Why were rogue druids removed?

NinetyL
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by NinetyL » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Was there any balance issue with rogue druids that got them removed from the game? I'm just curious, since it happened waaay before I started playing. :lol:

BoneBender
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:13 am
Location: Niagara Falls, NY

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by BoneBender » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:46 pm

I can't speak for beta but there were certainly no rogue druids at launch...

Mage druids would be cool as shit tho... OP but cool as shit.
Jim Reifinger wrote:If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, its all because your tactics suck.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Moco » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:19 pm

as much as I love druids ... I never got a real answer to why :(.. reaps may or may not know
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Reaper989
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Reaper989 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:35 pm

1.) They were better than rangers, hands down, at least during that time.
2.) Haters gonna hate.
3.) Still didn't get MFing medium armor... you motherfuckers!

Not to mention before alot of buffs druid used to be quite powerful, now they are more-so of a solid healer while still slackassing outside of kitesauce. Which tbh, I can do on my channeler just as easily + stealth but with crapy O stance. Only advantage? Group friendly AoEs, thus anything past 1 group and anyone going into range of it ruins that benefit.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Moco » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Hunty/bard/lock buffed with gm EQ from stealth caused some hurt I wish my hdd never crashed I had some epic vids of that :(
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

coolstream
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:50 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by coolstream » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:45 pm

man... rogue druids... it's like a huntress with AOE nukes :P and a heal
Image
"If I don't know what I'm doing, my enemy certainly can't anticipate my future actions!"

Kada
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Kada » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:04 am

The multiple Wereforms were interesting as well.
Image

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Deathmarch » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:05 am

Kada wrote:The multiple Wereforms were interesting as well.
Wait, now I'm intrigued.

NinetyL
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by NinetyL » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:05 am

Damn, now I want to try a rogue druid :(

Reaper989
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Reaper989 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:09 am

Well tbh it is still able to be made, just not by normal methods. Ben used to toy with class mixing, I remember he had an irekei rogue confessor lol

coolstream
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:50 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by coolstream » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:41 pm

can you make a werebear/ranger/rat ranger?

transformer! :lol:
Image
"If I don't know what I'm doing, my enemy certainly can't anticipate my future actions!"

Jambi
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:19 am
Location: In Missouri Somewhere
Contact:

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Jambi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:46 pm

NinetyL wrote:Damn, now I want to try a rogue druid :(
I hear ya, I would love to try a Rogue Druid..
Image

Reaper989
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Reaper989 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:22 pm

coolstream wrote:can you make a werebear/ranger/rat ranger?

transformer! :lol:
If I am not mistaken you could also take huntsmen and a wereform for quite awhile.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Moco » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:19 am

Reaper989 wrote:
coolstream wrote:can you make a werebear/ranger/rat ranger?

transformer! :lol:
If I am not mistaken you could also take huntsmen and a wereform for quite awhile.
you couldback then & wayyyy back in that time Confessors had track!
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Reaper989
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Reaper989 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:23 am

Moco wrote:
Reaper989 wrote:
coolstream wrote:can you make a werebear/ranger/rat ranger?

transformer! :lol:
If I am not mistaken you could also take huntsmen and a wereform for quite awhile.
you couldback then & wayyyy back in that time Confessors had track!
I missed my rogue druid tho... granted my buddy owned it but I loved the hell out of it lol

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 4053
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Anti-Scout Advocate

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Vervandi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:47 pm

It really wasn't that great. Definitely not "better" than a ranger, even at the time. The reason they got taken out was because they were getting shifted to primarily an AOE class. And as you can imagine, AOE + Stealth = everyone playing one. At the time, the AOEs hurt everyone except the caster, so you couldn't really sneak a group of Druids in and AOE everyone.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Skippy
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:04 am
Location: Phoenix, Az

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Skippy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:35 am

Vervandi wrote:It really wasn't that great. Definitely not "better" than a ranger, even at the time. The reason they got taken out was because they were getting shifted to primarily an AOE class. And as you can imagine, AOE + Stealth = everyone playing one. At the time, the AOEs hurt everyone except the caster, so you couldn't really sneak a group of Druids in and AOE everyone.
now its all about the telequake lol
Image

Reaper989
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Reaper989 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Vervandi wrote:It really wasn't that great. Definitely not "better" than a ranger, even at the time. The reason they got taken out was because they were getting shifted to primarily an AOE class. And as you can imagine, AOE + Stealth = everyone playing one. At the time, the AOEs hurt everyone except the caster, so you couldn't really sneak a group of Druids in and AOE everyone.
Says you :D

Only bitches are scared of AoE'ing allies, note why to this day my druid is in the meat group. Why? because I will nuke the fucking balls out of someone without proper resists, like a boss. But then again... I don't know why anyone would have less then 70% resist to lightning during a bane, EVER. Well then again, I heal who I hit if I can. But it's sad checking the kill-spam and seeing I KS'ed 70% of the enemy force and 30% of our's.

Ajax
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Ajax » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Stealth EQ was why. Removed in beta, same patch as the feathers removal.

Reaper989
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Reaper989 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:38 am

Ajax wrote:Stealth EQ was why. Removed in beta, same patch as the feathers removal.
No power damage on EQ is basicly like using a sent small-bomb but I understand why they removed it, at that time, but they wouldn't do much tbh in today's SB. They would smack a castress sideways with their spells, but lack of a decent weapon = failsauce.

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 4053
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Anti-Scout Advocate

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Vervandi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Reaper989 wrote:
Vervandi wrote:It really wasn't that great. Definitely not "better" than a ranger, even at the time. The reason they got taken out was because they were getting shifted to primarily an AOE class. And as you can imagine, AOE + Stealth = everyone playing one. At the time, the AOEs hurt everyone except the caster, so you couldn't really sneak a group of Druids in and AOE everyone.
Says you :D

Only bitches are scared of AoE'ing allies, note why to this day my druid is in the meat group. Why? because I will nuke the f*** balls out of someone without proper resists, like a boss. But then again... I don't know why anyone would have less then 70% resist to lightning during a bane, EVER. Well then again, I heal who I hit if I can. But it's sad checking the kill-spam and seeing I KS'ed 70% of the enemy force and 30% of our's.
I disagree. Only bitches claim to make 2k defense offensive stance druids.

Good day to you.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Pollarixie
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Pollarixie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:11 pm

I Lol'd.

ungolf
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 am
Location: USA

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by ungolf » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:53 am

What rogue druid. I have played Shadowbane from day 1 never heard of rogue druid.

dbltnk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by dbltnk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 pm

There were quite a few days before "day 1". =D

Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Posts: 1172
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Khal » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:42 pm

I would like to see these re-added
Image
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Rewen wrote:Art thou enraged?

BoneBender
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:13 am
Location: Niagara Falls, NY

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by BoneBender » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 am

ungolf wrote:What rogue druid. I have played Shadowbane from day 1 never heard of rogue druid.
I can only speak from 'day 1' on but I never seen 'em neither.
Jim Reifinger wrote:If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, its all because your tactics suck.

Reaper989
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Reaper989 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:22 am

BoneBender wrote:
ungolf wrote:What rogue druid. I have played Shadowbane from day 1 never heard of rogue druid.
I can only speak from 'day 1' on but I never seen 'em neither.
Was before release, can't remember entirely when they were removed. But they were quite fun.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 2554
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by tooshifty » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:48 am

i doubt a rogue druid could run 2k offensive stance. W/ a sheild prolly. It would be anoying getting aoe smashed out of nowhere. But doin it would be fun. They would be too overpowered now that the druid dmg buff was added though. Wouldnt u think? Especially since they have class swords and could style cast regrowth.
Image
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Moco » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:54 pm

tooshifty wrote: could style cast regrowth.
er no


rogue druid had no restoration
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 4053
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Anti-Scout Advocate

Re: Why were rogue druids removed?

Post by Vervandi » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Moco wrote:
tooshifty wrote: could style cast regrowth.
er no


rogue druid had no restoration

I'm guessing he meant something other than regrowth.

Nowadays it may not be nearly as degenerate because as Reaper pointed out, people actually have resists.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Post Reply

Return to “Healer”