representatives will be the final arbiters on what is role-play and what is not. If you are not sure, ask before you post, or tone down your post or reply. This section also applies to Private Messages. If a user asks you to stop contacting him or her, you must do so. You may not ask a Community Representative or Administrator to stop contacting you. Sending a Community Representative or SBEmu Staff Member a Private Message that violates these Forum Rules is cause for disciplinary action.
- b. A player who was recently banned makes a post in the Closed Beta Arena saying he or she thinks the ban was not warranted.
I will tell him that and move this post to Administrative Review Requests Forum:
Please use the Administrative Review Requests Forum if you need to challenge or ask a question about a Community Representative or SBEmu Staff action in the forums. Posts or Threads of this regard will be moved to the Administrative Review Requests Forum.
- c. A closed beta participant makes a post in General Discussion expressing that he doesn't feel the project is moving as quick as it could, going as far as to say that people are "wasting their time" posting on the boards.
I will tell him that:
Please pay a attention to our Announcements section.You will know how much work we have done on last state. Absolutely, we wanna move as quick as we want but we wanna provide you a whole new Shadowbane. All works on this project to be done is good for the players who love this game,We will test and fix the problems we meet, step by step,that's on our schedule. So I hope for your understanding and patience.
- d. A new user posts pornography as their first post.
I will delete this image and warn him that:
You may not link to, post images of, or arrange for the exchange or transfer of any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, harassing, defamatory, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content that is not safe for a work environment in the Public Forums. This is a serious offense and may result in the immediate and permanent deletion of your forums and game account.
- e. One of your guild mates has a signature that is larger than is allowed by the code of conduct.
I will tell him that:
You should not have more than one image in your signature that exceeds 500 pixels (wide) by 200 pixels (tall) and 300 KB in size. If you have multiple images, they must not exceed these total dimensions.We have implemented these limits to help insure that the forums loading times stay optimal for our users.