Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post Reply
ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 863
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by ScrappyDoo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Was trying to pick the community's brain on what the best overall stat spread for a solo rogue would be and what race. Both for proccer and straight damage builds.

Was leaning more towards Ranger and/or Huntress but Assassins are a viable 3rd option.

I attempted a proccer con/int build human regen ranger. Wasn't overly impressed with it, but ending stats at 70 were 150con/130int and forget my exact dex. With a 120atr +4 min dmg tier 3 fire proc 110% Dragonfist in one hand and the SDR mental proc UA in the other I did about 50-60dmg per hit on average and 70-85 after expose and procs do 200-400dmg. I was hoping to have a slightly higher proc output somewhere in the 400-500 range consistantly. My regen with two 30% health regen jewles and an SDR 15% health regen ring was very good and with the ranger heal and herblore regen, I could just walk off getting jumped by two bow scouts.

As far as huntresses go I have a 125con, 140int, rest in dex human bow nuketress with MA resists and live in precise stance. With the precision buff from archer in precise stance my bow atr is 2400ish and spell atr is 2250. Nukes hit for 400-500s and procs with the SDR lighting proc bow I hit for about 300-400dmg. Poison dots tick for 125-200. A bow scout gives me little to no problem unless they are a runecaster/glad/skydancer scout and then they can be a handful. Anything UA or dagger and I have to scramble with but thats typical.

With an assassin build I was looking at a proccer as well probably human UA or was even toying with the idea of going shadow daggers just for the focus line to boost atr on the stun and other skills. Probably go with same stat spread as the huntress with 125con/140int rest in dex.

Do these stat spreads for each respective class look viable or are they gimping themselves in some aspect? Or would straight DPS builds be more viable when it comes to the ranger and assassin? And is going human for the assassin and ranger the way to go or would shade be a better ranger choice and irekei/aelfborn for the assassin be better?

Keep in mind this toon is more or less for random running around solo pvp, rune hunting etc etc.
Image

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1738
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by Coolwatersx » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:26 pm

In my opinion, as much Con as you can get, 60 or 82 Int, depending on your class/trains and the rest in Dex.

O stance, resist based.

Defensive, this changes obviously. Vamp this changes obviously.
Image

Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by Vandarr » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:59 pm

It all depends on the objective. Solo runehunting, solo trying to ninja mines, roll levelling groups, or just solo in that you're outside of the pvp group you're rolling with?
Image

Sig by Dubanka - winning Vandarr entry for team sig contest, October 2013.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by tooshifty » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:32 pm

live verv said it all depends on the objective. I base stats differently for each class. huntress with 140int/125con = bad. no offence but mine is merely tickled by scouts and its rogue con/int. also im surprised that you were unimpressed with a con/int ranger...they are solid. maybe try for a 160con/85int/restdex ranger with brailla blades and procs. Or go staff human with 70int no procs. very solid character.
Image
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

unfringed
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by unfringed » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:02 am

Because proccing weapons replace the damage boosting suffix with a proc, a proccing build gets far less out of dexterity than a build that avoids procs.

I imagine a large part of your disappointment with the proccing ranger was due to the fact that (a) you were using the weak fire proc and a t1 mental proc, and (b) your stats invested too heavily in dexterity, even when your build gets very little out of dexterity. A typical late-server human proccer of mine has either 155 con/150 int or 150 con/160 int depending on my chosen traits. Your inferior equipment coupled with a sub-par stat spread gave you a bad experience. Were you using the undead hunter proc?

Rangers in general are not my favorite proccing class, because they lack a class proc, they have a damage buff which makes the cost of procs higher, and as a consequence of the prior two downsides, they lack both the burst potential of a class proc and the consistent high damage of your average ranger. About the only thing going for them is the fact that investment in int pays off in the heal.

On the assassin build you mentioned, I've written a bit on the many downsides of shadowdaggers in the Assassin forum. Dexterity is even more useless on a proccing assassin since it doesn't have the damage buff of a ranger to multiply the gains from dexterity. In addition, on a human assassin you're going to need to bolster your survivability as best you can, which generally means vampire procs which are extremely difficult to find at this stage of the CB, and you'll have to deal with the constant headache of scouts.

If you're going to go with an assassin this early on, I'd suggest a bird. Savant will provide much-needed protection against scouts and reduce the need for vampire procs. You'll have to deal with ladder int runes, the lack of a hood and a crappier stat spread though.

ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 863
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Re: Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by ScrappyDoo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:59 pm

unfringed wrote:Because proccing weapons replace the damage boosting suffix with a proc, a proccing build gets far less out of dexterity than a build that avoids procs.

I imagine a large part of your disappointment with the proccing ranger was due to the fact that (a) you were using the weak fire proc and a t1 mental proc, and (b) your stats invested too heavily in dexterity, even when your build gets very little out of dexterity. A typical late-server human proccer of mine has either 155 con/150 int or 150 con/160 int depending on my chosen traits. Your inferior equipment coupled with a sub-par stat spread gave you a bad experience. Were you using the undead hunter proc?

Rangers in general are not my favorite proccing class, because they lack a class proc, they have a damage buff which makes the cost of procs higher, and as a consequence of the prior two downsides, they lack both the burst potential of a class proc and the consistent high damage of your average ranger. About the only thing going for them is the fact that investment in int pays off in the heal.

On the assassin build you mentioned, I've written a bit on the many downsides of shadowdaggers in the Assassin forum. Dexterity is even more useless on a proccing assassin since it doesn't have the damage buff of a ranger to multiply the gains from dexterity. In addition, on a human assassin you're going to need to bolster your survivability as best you can, which generally means vampire procs which are extremely difficult to find at this stage of the CB, and you'll have to deal with the constant headache of scouts.

If you're going to go with an assassin this early on, I'd suggest a bird. Savant will provide much-needed protection against scouts and reduce the need for vampire procs. You'll have to deal with ladder int runes, the lack of a hood and a crappier stat spread though.

I chose ranger mostly because of the ginormous amount of scouts and the current difficulty in obtaining a savant rune since its continuously camped with 2-4 scouts plus other randoms everytime it spawns. I adjusted my stats the ranger a bit and went a bit more int(without rerolling) and went MA instead of LA(which I realized going LA was a mistake shortly after training it but wanted to give it a go). As of right now with my 10 con/int 30% hr ring and neck that I have, glad heal and herblore as well as ranger heal I can withstand an attack from 3 scouts(which happened last night on RoC) long enough for me to get to safety or an evac if needed. I had thought of the assassin build but, as you said, I just don't want to have to put up with the insane amount of bird scouts that everyone has rolled. I realize it will be much much more viable as a proccer build with its own class proc along with the extra utility.

I thought of a Human con/int NS which would help with the scout problem a bit. Possiby the 150con 160int spread you spoke of(base dex, str,spr)...I'm assuming warlord's page with godly con, and brilliant mind and the human int rune with godly int as far as stat runes go. The heal dot would come in handy for solo runs and the little mini nuke would help with range that the UA ranger lacks. Not to mention the higher weapon powers and class proc.
Image

ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 863
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Re: Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by ScrappyDoo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:23 pm

tooshifty wrote:live verv said it all depends on the objective. I base stats differently for each class. huntress with 140int/125con = bad. no offence but mine is merely tickled by scouts and its rogue con/int. also im surprised that you were unimpressed with a con/int ranger...they are solid. maybe try for a 160con/85int/restdex ranger with brailla blades and procs. Or go staff human with 70int no procs. very solid character.
I only took a 25con rune and a 20int rune ingame on my huntress and still have 45-50 stat points to spend. I applied them because it was what I had and wanted to test something which was why I saved the points to bump into a 40con and 40int rune for later.

I have no problem with 1 scout right now even with the lower stats. The only scouts that give me issues are the aracoix skydancer runecaster/glad scouts. I've managed a few 2v1 when they were 2 vamp scouts and even did a 2v1 vs two 75 aracoix scouts when I was lvl 62 but that was because I dinged after killing the first one and had to go cat form for the % heal on the second one.
Image

Rucker
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by Rucker » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:44 am

On the ranger you would be better off going higher dex b/c rangers dont get alot of powers that benefit from int outside of GoT and the heal. They do however get a 50% dmg buff so I would buiild around that and use procs to compliment it. I would problably go aelfborn or aracoix and go 130 dex 120 con 110 int (I just ballparked these). Im not sure if your def or resist but if your using UA and not a sundancer then you wont have an atr cut. If your fighting alot of bow scouts then it will be hard to keep them atr cut anyway so Id recommend resist MA.

Hunties on the other hand have Dots and nukes so building around int makes sense. Your stat layout seems fine for the most part especially once you get some bigger runes. You may still want to invest in dex if you feel your bow atr or dmg isnt where you want it.

Never really played assy much so cant say much however you wont have regen or a heal unless your a aracoix.

Edit: Ratcatcher debuffs will help with Glad Runecaster scouts

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Chiraq

Re: Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by Skoot » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:33 pm

MrZoneSix
MrZoneSix

della
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:54 am

Re: Stat Spread for Solo Rogue Toon

Post by della » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:In my opinion, as much Con as you can get, 60 or 82 Int, depending on your class/trains and the rest in Dex.

O stance, resist based.
This. On a huntress I like bird 150 con, 85 int and then rest in dex and in o-stance. A lot of people pump int but I use the nukes for utility more than damage (1pt in stun nuke for chain stunning healers heals, GM cold for snare) and then with pumped dex I've found you can put out some decent bow damage especially while in form, with pierce debuff and dmg buff running. I think you end up with something like 4200 HPs end game depending on what jewels you wear (I prefer +WotG, con jewels and resist of con ammy). I'm sure it's not the best build but it's fun to play and eats up other rogues.
Image
lillaa / meanipantz / parrothead

Post Reply

Return to “Assassin, Harbinger of Death”