someone post some doomy builds!

Heyzeuss
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Re: someone post some doomy builds!

Post by Heyzeuss » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Pollarixie wrote:When I had built it, it was wearing the SDR Fish suit, and SDR gear.

I believe with that it had around 1900 defense.

With real defense gear it would obviously be a lot better. haha.

It was made because we were fighting against ridiculous odds against CN so I figured it'd help me survive and pull some hate off of my team mates. I would dual box a scout for ATR cuts, and would strip con, drain and just be a complete [fluffy bunnies] to non-friendlies.
B u l l s h i t! I wanna see screens of this... and u played this in o stance? lol ya right, this thing prolly had no con and would die in a swing

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:42 pm

I would play in O-stance till targeted. Switched to D.

It hits 1.8k def, so I was off by 100.

And of course it had no con, but it got the job done for what I was trying to accomplish vs. CN at mine time which was Con strip, Drain mana, and GTFO.

If I were able to post screens, I would.

Heyzeuss
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Heyzeuss » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 pm

hmmmm.... i somewhat buy what ur selling here

Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Post by Rewen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:56 pm

NinetyL
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by NinetyL » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:22 am

There's something that's been bugging me. Many peeps suggest going the spirit route with Doomsayers, but what's the point of going all spirit when mana is the least of your worries and your drains have the same max and min base damage anyway? (which means that the damage fluctuation is minimal, even with no investment in spirit) Am I missing something? Going all int sounds like the most logical option to me, save for being more expensive rune-wise.

Logan
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Logan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:00 pm

I never really played doomies but Mino's couldn't stack int runes and therefore to get their damage up they had to raise spirit. Other races do go int.

NinetyL
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by NinetyL » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:39 pm

But they can stack int runes now, yet some people still suggest going spirit over int, which is making me perplexed.

Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Da12ksider » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Kally wrote:An unkillable mana drainer/con debuffer in meat vs meat fights was never a waste :lol:

Anyway, this mage doomy was one of the most fun characters I've ever built/played:

[ Image ]
(rank #5 elf boon)
YOUR PICTURE MAKES ME REMEMBER BETTER DAYS

TheWhopper
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by TheWhopper » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 am

Ajushi wrote:I can't imagine 2k def having any bearing whatsoever on a gvg engagement where targets are being called and they have def debuffs. Maybe it would be ok vs a dwarf holy team if your scout killed theirs first.
How do people that don't even know how the game works get green names??? Like locks, doomys can strip debuffs.

Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Beula » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:16 pm

TheWhopper wrote:
Ajushi wrote:I can't imagine 2k def having any bearing whatsoever on a gvg engagement where targets are being called and they have def debuffs. Maybe it would be ok vs a dwarf holy team if your scout killed theirs first.
How do people that don't even know how the game works get green names??? Like locks, doomys can strip debuffs.
You take the time to stop moving on an elf to use your debuff dispel... see how long it takes that mino to break your face. Debuff dispelling is pretty hard to accomplish while kiting. Leave it to your priest but even then if you're the called target on said elf doomsayer chances are the enemy's assassin will be spamming debuffs on you. Also 8 mino's all have 1 def debuff chances are you'll dispell one just to have another put back on you.

At least that's how I noticed it to generally go.

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:02 pm

NinetyL wrote:But they can stack int runes now, yet some people still suggest going spirit over int, which is making me perplexed.
cheaper, easier, more stat / starting trait efficient and still very effective. the only thing you lose are the higher end (and the lower end) damage numbers but that matters little seeing as how doomies are not played for DPS any way .
TheWhopper wrote:does anyone else remember a bug where if you landed your dot in o-stance then switched to d-stance it would still tick as if you were still in o-stance? or am i just imagining things?
Sorry no. changing stances changed your dmg numbers accordingly. However this was useful for the D stance doomies who could switch over to O stance for heals and also came in handy on Mage doomies who'd use Precise to land a dot then switch to O for higher DPS
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:55 pm

3.5k-4khp on a mino doomy is enough unbuffed. you only need so much hp, the drain's damage is important and ur atr will suuck high hp.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Braxis » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Someone link me the character builder please. I can't find one and I wanna post a couple builds.

Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Braxis » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 am

Ty sir

Heyzeuss
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Heyzeuss » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 am

tooshifty wrote:3.5k-4khp on a mino doomy is enough unbuffed. you only need so much hp, the drain's damage is important and ur atr will suuck high hp.
ATR on a mino doomie sucks period, thats why i've gone back to the SPR builds. You're job is to survive being main target while managing to rob mana and con strip when you can... not kill, sooner you accept that the better doomie you will become :) My mino's never run under 4khp unless i'm in full resist

Heyzeuss
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Heyzeuss » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:02 pm

Pollarixie wrote:I would play in O-stance till targeted. Switched to D.

It hits 1.8k def, so I was off by 100.

And of course it had no con, but it got the job done for what I was trying to accomplish vs. CN at mine time which was Con strip, Drain mana, and GTFO.

If I were able to post screens, I would.
And I as I look back at it we ran some healer doomies like this, but they were high dex/con builds and debuff only. Personally I don't think they are worth it, i'de take a mage with more debuffs anyday or a mino against meat. Def is too easily shattered and if the only thing you can do is con strip then give me a dwarf GA that can pump dmg while doing the same thing.

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:48 pm

My Aelf resist doomy was the most fun I've ever had on a healer.

Return to “Mage”