Wizards!

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Wizards!

Post by Moco » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Hunt wrote:
Shadowz wrote:
Hunt wrote:i never died on my wizard on malog not much of an achievement but still
All that means is you have no balls. You can keep death lists extremely low on a Wizard, but unless you rarely play it, or play it like a complete [fluffy bunnies], you will never "never get killed".
no balls? not really just means i wasn't bad
but that server was so that ended that debate
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Hunt
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Hunt » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Moco wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Shadowz wrote:
All that means is you have no balls. You can keep death lists extremely low on a Wizard, but unless you rarely play it, or play it like a complete [fluffy bunnies], you will never "never get killed".
no balls? not really just means i wasn't bad
yeah i said that at the start not sure why this shadow guy got so upset by it, i'm guessing he died loads on his wizard

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Hunt wrote:
Moco wrote:
Hunt wrote: no balls? not really just means i wasn't bad
yeah i said that at the start not sure why this shadow guy got so upset by it, i'm guessing he died loads on his wizard
I played with Shadowz a lot and he was a amazing wizard player. He played a Human at first & rarely died but then switched over to shades/irekei and completely Skah! on people with just the heal. I can vouch he is a solid wizzy player & doesn't just teleport away everytime he casts a dot/debuff like a :fluffy bunnies:
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Hunt
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Hunt » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Moco wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Moco wrote: but that server was so that ended that debate
I played with Shadowz a lot and he was a amazing wizard player. He played a Human at first & rarely died but then switched over to shades/irekei and completely Skah! on people with just the heal. I can vouch he is a solid wizzy player & doesn't just teleport away everytime he casts a dot/debuff like a :fluffy bunnies:
yeah i played a neph and shade wizzy also i'm not bashing him as a player he just assumed that i did debuff/dot then cast.

Chaotic
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Chaotic » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am

Shadowz,

Did you play a shade wiz on braialla? Back when ND was a capital?

GenieHakeem
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by GenieHakeem » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 am

Subatomic wrote:160/140 Irekei. Their sex on fire.
Out of the casters, I never did much with casters in Shadowbane, which is more dps based? Wizards seem to have it fairly well, and necromancers with pet flooding.

Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Da12ksider » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Shadowz, did you play a shade wizzy on brailia? or maybe on Carnage?
-Express Tunnel Service-

RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by RaWqR » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:47 pm

I played alot of wizards.. They are alot of fun and very slippery. You dont have to be a good player to survive on them.

I played shade wizard alot... Shade for the heal and wyrmslayer WP for the atr. Then they took away the style casting atr boost.

I enjoyed my neph wizard since flight is very useful, but no heal and atr issues is a bummer. I tried elf, and I had a blast. Very fun until they nerfed mage stealth. I switched to irekei to keep the dual wield but increase my survivability with the heal, but now I think that I have to make a shade again since everyone and their mothers train bounty hunter detect hidden.

I really dont like the mage-stealth nerf, took away alot of the fun for me.

Patch it back! ;)
I have a signature.

lyyah8888
Snobo
Snobo

Post by lyyah8888 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:32 am

:shock:

Jozza
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Jozza » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:59 am

RaWqR wrote:I played alot of wizards.. They are alot of fun and very slippery. You dont have to be a good player to survive on them.
Wrong!!!!!!!!
WIZARD ADVOCATE
Hugues wrote:I'm a far better wizard and I've only ever leveled a wizard to mid 60s. On that note I vote yes because I like his name. As long as jozza isn't in the running cause he's better
Evald wrote:Nice to see C&L destroy trash guilds

Jozza
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Jozza » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:00 am

IMO Irekei is the best race!!
WIZARD ADVOCATE
Hugues wrote:I'm a far better wizard and I've only ever leveled a wizard to mid 60s. On that note I vote yes because I like his name. As long as jozza isn't in the running cause he's better
Evald wrote:Nice to see C&L destroy trash guilds

ARMS
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by ARMS » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am

Jozza wrote:IMO Irekei is the best race!!
wizard = irekei is the best race
The Return of the King ASIA, Wrath-Bral-Mourning-Malog-Thurin King's Road _ARMS_

TooT
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by TooT » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:57 pm

ARMS wrote:
Jozza wrote:IMO Irekei is the best race!!
wizard = irekei is the best race
Yup.
Not so proud owner of Anti Nephi Lehi Training city on Brialla...
Seriously I should have spent that time farming people and not mobs.

teleporttodeath
Snobo
Snobo

Post by teleporttodeath » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Nah I would have to say Shade. Shade gives you instant Invis. And you still have a heal. Back in the day when Irekie's heal was a big heal and not a hot it was the best.

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:33 pm

teleporttodeath wrote:Nah I would have to say Shade. Shade gives you instant Invis. And you still have a heal. Back in the day when Irekie's heal was a big heal and not a hot it was the best.
Mage stealth was changed to only require 20 points and is instastealth.
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

TooT
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by TooT » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Me and teleport have been discussing the Shade vs Irekie for close to a decade now. Its simply this. Tele's Shade has immune to blind,insta hide, and can generate 1k more life then my Irekie build, which is a huge survivabilty boost for a wiz.
My Irekie build could usully generate an extra 1.5k-3k more dmg in the span of 7-10 seconds then his shade.
I calculated his atr topped out about 1800-2000 where as mine was 2200-2400 (in off stance).
Both builds are good but there are pro's and con to each.
My whole theory on this came down to the fact that I could drop my target and teleport away prior to detection so thier was no need for the extra life.

Teleport has good points on his shade that I'm probably not getting at here. So this whole rant is just my opinion.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:04 pm

How did you generate an extra 1.5-3k over a shade in 7-10 seconds?

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:15 pm

TooT wrote:Me and teleport have been discussing the Shade vs Irekie for close to a decade now. Its simply this. Tele's Shade has immune to blind,insta hide, and can generate 1k more life then my Irekie build, which is a huge survivabilty boost for a wiz.
My Irekie build could usully generate an extra 1.5k-3k more dmg in the span of 7-10 seconds then his shade.
I calculated his atr topped out about 1800-2000 where as mine was 2200-2400 (in off stance).
My whole theory on this came down to the fact that I could drop my target and teleport away prior to detection so thier was no need for the extra life.

Teleport has good points on his shade that I'm probably not getting at here. So this whole rant is just my opinion.
Shade gets instahide if you want to waste 40 points for it. How can you get 1k more health than an irekei when they both have the same min/max starting traits for con/int? Damage output should be the same. You will get more atr due to being able to duel weild, but other than that and blind immunity and the hide skill, there should be no difference.
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

TooT
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by TooT » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:12 am

Its just the differance in how we built them...as for how I get more damage...When your that dwarf priest in the middle of a group gaurding a mine...then I'll show it to you. (you might not see me...just the dmg)

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:01 am

TooT wrote:Its just the differance in how we built them...as for how I get more damage...When your that dwarf priest in the middle of a group gaurding a mine...then I'll show it to you. (you might not see me...just the dmg)
I lol @ wizards with my infinite mr and 80 base magic res

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:59 am

TooT wrote:Me and teleport have been discussing the Shade vs Irekie for close to a decade now. Its simply this. Tele's Shade has immune to blind,insta hide, and can generate 1k more life then my Irekie build, which is a huge survivabilty boost for a wiz.

TooT wrote:Its just the differance in how we built them...as for how I get more damage...When your that dwarf priest in the middle of a group gaurding a mine...then I'll show it to you. (you might not see me...just the dmg)
so which is it?

TooT
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by TooT » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 am

Int/Con mix as a opposed to Int/Int. Shade gets a better HP per Con then Irekie.

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:25 am

TooT wrote:Int/Con mix as a opposed to Int/Int. Shade gets a better HP per Con then Irekie.
Shades do not get more HP per con than irekei.

My point is that you are arguing different builds, not really different races. Shade can get 5 more con than irekei all things considered but thats not really a game breaker, the only difference between the two is with shade you get blind immunity and you can train hide to 40 and with irekei you can duel wield, thus more atr.

TooT
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by TooT » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:38 am

I just always seem to have more life on my shade warlock. So I can't back my HP per CON ratio since this is a completely different class. I just always went INT/INT irekie for wiz.

So to answer your question

I say "yes".

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:42 am

TooT wrote:I just always seem to have more life on my shade warlock. So I can't back my HP per CON ratio since this is a completely different class. I just always went INT/INT irekie for wiz.

I say "yes".
Okay, let me help you out then, although I'm not really sure what going "Int/Int" means.

So you are saying you have more life on your shade warlock. Is this because you have more CONSTITUTION on your warlock than on your wizard? If so, this would be the cause of the discrepancy. I guarantee you 100% you get no more hp per con on shade than irekei, so don't worry about trying to back up your hp per con ratio.

Phylor
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Phylor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:44 am

cashmoneyflow wrote:
TooT wrote:I just always seem to have more life on my shade warlock. So I can't back my HP per CON ratio since this is a completely different class. I just always went INT/INT irekie for wiz.

I say "yes".
Okay, let me help you out then, although I'm not really sure what going "Int/Int" means.

So you are saying you have more life on your shade warlock. Is this because you have more CONSTITUTION on your warlock than on your wizard? If so, this would be the cause of the discrepancy. I guarantee you 100% you get no more hp per con on shade than irekei, so don't worry about trying to back up your hp per con ratio.
Warlocks do have a higher HP gain than a wizard. It wouldn't be huge though.

Note - This doesn't relate to con though.

Also I believe he is referring to his jewelry with int/int vs int/con. Only moderately relevant to a build since it is easily changed.

TooT
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by TooT » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:51 am

Yes I am talking about gear, But since the stealth nerf it would also be nice to have a gm hide for those tight spots where the enemy only has B/H detect.

RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by RaWqR » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Jozza wrote:
RaWqR wrote:I played alot of wizards.. They are alot of fun and very slippery. You dont have to be a good player to survive on them.
Wrong!!!!!!!!
GM tele and JM group tele and train ure dmg shield and u should be fine no matter what, unless u get lagged out...
I have a signature.

Stomplar
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Stomplar » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Shade and Ireiki should both come out to be about the same if you build them worth a damn, minus a higher ATR on ireiki. Do you want to be gray or red? Thats your only true choice.

huang123
Snobo
Snobo

Post by huang123 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:41 am

I made a neph once. It was strictly for PLing purposes

Return to “Mage”