Bow mage proccer

kymatius
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Bow mage proccer

Post by kymatius » Fri May 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Had a Neph on live but am not sure thats the best race for this toon.

I am looking for suggestions on race and how high I should take SM.

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Re: Bow mage proccer

Post by Badmoon » Fri May 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Shade with cold proccing war bow. Shroudborne for the -30% cold debuff, proc for 1500-2k, have fun yay.
Spike SM as high as you can without effecting other spells, shouldnt be too bad. Id say 150ish.
keep your bow poison proccd, sit in o stance, stun, annhiliate.
Black Crown IC

"Badmooning" - To go afk at a time of importance due to a Skah! wife or cranky children.

kymatius
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by kymatius » Fri May 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Would you mine posting a temp for a Shade?

Have not been able to get Arkanis excell doc to work correctly.

Wrought
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Wrought » Sat May 03, 2014 11:05 pm

-------The Basics---------

Race: Shade
Class: Mage
Profession: Assassin

------Applied Runes-------

Warlord's Page
Tough as Nails
Brilliant Mind
Legendary Constitution
Intelligence of the Gods
Archer
Shroudborne

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 25/90
Dexterity: 40/110
Constitution: 140/140
Intelligence: 160/160
Spirit: 37/85

----------Skills----------

Warding 40% (4 trains)
Shadowmastery 132% (90 trains)
Bow 110% (67 trains)

----------Powers----------

Shielding 40 (Grand Master)
Enfeeblement 40 (Grand Master)
Spectral Bonds 40 (Grand Master)
Blindness 40 (Grand Master)
Chilling Shadows 40 (Grand Master)
Poison Blade 40 (Grand Master)
Shadow Bolt 40 (Grand Master)
Shadow Mantle 40 (Grand Master)
Shadow Touch 40 (Grand Master)
Steal Breath 40 (Grand Master)
Chill of the Grave 20 (Journeyman)
Ardan's Shroud 20 (Journeyman)
Fade 20 (Journeyman)
Invisibility 20 (Journeyman)
Oblivion's Caress 5 (Beginner)
Slayer's Focus 1 (Untrained)

Something like this maybe. Quick mock-up.
Exalted

Thoron
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Thoron » Sun May 04, 2014 7:59 am

Sheesh is everyone gonna roll one of these now? Lol
~Retribution~

deja
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by deja » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Wrought wrote:-------The Basics---------

Race: Shade
Class: Mage
Profession: Assassin

------Applied Runes-------

Warlord's Page
Tough as Nails
Brilliant Mind
Legendary Constitution
Intelligence of the Gods
Archer
Shroudborne

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 25/90
Dexterity: 40/110
Constitution: 140/140
Intelligence: 160/160
Spirit: 37/85
You could also apply a Constitution of the Gods and end up with 145 con / 160 int / 31 spr
I don't care if anyone likes what I have to say at all as I am entitled to my opinions and am a very seasoned sb veteran you should take my words into high consideration if you are smart and care about this game and the community that plays here.

Splifflord
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Splifflord » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:52 pm

It's best to use a human. Everything else ends up too tight on points

Jiruo
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Jiruo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:44 am

The bow powers are rank 5. Are the archery powers rank 5 as well? wondering about for the bow def debuff in archery line.

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Firebat » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:41 am

Is this build still viable? im a noob. and ive built a character around it. im currently at level 30.

thanks

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:26 am

Firebat wrote:Is this build still viable? im a noob. and ive built a character around it. im currently at level 30.

thanks
The build in itself is viable yes but it's gonna be tough as a noob geting those godly/disc runes. And this build is super gear dependent. Until it's completely finished it's gonna be fragile as hell.
Jiruo wrote:The bow powers are rank 5. Are the archery powers rank 5 as well? wondering about for the bow def debuff in archery line.
Also rank 5. It's as low as it gets. That's why the need for 40 trains in enfeeblement. In all reality this toon doesn't rely on the bow to kill. You will be mask/under casting the whole time with occasional procs.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Firebat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:31 am

Im just new and confused lol.

Im level 44 now. Trying to train invisibility, but i cant find it. Does hide need to be at 18? why doesent the build include hide?

What do you mean its a rank 5? what is? sorry.... whats the enfeeblement for?

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Firebat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 am

maybe this build is too complicated....i havent got the archery rune yet, is it too late to switch to just an assasin mage?

8Shade
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by 8Shade » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:52 am

Firebat wrote:maybe this build is too complicated....i havent got the archery rune yet, is it too late to switch to just an assasin mage?
You can pick mage/rogue only when you are creating the character. As a rogue you need rank 18 hide to open sneak which has 40 trains and as a mage you get the invisibility.

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Firebat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:02 am

I found invisibility. i just had to go to a player city to get it to 20.

Im going to post a picture of my current progress towards this build. Do you think its feasible to switch to a normal mage assasin right now? or is it impossible to switch now for some reason?

Sorry, im trying to grasp all this. i guess the problem is i cant find a mage assasin build thats not in veteran shorthand. i need to look at it like the one above in this thread...

Here is where im at currently:

8Shade
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by 8Shade » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:39 am

Firebat wrote:I found invisibility. i just had to go to a player city to get it to 20.

Im going to post a picture of my current progress towards this build. Do you think its feasible to switch to a normal mage assasin right now? or is it impossible to switch now for some reason?

Sorry, im trying to grasp all this. i guess the problem is i cant find a mage assasin build thats not in veteran shorthand. i need to look at it like the one above in this thread...

Here is where im at currently:
[ Image ]
Yes you can switch without any problems. Anything can be untrained (in your case just the poison blade), otherwise the build you got is pretty standard.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:09 pm

Firebat wrote:maybe this build is too complicated....i havent got the archery rune yet, is it too late to switch to just an assasin mage?
This is way too complicated of a build for a new player. It's incredibly gear and rune dependent. Not to mention, once it is finally completed, it's not the easiest char to play. You're a mage with ~3k or so hps standing in O-stance with crap resists. You're good in any 1v1, but anything more and you're likely dead unless you really know what you're doing and you get lucky with procs.

There's a sundancer mage assassin that's better than this build by a lot. But to be honest, any mage proccer is nothing more than a squishy candy toon and not suited for a new player. You should try something that's not so gear dependent and can still be good with a very generic build, like a Templar or Huntress, or if you just prefer mage, then a Wizard.

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Firebat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Sundancer mage assasin hey?

Ok well luckily its easy for me to respec into a mage assasin

I would be oh so stoked if someone could help me out by posting a mage assasin for me to change this into

Thanks in advance?

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Firebat wrote:Im just new and confused lol.

Im level 44 now. Trying to train invisibility, but i cant find it. Does hide need to be at 18? why doesent the build include hide?

What do you mean its a rank 5? what is? sorry.... whats the enfeeblement for?
No problem with the questions. I am noob friendly so I hope I can help.
I actually made a mistake with enfeeblement. That's a great debuff but not a vital one. Weakening is the vital one because of the Dex debuff. It enables the mage to hit high Def targets because Dex is the primary influence on Defense. All mages get these through the sorcery line.

Non shade mages don't generally get hide that's a rogue ability (all shades get hide as a racial ability). Some mage classes do though and assy is one of these. Fade (hide) up to 18 trains grants invisibility(stealth) for a mage assy. Note on the wiki that both powers require sorcery in order to get them! Rogue assy get hide and stealth from the rogue base class not the assy class and have higher lvls of sneak and hide. Mage stealth caps at lvl 20 which means a slower cast time AND it's possible for Bounty hunter toons to train up "eyes" to see them.

now for the harder one to explain.

Weapon power skills by class (and base class also) are expressed by different levels from 0-40 (by 5's) and are untrainable in game. It's much the same as " trains" in a spell while in game. 40 being GM - or the best. The higher the level the stronger the powers "effects" are going to be. This is why a bow scout has a really good Defense debuff - they have lvl 40 bow powers. It is possible to get a particular weapon on a toon that has 0 power levels for that but the debuffs attained would be ALMOST worthless. In addition there are generall two separate lines for weapons the weapon line itself and then a mastery line IE: Bow - grants a certain set of powers but "Archery" a different set. You could possibly have one without the other.

Let's look at the Archery line for an example:
EAGLE'S AIM:
"Weapon Power and Defense Debuff"
Requires: Bow Skill (75), Archery Skill (30)
Granted: Level 1
Casting Time: 0.2 seconds
Recycle Time: 20.0 seconds
Generates Hate: Moderate
Power User Requirements: Player must not be moving when he activates this power. Requires Bow weapon in left hand.
Mode Required: Combat Mode Only
Requires Hit Roll: No
Target and Range: Self/No target
Stackability: Cannot be stacked with other effects of type 'WeaponMove' (0)
Duration: 10 seconds
On Next Combat Swing Apply Power:
Casting Time: 0.8 seconds
Generates Hate: No
Target and Range: Monsters or Players (150 Units) -- Can affect caster and group members
Applies Effect(s):
Duration: 8 to 15.6 seconds (at power ranks 0 to 40)
Stackability: Cannot be stacked with other effects of type 'DefenseDebuff' (0)
Defense Penalty: – 1% to 41% (from power rank 0 to 40)
Dispel Tags: Debuff, Effect

Notice what i highlighted. At lvl 0 powers the debuff is a whopping -1% to defense. The scout in our example can defense debuff at lvl 40 or -41% That's a massive difference. A bow mage assy (with archer disc rune granting both archery and bow) would have level 5 powers (on both archery and bow) so Eagle's aim would debuff their opponent at -5%. not very good and certainly not enough to defeat a high def opponent. hense the need for weakening plus blind as an assy class power will allow you to hit anything.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Return to “Assassin, Harbinger of Death”