Post Your Crusader Templates Here

Omnius
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post Your Crusader Templates Here

Post by Omnius » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Please post your crusader templates here.

Omnius
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Re: Post Your Crusader Templates Here

Post by Omnius » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:21 pm

http://web.archive.org/web/200804112047 ... o=&fpart=1 - Ronnie Coleman, the HG Fighter Sader. - The Real Sabotage

Omnius
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Omnius » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Omnicru, the Centaur Healer Sader.

Let me preface this by saying, this is an old template. It's pre-sader love. The thread I rescued this from contained nearly a dozen changes you could make to have the template fit your needs best. It's a shame that was all lost, we had some great discussion in that thread about the class as a whole. However, for posterity, here is OmniCru.

Oh, and I plan on producing an updated template for this when I can play beta or a preview.

This is among wrath's most infamous toons for the past year. I've had so many requests for my build, I figure I'll spill my guts on it.

With the speed changes coming to centaurs, I feel this toon will again be among the more viable sader builds. This toon is very multi purpose but its focused primarily on rolling active and exploit xp groups. It's pretty fun at open trees, mine fights and has seen bane action as well.

Centaur
Healer
Crusader

The starting runes are: Brilliant mind and Wizards Apprentice
In Game: Get a godly int. I don't recall if I needed to take a small int rune to get to this point but it the 40 int is required in my opinion.
You will also want to put on a con rune. I applied a 20 con rune. I felt the extra hp it brought was worth it.
Put any remaining points into spirit.

The Disc runes I chose were standard at the time for this style of build but by no means the only way to go.
Huntsman- for track and 20 points in Skin the beast to dispel wereforms(out rolling groups you often see FoTM shade wererats and aelfborn warrior chuckers.
Runecaster-Beorc rune(20 points) for the resistances it grants(high resists are an absolute must on this build).
Commander or Sanctifier-Commander if you wish to command trebs, or sanct if you want to remove deathshroud or heal buildings. Since the run buff was removed from commander, neither is required. Group stun remove is all I use commander for these days.

Skills-
100% Sword
136% Block
100% Heavy Armor
69% Benediction(summon is good, 1 man can't always beat 10 but summon can quickly change the odds in your favor)
Gold Liturgy
115% Restoration

GM-Blessed Mending
GM-Blessing of The Healing Hands
GM-Prayer of Mending(group heal, because if you don't help your buddies, you will lose)
GM-Censure
1 pt-Shield Bash
20 pts-Beorc Rune
20 pts-Skin the Beast

Gear-This build is gear reliant, if you can't get the best you won't be the best.

Charmed of Liturgy Amulet(12 int works just as well as liturgy and might suit you better for your healing)
4/4/45 Heavy Armor
Runed Hood of the Mastermind
Stormborn 95% shield of the Blessedness(35 lightning/15 unholy) [Note: Mental resist would help more than unholy]
35 Fire resist/10 lit(or 12 int) ring
35 Holy resist/10 lit(or 12 int) ring
Peerless Holy Blade of Mentalist(oblivion is just as good).

Your final resists will be(with beorc rune on). [Note: If you have a Harden bot for your armor, you will be as leet as me]
50.6 slashing
50.5 Crushing
54.1 Piercing

75% Lightning(druids and channys and furies won't like fighting you)
75% Fire (watch as templars, fessors and furies fall over dead)
45% Cold(If you have a centaur shrine you can boost this to 60% like I do)
35% Holy(no build is complete without holy resist these days)
10% Unholy(I honestly would have prefered mental but I didn't have a smith to do it and centaurs are apparently weaker to unholy naturally)

Ideally you can beat most stand alone toons. Fully buffed includes double boons, and damage shield from a druid with a buff pot.

You WILL lose to warlocks, but almost all other stand alone builds can be beaten pretty easily. Out in the field your most common opponents are druids, wererats, templars, many fessors, thieves, scouts and rangers.

Your resistances will guarentee you can beat most casters. You are granted an amazing poison remove spell St. Alaric's Aid. Fury poison, druid poison, fessor poison, Backstab poison are never problematic.

When fighting rogues, hit shield block and style cast if they're very high def. Censure and Darius' fist are your attack powers and you will learn to love them as you beat down those who you find.

On wrath this build is among the top 3 for killing CN/KR pl and mine groups due to the fact it is focused on covering all their most common spec damage types.

Fighting fighter based toons relies on your ability to keep on healing and fighting. Keep the fight moving if they can't snare you, and just let the combination of darius' fist and your heals wittle away at them until you've got a significant hp advantage over your opponent. I like to be in combat stance because i frequently proc from the sword and the extra damage it deals is great(you'll proc for 800s).

It's simply put, a very well balanced toon, aimed at surviving impossible odds by itself, while maintaining the ability to bring in help, hunt down foes, and handle odd situations.

Plus, it's not your common support sader so it adds some spice to an often under appreciated class.
Last edited by Omnius on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VorgrimScout
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by VorgrimScout » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Why are you posting outdated templates?

Adron
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Adron » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:55 am

4/4/45 armor is no more, right? now resist armor sets go 5/5 i think. 95% shields are gone, they're 100% now. stylecasting was eliminated 750000 years ago. you're a caster who'll get stunned a lot, a fast horsie who'll get rooted and end up stationary, and a resist whore who's ridiculously vulnerable to other resist whores. FYI a fury will take your 75% ltng to -25% in 3 seconds, stun you, and carve you up like a steak. They also don't do fire dmg unless they've debuffed you down to a stub and are toying with you. Plz take a screenshot of those many druids, fessors, and rangers you run into. Backstabs will still rob you of all your mana regen, since poison dispel doesn't remove the mana regen debuff.
That all sounds kinda mean, but i'm genuinely trying to be helpful. templates that have to scream for help from their priests/bards every 1.5 seconds make the baby jeebus cry.

Omnius
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Omnius » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:59 am

Adron wrote:4/4/45 armor is no more, right? now resist armor sets go 5/5 i think. 95% shields are gone, they're 100% now. stylecasting was eliminated 750000 years ago. you're a caster who'll get stunned a lot, a fast horsie who'll get rooted and end up stationary, and a resist whore who's ridiculously vulnerable to other resist whores. FYI a fury will take your 75% ltng to -25% in 3 seconds, stun you, and carve you up like a steak. They also don't do fire dmg unless they've debuffed you down to a stub and are toying with you. Plz take a screenshot of those many druids, fessors, and rangers you run into. Backstabs will still rob you of all your mana regen, since poison dispel doesn't remove the mana regen debuff.
That all sounds kinda mean, but i'm genuinely trying to be helpful. templates that have to scream for help from their priests/bards every 1.5 seconds make the baby jeebus cry.
This is a very well known template from '07. As for getting stunned, self stun always worked to maintain stun immunity.

Omnius
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Omnius » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:20 am

Adron wrote:4/4/45 armor is no more, right? now resist armor sets go 5/5 i think. 95% shields are gone, they're 100% now. stylecasting was eliminated 750000 years ago. you're a caster who'll get stunned a lot, a fast horsie who'll get rooted and end up stationary, and a resist whore who's ridiculously vulnerable to other resist whores. FYI a fury will take your 75% ltng to -25% in 3 seconds, stun you, and carve you up like a steak. They also don't do fire dmg unless they've debuffed you down to a stub and are toying with you. Plz take a screenshot of those many druids, fessors, and rangers you run into. Backstabs will still rob you of all your mana regen, since poison dispel doesn't remove the mana regen debuff.
When was that changed?

Adron
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Adron » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:13 pm

the self-stun from shield bash has duration based on trains..and you went with 1 --> 2 sec stun, 6 sec immunity. 15 stamina every time you renew...ouchie.

all of those changes occurred quite some time ago, stylecasting in particular has been gone for at least half of the game life. resist enchantments on armor were revamped far more recently than that, beginning of 2009?

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... ch_History

yeah, 24 is enchantment revamp.

Omnius
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Omnius » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Adron wrote:the self-stun from shield bash has duration based on trains..and you went with 1 --> 2 sec stun, 6 sec immunity. 15 stamina every time you renew...ouchie.

all of those changes occurred quite some time ago, stylecasting in particular has been gone for at least half of the game life. resist enchantments on armor were revamped far more recently than that, beginning of 2009?

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... ch_History

yeah, 24 is enchantment revamp.
Yeah, if I could show the whole old thread from this build, I would. There were nearly a dozen alterations made for different play circumstances. Including a more group friendly variant, a more solo variant, etc.

Style casting was only gone for like the last year.

AnzorAnak
Snobo
Snobo

Post by AnzorAnak » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Removing style casting was the worst thing to happen to shadowbane since /tar got the boot.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Removal of tar was the best change they ever made. Defense is a Skah! mechanic in general, it's either godly or useless depending on the situation. It would have been better if they had stuck with resists and passives, and tweaked their effectiveness accordingly.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Dadoomsong
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Dadoomsong » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:25 am

Adron wrote:FYI a fury will take your 75% ltng to -25% in 3 seconds, stun you, and carve you up like a steak. They also don't do fire dmg unless they've debuffed you down to a stub and are toying with you.
this made me lol :lol:

Who says Carebears aren't tough? That much love and happiness would kill a normal person.

CapnSkillet
Snobo
Snobo

Post by CapnSkillet » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Hey Omni I played your template back when you first made it and had a great time with it. I'm thinking about trying it again if I can get into closed beta. Would you have any particular suggestions to make it more up to date?

Omnius
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Omnius » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:08 pm

CapnSkillet wrote:Hey Omni I played your template back when you first made it and had a great time with it. I'm thinking about trying it again if I can get into closed beta. Would you have any particular suggestions to make it more up to date?
I would certainly change the resists around to reflect the prevalence of glass weapons being used in game. ie: more bleed and more poison.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:26 pm

i really hope they keep style casting come live.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

TGreg1066
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by TGreg1066 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:30 am

tooshifty wrote:i really hope they keep style casting come live.
Keep??

It's not in the game now... And to my knowledge they are trying to reproduce the game as accurately as possible. Style casting was removed well before the game went offline and remained so until it's last day. I would expect that to not change.
Common Character names: Traxbro, Treylix, Marlborax, Droody McDrood.

Jay147
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Jay147 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Dwarf-Healer-Crusader

Starting traits: Clever, Lucky, Wizards Apprentice
Ingame:30con, stack to a 40 int

Stats: 125 int, 165 con,51 str ,30 dex, 35 spr

Skills:
Sword 100%
Block 128%
HA 145%
Benediction 69%
Liturgy 142%
Sword Mastery 31%
Toughness left over points

Powers:Blessed Mending(40),Blessing of the Healing Hands(40),Holy Mantle(40),Shield Bash(20)[I trained to 20 because the stun could keep someone still long enough to get my AoE off.]Censure(40), Sacrifice(40)

Gear:+9def/+45 hp HA
+9def/+12dex gloves
+9def/WL boots
24int Jewelry
+165 atr holyblade of truth or oblivion

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/ ... _34_28.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/ ... _34_15.jpg

dekon777
Snobo
Snobo

Post by dekon777 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Hey kind of new to SB but I love the HG Crusader build. Can anyone tell me what percentages I need in my skills? (toughness, hammer, hammer mastery, etc.) It would be a great help!

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:46 pm

TGreg1066 wrote:
tooshifty wrote:i really hope they keep style casting come live.
Keep??

It's not in the game now... And to my knowledge they are trying to reproduce the game as accurately as possible. Style casting was removed well before the game went offline and remained so until it's last day. I would expect that to not change.
ya i doubt it will change too. the game is more balanced without it...its just....i like rarely played def toons...acutally i had 1 def toon and 40 non def toons when i made that post. now 2 of my fav toons stand around 2k and 2.2k def. so i dare not pray for stylecasting now
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Return to “Healer”