Hexa proccer?

Zergs
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Hexa proccer?

Post by Zergs » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:58 am

Has anyone tried using prefix/suffix procced weapons? More to the point is it even possible? Do castable procs overwrite something or are you able to get 3 procced weapon? I know prefix procs are lower tier, but my guess is it's still better than blank auto-attack punch.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Hexa proccer?

Post by Ajushi » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 am

You lose atr mods. not really worth it. It's definitely been tried.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Zergs
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Zergs » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:11 am

Ajushi wrote:You lose atr mods. not really worth it. It's definitely been tried.
Yeah you do, but for a O-stancer with defcut and blind, my guess loss of attr is not that big of a deal. Plus you are pretty close to speed cap.

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by longblade » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:51 am

I tried it on a few different builds and I never seemed to get more procs or better dps. In fact my primary proccs seemed to work less. I have a feeling there are a number of things that function differently on these emu's so it's probably worth trying again.

ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by ScrappyDoo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 pm

I tried it once for Skah! and giggles on the last phase with a BW assassin. I went stam/stam just to see what it would do to a meat toon's stam. I never noticed that I procced anymore then I would if I went LoO or PoO tlans.

Zergs
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Zergs » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Well in theory you should have 10% more chance, totaling at 30% chance for something to happen. Maybe there's a hidden algorithm that we aren't aware of. Longblade what type of weapon were you using? I think this would be a great time to test if for UA/SD toons since you can get higher atr with the same amount of trains as before.

Would any of housed ppl be willing to roll me a pair of these? I lapdance you long time. :D

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by zenjah » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:01 pm

If you hit less often you will proc less often. Unless you've got a build that can afford to lose 300+ ATR and still reliable hit your opponents, the prefix procs will actually make you proc less often.

This is why I think the prefix procs should work like the other viable prefixes. They should have ATR just like Peerless and Morlochs do. When you pick your prefix you'd choose between speed, damage, and proc. Currently you can choose between speed and damage, but proc is out the window because of the loss of ATR.

Alternatively, the prefix procs should be scaled up so they are powerful enough to reasonably ecxhange for both the ATR and speed/damage normally gained from a prefix. That is a big tradeoff, so even T3 procs as prefixes would not be overpowered in my opinion.

I would argue that Peerless and Morlochs are more valuable than any suffix. So why are prefix procs so much weaker than suffix procs?
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

AdamWest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by AdamWest » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Zergs wrote:Well in theory you should have 10% more chance, totaling at 30% chance for something to happen.
Not quite... With that logic, 20 procs would give you 100% chance to proc!

To calculate the probability of independent events, we could do the following:

Calculate the probability of no procs going off, then subtract that from 1 to get the probability of a proc going off.

Code: Select all

1 - (0.95 ^ x) = probability of a proc going off
where x is the number of procs you have on your weapon(s).

when x = 1, chance of a proc is of course 5%.

when x = 4 (most proc toons), proc chance is around 18%.

when x = 6, your proc chance is around 26%.

And if you could somehow get 20 procs on your weapons, chance of a proc going off would be around 64%.

Zergs
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Zergs » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:22 pm

If you hit less often you will proc less often. Unless you've got a build that can afford to lose 300+ ATR and still reliable hit your opponents, the prefix procs will actually make you proc less often.
My idea is to use it on UA char, so defcut and blind will provide reilable hits. How far away from speed cap are you without speed prefix and in off stance on UA char?

aeroch
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by aeroch » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:27 pm

Zergs wrote:
My idea is to use it on UA char, so defcut and blind will provide reilable hits. How far away from speed cap are you without speed prefix and in off stance on UA char?
doomfist = base 24.1 attack speed

gm rogue offensive stance = -25% attack delay

24.1*(1-.25) = 18.08 attack speed

gm alacrity buff = -40.8% delay

18.08 * (1-.408) = 10.7

speed cap is 10, so you're just about there

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... p/Formulas

Zergs
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Zergs » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:39 pm

Thanks for all the math guys. Ok so you'd get at least 7%-8% additional proc chance.

Can we get double proc vendor pretty please? :mrgreen:

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by longblade » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Zergs wrote:Well in theory you should have 10% more chance, totaling at 30% chance for something to happen. Maybe there's a hidden algorithm that we aren't aware of. Longblade what type of weapon were you using? I think this would be a great time to test if for UA/SD toons since you can get higher atr with the same amount of trains as before.

Would any of housed ppl be willing to roll me a pair of these? I lapdance you long time. :D
I tested double procs primarily on my rogue barbarians using balanced daggers against big meat with no sheilds. I tested:
Stam/Stam
Stam/Vamp
Stam/various nukes
Nuke*/Vamp
*there was only one nuking prefix I was able to put on my daggs, but I can't remember which element it was.

The thing I noted was that the prefix seemed to go off more than the suffix. The overall additional procs didn't seem to increase as much as when a proc is cast on a weapon. It's been a while so I don't remember the exact numbers.

Maximiliuss
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Maximiliuss » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:04 pm

It's garbage.

If you are playing a rogue assassin and you cant stun another rogue in P stance without any buffs/debuffs, you are a worthless rogue Assassin.

Maybe try a mage?

Dalonis
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Dalonis » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Zergs wrote:
Ajushi wrote:You lose atr mods. not really worth it. It's definitely been tried.
Yeah you do, but for a O-stancer with defcut and blind, my guess loss of attr is not that big of a deal. Plus you are pretty close to speed cap.
Your losing well over 300 ATR if your doing two weapons. Trust me its not worth it.

UmbraSprite
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by UmbraSprite » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Humor the guy for fuks sake! God forbid someone play something that isn't statistically the best possible. I personally enjoy the challenge of killing people with my "gimped" toons.

Return to “Assassin, Harbinger of Death”