Prelates!

Etalbyn
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Prelates!

Post by Etalbyn » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Yea, as you pointed out most prelate builds r pretty tight on points, or at least enough so that they don't have 80+ trains laying around to dump into toughness... and although it's a point of debate, while I would rank dwarves as the "best" prelates in the widest array of situations, centaurs are indeed a close second IMO. Except Proto. He's over-rated... :D
Prelate Advocate from 5/8/08 to 7/1/09

R.I.P. (until SBEMU Launch, when you shall be reborn!):

Etalbyn Hammerfist - Dwarf Prelate
Harkon the Immortal - Dwarf Warrior
Leetzor Uberson - Half-Giant Barbarian

Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Reaper989 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:55 am

Etalbyn wrote:Yea, as you pointed out most prelate builds r pretty tight on points, or at least enough so that they don't have 80+ trains laying around to dump into toughness... and although it's a point of debate, while I would rank dwarves as the "best" prelates in the widest array of situations, centaurs are indeed a close second IMO. Except Proto. He's over-rated... :D
True, however, I still can get a solid 1k extra HP while GMing everything, except I know my lit isn't golded out. (Yes, even the int/spr debuff)

chrisuf
Snobo
Snobo

Post by chrisuf » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:37 am

i loved my dwarf prelate though i was thinking of making a aelf one day. (snare break is sexy.)
i never played cent much.

dwarf toughness+resists were to good to miss at banes though.
for toughness i didn't have much points to put into it. so i don't know how much it hurts to take it away anyway. (well everything that was left over. never golded lit. just went till i had to pay 3 points for 1 point lit. after that the returns weren't worth it.) but i had to train other stuff. (also didn't go for the dispell stun as i had a comp that didn't run well in large groups. so i went sanctifier for a second % heal with was really nice on a dwarf.)

Protonix
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Protonix » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Etalbyn wrote:Yea, as you pointed out most prelate builds r pretty tight on points, or at least enough so that they don't have 80+ trains laying around to dump into toughness... and although it's a point of debate, while I would rank dwarves as the "best" prelates in the widest array of situations, centaurs are indeed a close second IMO. Except Proto. He's over-rated... :D
puhlease.

ISH 5-1

Ajax
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Ajax » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Ya right, proto doesn't heal... what nonsense

LoginServerDown
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by LoginServerDown » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Ajax wrote:Ya right, proto doesn't heal... what nonsense
Saw a prelate thread by proto, came to make a no heal comment. Ajax beat me to it.

but serously proto, at least train bm. pls.

Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Mac » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Hatrakk wrote:I had a CentLate once..named SexehBeast...Got alot of hate while playing that toon..tells me musta been okish..Though my first good prelate was a dorf named Kronyk..that toon started Holrom on his dorf kik...For banes I liked my dorf...for mines an open field i preferred my cent...
LOL, I remember dying a few times to you on SexehBeast. That toon was tough to fight :(
My sig gallery / Working Mac client, tested on Mac OSX 10.6: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89741132/Shadowbane.zip
PSD file of guild symbols for crests: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 ... sFINAL.psd

Gronth
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Gronth » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:26 am

Dwarf > *

Dwarf Holy group would house a centaur group. No one denies this. Everyone accepts this.

kyntyn
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by kyntyn » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Mac wrote:
Hatrakk wrote:I had a CentLate once..named SexehBeast...Got alot of hate while playing that toon..tells me musta been okish..Though my first good prelate was a dorf named Kronyk..that toon started Holrom on his dorf kik...For banes I liked my dorf...for mines an open field i preferred my cent...
LOL, I remember dying a few times to you on SexehBeast. That toon was tough to fight :(
With that statement you have just proven how unskilled you really are.
" the truth is out and eventually this will all die out."- Peekachew discussing the fact on how -x- cheating will eventually not be discussed.

Protonix
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Protonix » Fri May 18, 2012 4:41 pm

LoginServerDown wrote:
Ajax wrote:Ya right, proto doesn't heal... what nonsense
Saw a prelate thread by proto, came to make a no heal comment. Ajax beat me to it.

but serously proto, at least train bm. pls.
ewww who trains BM past 20? Shame on you sir

ISH 5-1

Protonix
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Protonix » Fri May 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Gronth wrote:Dwarf > *

Dwarf Holy group would house a centaur group. No one denies this. Everyone accepts this.
Unless it was a centaur group made up entirely of me.

ISH 5-1

kayethanx
Snobo
Snobo

Post by kayethanx » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Protonix wrote:

Skah! Human prelates are the best...I think we all know as much!

Protonix
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Protonix » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

kayethanx wrote:
Protonix wrote:

Lol what's up Kaye, nice avatar

ISH 5-1

kayethanx
Snobo
Snobo

Post by kayethanx » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:13 am

Whats good Proto. And thanks, I figured a little nostalgia couldn't hurt.

Gustafvis
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Gustafvis » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:54 pm

kayethanx wrote:
Protonix wrote:

Yea so many more int and points for resto with the OP heal Touch of Saint Wend its well worth the hit to hp.

Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Braxis » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:34 am

8 prelates, 1 sack sader, and 1 heal priest. Best spec group I've ever been with hands down. We ran it in CR and it crushed even with our 1 group against 2 or sometimes 3. Was perfect for multi nation mine fights.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:15 am

Nef wrote:
Morduskull wrote:
Nef wrote:Pretty boring toon to be honest but does the job in any spec grp. Just mashing nuke, nuke, heal, repeat...
You forgot stun breaking and stunning.
I guess, can't deny that but thats primarily the Bard's and Priest's job though yes they can do that as well. Still a boring toon.
i luv stun prelates, they do it just as good.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:20 am

Braxis wrote:8 prelates, 1 sack sader, and 1 heal priest. Best spec group I've ever been with hands down. We ran it in CR and it crushed even with our 1 group against 2 or sometimes 3. Was perfect for multi nation mine fights.
I remember on prez they would do stuff like that, sometimes i was the only non horse in the group. same deal with them too, i remember taking out several groups with one. I specifically remember one time on chaos with my mino doomy throwing down 3 groups, one ran away from us after the first two went down though.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Etalbyn
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Etalbyn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Braxis wrote:8 prelates, 1 sack sader, and 1 heal priest. Best spec group I've ever been with hands down. We ran it in CR and it crushed even with our 1 group against 2 or sometimes 3. Was perfect for multi nation mine fights.
I'm surprised, no sent for that group Brax? I mean I've always been a big fan of the holy group, it has just been my experience that holy groups are one of easiest spec groups to negate by hardcore stockpiling holy resist, but at least with a sentinel you can somewhat counteract this enough to still be a viable force, but without a sentinel I would imagine you'd be hitting the enemy for peanuts. Lol then again, who were you fighting, CN or something? =P

Kenos
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Kenos » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Holy groups don't work in beta, you can buy 125 holy resist in about 3 seconds. At least on live you have to have the Skah! rolled before hand.
-Kenos//Minotaurus//Templar//Celebria-

Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Braxis » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 pm

Etalbyn wrote:
I'm surprised, no sent for that group Brax? I mean I've always been a big fan of the holy group, it has just been my experience that holy groups are one of easiest spec groups to negate by hardcore stockpiling holy resist, but at least with a sentinel you can somewhat counteract this enough to still be a viable force, but without a sentinel I would imagine you'd be hitting the enemy for peanuts. Lol then again, who were you fighting, CN or something? =P
Nah man, that's just gonna make it 1 less person in the group after they run in and get focus fired. We stacked up nice and tight and no one left the group. The sader was pretty much only for saccing whoever got focused, and the rest aoe'd the crap out of anyone dumb enough to stick around.

And stacking resists only happens at banes, so we only took it to mines lol.

Etalbyn
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Etalbyn » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Braxis wrote:
Etalbyn wrote:
Nah man, that's just gonna make it 1 less person in the group after they run in and get focus fired. We stacked up nice and tight and no one left the group. The sader was pretty much only for saccing whoever got focused, and the rest aoe'd the crap out of anyone dumb enough to stick around.

And stacking resists only happens at banes, so we only took it to mines lol.
Lmao ah I see, yea I missed the little tid bit at the end about it being at mine fights... :D Haha so yea, I can totally see how that would own then and not need a sent.

dreaminshadow
Snobo
Snobo

Post by dreaminshadow » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:03 pm

I love as prelates an so on

budongb
Snobo
Snobo

Post by budongb » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:33 am

Pretty boring toon to be honest but does the job in any spec grp.

Return to “Healer”