Noob question

Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Noob question

Post by Namosa » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Do doomsayers get both: Confusion's Curse, and Shielding (being a mage?)

and if so, can they stack?

SB Character Creator
EXCEL http://www.tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator
Open Office http://tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator-OO

Shadowbane client DL (PW: shadowbane)
Direct Download

Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Re: Noob question

Post by Rewen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:45 pm

They can have both. The problem is that Confusion's Curse won't stack with Blessed Protection (or Concoction Potion equivalent).

Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by Namosa » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:10 am

Kally wrote:Still trying to crack the Belzelga mystery? ;)
quite

SB Character Creator

Direct Download

ARMS
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by ARMS » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:41 am

how much u make def toon :3
The Return of the King ASIA, Wrath-Bral-Mourning-Malog-Thurin King's Road _ARMS_

Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by Namosa » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:28 am

ARMS wrote:how much u make def toon :3

Dont understand what your askin?

SB Character Creator

Direct Download

Bonkers
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Bonkers » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Yea they get both. A few mages get similar things, Pretty much everything stacks with mage shielding. Assassin and warlock come to mind. both of them get 150 def spells that stack.

Wrought
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Wrought » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:19 am

Are you trying to make a high defense mage Doomy?
Exalted

Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by Namosa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 am

Wrought wrote:Are you trying to make a high defense mage Doomy?

yeah

SB Character Creator

Direct Download

Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Reaper989 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 am

Namosa wrote:Do doomsayers get both: Confusion's Curse, and Shielding (being a mage?)

and if so, can they stack?
Yes, you get 50 more defense then you would have with GM def buff from any healer. 55 more then a conc.

Wrought
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Wrought » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:44 am

Namosa wrote:

yeah
I found the SS for the build... It's not piecing together very well. Unless that Boon is giving 400+ Defense, or Arkanis' calc is wrong. Though I was using an Aelf, not an Archmage. Also, it appears (or maybe due to poor res) as though this Elf is wearing Vorg LA Boots/Hood. Which is odd. Also, Robes can't grant defense. Cloth gloves/boots/hood can.

Needless to say I'm attempting to get as close as possible boonless, and using only resource rolled gear. I believe I am close. Next step would be to go Elf Archmage, take it to around 170Dex/135Int/50Con with TaN and Lucky...
Exalted

ARMS
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by ARMS » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 am

this

Namosa wrote:
ARMS wrote:how much u make def toon :3

Dont understand what your askin?
The Return of the King ASIA, Wrath-Bral-Mourning-Malog-Thurin King's Road _ARMS_

Wrought
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Wrought » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Kally wrote:They're Infernal Cloth Boots (pretty standard) and there is an incredible variety of cloth hood skins to choose from (if you take the time to go through and see what each looks like). For some reason though, people always stick to the boring red or white ones.

I thought purple went best with the doomsayer robe tbh.
I think I have it figured out. However, this Elf boon of yours must be granting +300 Defense/Weapon ATR. I broke 1447 in Robes with cloth pieces in o-stance. Defensive stance brings it around 1551. However the SS of this Doomsayer was of it in o-stance.

High Dex (160's - 170's), around 120 - 130 Int. 90 points into the Staff focus line. 90 points into Corruption. Con is horrid, though your build only has 2.6k HP. I'm guessing you've taken (or left) Con around 50 - 60 with TaN and some Con gear.

There's but a few things I'm missing... 300 Def/Atr, 400HP, and 80 Stam. I have yet to factor in Boons... And I'm not completely certain if any FC gear is equipped (post Malog/Thurin build?). The rest seems to be fine.

Getting close?
Last edited by Wrought on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exalted

Vivitron
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vivitron » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Wrought wrote:
Kally wrote:They're Infernal Cloth Boots (pretty standard) and there is an incredible variety of cloth hood skins to choose from (if you take the time to go through and see what each looks like). For some reason though, people always stick to the boring red or white ones.

I think I have it figured out. However, this Elf boon of yours must be granting +300 Defense/Weapon ATR. I broke 1447 in Robes with cloth pieces in o-stance. Defensive stance brings it around 1551. However the SS of this Doomsayer was of it in o-stance.

High Dex (160's - 170's), around 120 - 130 Int. 90 points into the Spear focus line. 90 points into Corruption. Con is horrid, though your build only has 2.6k HP. I'm guessing you've taken (or left) Con around 50 - 60 with TaN and some Con gear.

There's but a few things I'm missing... 300 Def/Atr, 400HP, and 80 Stam. I have yet to factor in Boons... And I'm not completely certain if any FC gear is equipped (post Malog/Thurin build?). The rest seems to be fine.

Getting close?
Spear? I think you want the class staff because the spiked mastery will up your def.

Wrought
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Wrought » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Vivitron wrote:
Wrought wrote:

High Dex (160's - 170's), around 120 - 130 Int. 90 points into the Spear focus line. 90 points into Corruption. Con is horrid, though your build only has 2.6k HP. I'm guessing you've taken (or left) Con around 50 - 60 with TaN and some Con gear.

Getting close?
Spear? I think you want the class staff because the spiked mastery will up your def.
Just a typo. Fixed.
Exalted

Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by Namosa » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:50 am

Vivitron wrote:
Wrought wrote:

Getting close?

Yeah it hurts that no calcs have that staff to factor in.

SB Character Creator

Direct Download

Wrought
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Wrought » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Namosa wrote:
Vivitron wrote:
Wrought wrote: I think I have it figured out. However, this Elf boon of yours must be granting +300 Defense/Weapon ATR. I broke 1447 in Robes with cloth pieces in o-stance. Defensive stance brings it around 1551. However the SS of this Doomsayer was of it in o-stance.

Getting close?

Yeah it hurts that no calcs have that staff to factor in.
I'm almost positive it would get you close to the atr on o-stance. But like everything else, would probably be off by 200 - 300. I didn't think boons got over tier 4, so something like a tier 5 boon could account for all the missing anomalies.
Exalted

Return to “Mage”