Snow Terror

Re: Favorite Assassin Build?

Post by Badmoon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 am

PVP101 wrote:
Stealthynight wrote:Ierekei
Rogue Assassin
Sundancer
pure Dex/Int
Holy proc both weapons and constantly keep poison proc on both weapons.

weapon
Highest atk dmg
+4dex/+4int/ Holy proc on both weapons

armour +4dex +4 int etc

Come out of stealth with hp regen back stab DOT
then stun

battle only lasts seconds usually by the end of first stun
most builds cant even hit it due to the enormous amount of dodge and debuffs. use Atk and delay skill as well helps alot :)

if fighting a Dex Dodge based rogue battle takes about 4-5 seconds.

never lost a 1vs1 fight. :)
Indeed This Is A Very Deadly Temp Tho The Reason Is Locking It Down Not So Much The Typewriter DPS Effect.Quad Procing Also Helps With The Ambush ;D.But Basically Time Your Stuns&PB's And They Wont Have A Chance To Do Anything.Just Be More Wary Of Those Moos & Slayer Focused Sins.[Two Thumbs Up]

Killing on my SD assy is easy as 1-2-3.
Chilling Shadows at the start>Def Cut>Blind>Throw up a steal breath for the extra damage while blinded real fast then>9secStun>(switch to offensive stancE)>rape face using certain weap powers>At the end of the stun, use powerblock so you almost get another 3 seconds of them not doing Skah!>IF they are still alive, ATR cut and use AOE blind(I put 20 points in it but I play differently)>again switch to offensive while their blind is on and take them out.
I rarely EVER lost on this toon. Its one weakness was the problem with bow scouts/birds that just would kite and run/stealth.
Black Crown IC

"Badmooning" - To go afk at a time of importance due to a Skah! wife or cranky children.

PVP101
Snobo
Snobo

Post by PVP101 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:12 am

Well Said Thats Why IMO BEST 1v1 Sin.Yeah Those Kiters Are A Nuisance.Really Depends On Who gets The Jump,Also The Stun From Shadowbolt/Snare From Grasp Of Breathe Helps Close The Gap In Those Situations XD.

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:26 am

PVP101 wrote:Well Said Thats Why IMO BEST 1v1 Sin.Yeah Those Kiters Are A Nuisance.Really Depends On Who gets The Jump,Also The Stun From Shadowbolt/Snare From Grasp Of Breathe Helps Close The Gap In Those Situations XD.
Even with shadowbolt, or even a gmd steal breath a half decent scout will have no problem getting away. He will snare you and then with his running and two sprints he's faster than you even if he's got sb on him.
Black Crown IC

"Badmooning" - To go afk at a time of importance due to a Skah! wife or cranky children.

cromthegreat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by cromthegreat » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:52 pm

I took wyrmslayer just for the cold dot with spear on my mage assassin thought it was fun

dorfinger
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by dorfinger » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:04 am

Omnius wrote:Shade Mage Assassin

Pure glass build of all int. Kill almost anyone before the stun wears off. This is one of those builds that just insults peoples' intelligence because it will either die in 1 hit or kill you during an extended stun.
Is Shadowbolt fixed ?

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Mage - Irekei or Shade for obvious reasons. Irekei for slightly more ATR and Shade for more damage. Leaning towards Shade post patch just to mess with people with an extra long death shroud

Rogue - Human UA or Irekei SD. Probably leaning more towards Irekei post patch since the amount of trains you save with double SD > the number of free trains a Human gets (since Humans still get 1:1 UAM trains)

Marksman
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Marksman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:46 am

coolstream wrote:35 con
170 int
120~ spi
shade
CC staff
shroudborn

GOOD TIMES :twisted:

Montek
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Montek » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:52 am

Ireki rogue bow proccer, high def, high int,
stun, and spam shadowbolt while while firing in o-stance

I go ireki for the high run speed

Barfelonous
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Barfelonous » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Now that SM is broken assassins are useless

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:43 am

Barfelonous wrote:Now that SM is broken assassins are useless
smh, have you even played?
Assys are still vital.
Black Crown IC

Memorex
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Memorex » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:45 pm

I have to Vote for my dual Khans Mage Assassin. :)

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by longblade » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:29 am

Stealthynight wrote:Ierekei
Rogue Assassin
Sundancer
pure Dex/Int
Holy proc both weapons and constantly keep poison proc on both weapons.

weapon
Highest atk dmg
+4dex/+4int/ Holy proc on both weapons

armour +4dex +4 int etc
Where is the +4dex/+4int coming from on the armor and weapons?

Firebat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Firebat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:35 am

Pure glass build of all int. Kill almost anyone before the stun wears off. This is one of those builds that just insults peoples' intelligence because it will either die in 1 hit or kill you during an extended stun.

can someone explain this build to a noob?

Saal
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Saal » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:01 pm

Firebat wrote:

Essentially, you completely give up on any hope of making your toon survivable and max out on the damage. Maximum intelligence (which affects max spell dmg, atr, and focus lines), max spirit (which ups the min spell dmg, and I think a bit to atr as well), use a Crimson Circle staff (+30% dmg elite mage staff), gold shadowmastery, etc etc. You hit your opponent with your 9 second stun and the shroudbourne (shade-only discipline) cold resist debuff and just nuke the Skah! outta him/her in the hopes you can drop 'em prior to the stun wearing off. If they survive the stun....you most likely die.

This is one of the more popular "glass cannon" builds, which are caster builds designed purely for offensive dmg with very low survivability. Not recommended for newbies.
Sig by Vervandi
Gooya wrote:This is the most successful troll thread in the whole history of shadowbane.
diesl80 wrote:Please cry somewhere else this game is serious and I take everything here serious.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Firebat wrote:

There's a way better build than this one that does tons more damage and actually has good survivability. 1v1, it can kill any char in the game, however it's extremely gear dependent. And that's a sundancer mage assassin with legendary or peerless khans/rha's of vampyre.

You get R25 SD powers on a mage, which is great. You always open with a power block, then blind, then 9s stun, then chilling shadows, then steal breath, bleed, your second power block, and proceed to chain cast shadowbolts. You're hitting them 4x per round with 4 procs (2 vampyre, 2 T4 poison) while standing on Offensive stance. That's a 20% chance per round to proc. Your poison procs hit for 900+ on average, and your vamps hit for around 400-500, which also heals you for 400-500. Your bleed is ticking for around 60, your steal breath is ticking for around 150-200, and your shadowbolts are hitting for 300-400 every couple seconds or so.

Your target has no alacrity anymore because you stripped it with chilling shadows which also debuffed them another 25% slower weapon speed for a total of -70% weapon speed, so they're swinging at you like once every couple rounds. They're also blinded, so their ATR is Skah!. If you hit them with weakening and your SD ATR debuff, you have around 1200 defense, so they will be missing you every swing too as their ATR will be under 1000.

You also have mantle, so healers and even priests are easy. Blood prophet disc gives you a small HoT too. I can kill 8k hp mino's with this char in a matter of seconds and be standing there with near full health from the vamp proc heals. You can slow 2h weapon users down so much they only swing like once every 3 rounds. And you can easily debuff their ATR way below your defense, so they may not ever even hit you. Very few realize they needed to use a def cut on a mage, but even then your vamp procs usually just heal you right up. They usually die and then send me tells going "WTF just happened!?"

The only chars that can give this char a tough time are other chars with power blocks, like UA scouts, hammer sentinels, hammer saders. But they have to get the jump on you first and open with a power block before you do otherwise they are easy. With 150% UA and 130 sundancing + precise trait at creation + 35 int rune + all int/con jewelry, your ATR in O stance is about 1700. So after blind, there's really nobody you can't hit. And if they ATR cut you, you can do weakening and an R25 def cut on them. And that's just in O stance. If you go to P stance, literally there is nothing in this game you can't hit no matter what. You don't get as big of procs in P stance, but it still doesn't matter, the DPS is still so insane, Skah! still dies in seconds either way.

That said, if you get more than 1 char on you at a time, it's hard to survive with 3k hps and 45 melee resists, and having blown your blind on one target already. But it's certainly not impossible with lucky vamp procs healing you, and if you can get a root or stun on the other attacker. Or, you get lucky with procs and just kill your first target in a few seconds, which often happens.

The rest of the gear you wear is simply a mix of double pierce/slash/crush cloth sleeveless tunic, sleeves, legs, and gloves, then int/con/MR hood, neck, rings. Occasionally you swap in some resist jewelry depending on what you're fighting.

But again, this char is so gear specific and takes practice to learn, that it's no way recommended for new players. You only roll this if you got it all. But if you can make this exactly as I've stated, you'll laugh at the amazing Skah! you can kill and how incredible this thing is.

Saal
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Saal » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Blyster wrote:That's a 20% chance per round to proc.
Your math is off a bit here. Solid toon though.
Sig by Vervandi
Gooya wrote:This is the most successful troll thread in the whole history of shadowbane.
diesl80 wrote:Please cry somewhere else this game is serious and I take everything here serious.

xilic
Snobo
Snobo

Post by xilic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Saal wrote:
qft. it's more like 18.6% :p

irekei sd is really quite excellent. in small-scale pvp the extra run speed of irekie helps (not perfectly though) the assy keep up with the scout and any other toons. the ua bonus also slightly offsets the tight train situation.
play to crush! - Pyn/LB

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Saal wrote:
Not sure what I'm missing on my calculation.

It's 5% chance to proc on any given landed hit. And if there's 4 hits landing per round, and each one of those has a 5% chance to proc, then why wouldn't that be 5% x 4 = 20?

xilic
Snobo
Snobo

Post by xilic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Blyster wrote:
Saal wrote:
Not sure what I'm missing on my calculation.

It's 5% chance to proc on any given landed hit. And if there's 4 hits landing per round, and each one of those has a 5% chance to proc, then why wouldn't that be 5% x 4 = 20?
each of the 4 hits per round is independent so you can't just multiply the chance per hit by the number of hits. what you can do though is calculate the chance of *no* procs going off across all 4 rounds which is 0.95^4. you can subtract that from 1.0 (100%) to find out what the chance of 1 or more procs going off is.
play to crush! - Pyn/LB

Saal
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Saal » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Yeah, probability is kinda a Skah! and non-linear like that. Another way to look at it is that each of those procs still "compete" with each other to land on the same hits sometimes, so it doesn't come out to a flat 20%. If each proc had a 25% chance of going off and you had 4, you still wouldn't proc 100% of the time.
Last edited by Saal on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by Vervandi

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by zenjah » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

Saal
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Saal » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm

There's the link I was looking for. thanks jah :)

It's more or less irrelevant though, given how fast UA is and the minor percentage difference you're going to land procs roughly 1 in 5 hits regardless.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't see any reason why one couldn't code for 4 procs=20% total proc chance. There wouldn't but any reason to do so, and I don't have any reason to believe Wolfpack did so, but it would be far from the first retarded string of code they injected into this Skah! addicting POS game. Now I'm curious O.o

Double Edit: Nevermind, AdamWest confirmed in viewtopic.php?f=357&t=20456 that the code is set up to calculate probability of proccing in accordance with legit maths. Go Wolfpack, lol.
Sig by Vervandi

Return to “Assassin, Harbinger of Death”