Post by BeanCurd » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:06 pm

Can they wear MA? cant recall.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Rogue Huntress

Post by Moco » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:14 pm

they can :)
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

BeanCurd
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by BeanCurd » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Moco wrote:they can :)
Thanks bro :)

coolstream
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by coolstream » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:20 pm

FatBoy wrote:
BeanCurd wrote:Can they wear MA? cant recall.
yes, but the dex penalty is alot worse for MA, unless you go elf and wearthe racial armor in which case your good to go.

that is if you went dex based which i assume you would if you went rogue.
aelf can also use the elf MA, frog suit ftw!
"If I don't know what I'm doing, my enemy certainly can't anticipate my future actions!"

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:22 pm

coolstream wrote:aelf can also use the elf MA, frog suit ftw!
what this man said about teh suit
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:49 am

According to one of the testers findings the actual dex penalty of class MA (hunty for instance) is really not that much worse than the Elf stuff, so don't feel you have to go elf/aelf for that necessarily. This must have been a change when they redid all the armour.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:33 am

Ajushi wrote:According to one of the testers findings the actual dex penalty of class MA (hunty for instance) is really not that much worse than the Elf stuff, so don't feel you have to go elf/aelf for that necessarily. This must have been a change when they redid all the armour.
No, the change made was actually to the elven armor. Originally SBG forgot that the dex penalty was even supposed to be different, so elven MA gave literally no advantage over any other armor sets, then when everyone threw a shit fit over it they made a slight change, but it still wasn't as good as originally, IIRC.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:46 am

My point stands. There isn't enough of a difference to base a build around it.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Yes, you are correct. But people think there should be.

Grump
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Grump » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:36 am

The advantage is stylebane.

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Beula » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:24 am

Don't recall if the elven MA has any baked in stats or not but huntress has + 1 dex + 1 WoTG. on a nuking build I think I'd take the Huntress even if the elven MA had a lower dex penalty.

That is if your doing a nuking build.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Beula wrote:Don't recall if the elven MA has any baked in stats or not but huntress has + 1 dex + 1 WoTG. on a nuking build I think I'd take the Huntress even if the elven MA had a lower dex penalty.

That is if your doing a nuking build.
elven has dex baked in. and the wotg baked in wont make or break your atr.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Assuming you're using the class spear/bow (and really why wouldn't you, unless you're going glass), that extra 6 WoTG adds 18 atr in normal stance, and probably about 24 in precise. Every little bit counts (words from the wise), because you get a little bit here, a few points there, and all of a sudden your build has an extra 200 atr that wasn't there before.

coolstream
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by coolstream » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:08 pm

I have mixed opinions on the variable dex penalties for various class/disc based items... if it's a racial thing i think it's more balanced as sort of a "racial perk"

I also hate the baked in stats.

elf/BW HA
Cent MA
Normal MA
Ranger/huntress
elf/aelf
LA

in that order of dex penalties
"If I don't know what I'm doing, my enemy certainly can't anticipate my future actions!"

Jambi
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Jambi » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Grump wrote:The advantage is stylebane.
Its all about the Stylebane!! :mrgreen:

Vlaad
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vlaad » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Deathmarch wrote:Assuming you're using the class spear/bow (and really why wouldn't you, unless you're going glass), that extra 6 WoTG adds 18 atr in normal stance, and probably about 24 in precise. Every little bit counts (words from the wise), because you get a little bit here, a few points there, and all of a sudden your build has an extra 200 atr that wasn't there before.

Are you talking about weapon atr? I know for a fact that every point in focus adds 7 to spell atr so that would be 42 atr in normal.

Ceaser
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Ceaser » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:00 pm

What about the viability of a Aracoix nuktress, Con/Int with resist MA and completly ignore defense.

Typically just take to MA to 100% or whatever is needed for the majestrix MA, pump extra points into Dodge or WoTG.

Viable?

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Ceaser wrote:What about the viability of a Aracoix nuktress, Con/Int with resist MA and completly ignore defense.

Typically just take to MA to 100% or whatever is needed for the majestrix MA, pump extra points into Dodge or WoTG.

Viable?
assuming spear? yeah you gain a mr buff/hot & root + natural flight. SO unlike a aelf you could pwn the pesky flyers with ease :mrgreen:

Ceaser
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Ceaser » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:05 pm

No I was refering to the coix bow/nuketress but running resist MA with con/int instead of the LA version with defense.

You'll have the ATR debuff, n the def debuff.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Ceaser wrote:No I was refering to the coix bow/nuketress but running resist MA with con/int instead of the LA version with defense.

You'll have the ATR debuff, n the def debuff.
you'll have that. But you'd be relying on procs/nukes the whole fight, unlike a speartress that has multiple dots for consistent DPS. Bow needs a balance of Dex/Int/con to work because relying on burst damage with a bow is meh imo

Ceaser
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Ceaser » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Understandable, but if u were relying on:

The procc from your bow which runs off INT,
the poison dot which is affected by your WoTG,
The bleed which i beileve is affected by your int,
The nuke which is based of your WoTG

Most nuketresses shouldnt be relying soley on the bow dmg... IMO

Your glad heals, and savant heals would be higher due to the increased INT, and you would have more survivability from a higher HP pool, and the increased resistances...

Am I way off at saying viable or am I way off?

(Fixed god awful spelling)

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Ceaser wrote:Understandable, but if u were relying on:

The procc from your bow which runs off INT,
the poison dot which is affected by your WoTG,
The bleed which i beileve is affected by your bleed,
The nuke which is based of your WoTG

Most nuketresses shouldnt be relying soley on the bow dmg... IMO

Your glad heals, and savant heals would be higher due to the increased INT, and you would have more survivability from a higher HP pool, and the increased resistances...

Am I way off at saying viable or am I way off?
not really way off. A bleed won't tick godlike even with high int & I wasn't suggesting relying on bow damage solely it was don't rely on procs solely esp with it a bow, there nothing like daggers or ua(unless you use a warbow).. Sure you have your nuke but even in walk stance esp if flying you DRAIN your mana pool. Not saying it wouldn't work I just would prefer 120ish dex for fairly decent bow damage so if I don't proc I still have that behind my nukes/poison dot and make up for whatever stat i'm taking from in jewels

Ceaser
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Ceaser » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Would the mana be compensated enough with MR on your rings n amulet, with the mana buff from savant?

I tell you what Ill pm u a concept build later when I get off work, and take a look and let me know what you think and where I can make changes for the better.

Please keep in mind this concept is for server up, I do love my def build coix nuketress but as everybody and thier brothers and sisters will be camping the volgrum droppers, this build is a "in-the-meantime" until I can get the gear and refine... or reroll.

Thanks for the insight Moco

Loki
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Loki » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:51 pm

In the right hands most toons are viable, it all really depends upon your playstyle.

An MA bird hunty, is viable... Moco is correct in saying that you should not soley rely on your proc, and your nuke... if u get silenced...NO NUKE! and proccs seem to be very random, so u will need to utilize at least a minimal amount of dex to equate to bow damage, 120ish seems to be the "Target"

With using the Mana regen jewlery and the LoS from Savant you should be able to regen your mana pretty quickly, as long as u stay in walk mode. According to my figures u should regen enough mana ROUGHLY every 3 to 5 secs to hit your nuke.
[url=http://-legacy-.enjin.com/home/url]Legacy[/url]
Rewen wrote:You are the definition of classy.

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Loki wrote:In the right hands most toons are viable, it all really depends upon your playstyle.

An MA bird hunty, is viable... Moco is correct in saying that you should not soley rely on your proc, and your nuke... if u get silenced...NO NUKE! and proccs seem to be very random, so u will need to utilize at least a minimal amount of dex to equate to bow damage, 120ish seems to be the "Target"

With using the Mana regen jewlery and the LoS from Savant you should be able to regen your mana pretty quickly, as long as u stay in walk mode. According to my figures u should regen enough mana ROUGHLY every 3 to 5 secs to hit your nuke.

You can nuke while silenced
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Loki
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Loki » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Vervandi wrote:
Loki wrote:In the right hands most toons are viable, it all really depends upon your playstyle.

Doh! yea I forgot that silence effects chants not spells.... damn I am rusty!

Loki
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Loki » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:01 pm

FatBoy wrote:
Loki wrote:
Vervandi wrote:
Doh! yea I forgot that silence effects chants not spells.... damn I am rusty!
thanks for the reminder! i have much thinking to do
To help you think :lol:

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Beula » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:15 pm

With MR jewels and the savant MR buff a rogue nuketress can constantly nuke (in walk mode and on the ground) with little fear of running OOM. Your main damage (esp versus rogues) is your bleed and poison dot since they never miss so IMO higher int than dex so that you always deal more damage (since your DoT's dont miss)

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:28 pm

Beula wrote:With MR jewels and the savant MR buff a rogue nuketress can constantly nuke (in walk mode and on the ground) with little fear of running OOM. Your main damage (esp versus rogues) is your bleed and poison dot since they never miss so IMO higher int than dex so that you always deal more damage (since your DoT's dont miss)
The poison dot does miss

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Beula » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Moco wrote:
Beula wrote:With MR jewels and the savant MR buff a rogue nuketress can constantly nuke (in walk mode and on the ground) with little fear of running OOM. Your main damage (esp versus rogues) is your bleed and poison dot since they never miss so IMO higher int than dex so that you always deal more damage (since your DoT's dont miss)
The poison dot does miss
must of been something they changed. never recall mine missing though.

Return to “Rogue”