Procing Barb

Bruskie
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Procing Barb

Post by Bruskie » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 pm

toying with the idea of a procing rogue bird barb. any one ever done this before?

going to go undead hunter and maybe throwing hammers? ill use the 44 % throwing hammers for the speed, or would axes be better? has any one ever tryed not going throwing? also will take undead hunter for the proc off of that as well as a holy proc weps.
Blood & Iron

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Re: Procing Barb

Post by longblade » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:04 pm

I had some insane fun with this. There is no rogue that can beat this build once you're comfortable with it. This is a low dps build, but sooner or later there will be a proc burst that takes out whatever soft target your facing. My preference is to go daggers. You have stam for days and most of the melee dps gets reduced to almost nothing with hammers or daggs, so you might as well get the better proccing option.

Bird is superior in most ways, but human has better dps and is fun if you have skills on the ground.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:30 am

Dont use throwing weapons imo. Ua is much better. King of pains are orgasmic. Put vamp procs on ur barb and you have good dps and u can beat out or stand toe to toe with the toughest fighter barbs on ur proccing rogue. Its surely a very fun and versatile toon.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Well off the bat here's what I think (+1 to the idea of UA, you'll have more DPS than throwing and still have great procs)
Pros
-Massive HP pool
-Ability for decent defense (if that's what you're into)
-UH
-Same WP levels as UA scouts with tons more HP
-Dodge

Cons
-Class defining spell eliminates your defense (though if you have to use rage, more than likely your attacker is hitting you just fine anyway, so possible moot point)
-Mediocre P-stance coupled with a meager -21% defense cut
-Poor D-stance (looking at +15% defense @PR15 vs +25% @PR40)

I've dueled both int/con proc barbs and hybrid defense/proc barbs. Even with rage up the defense barb was still dodging a good majority of my attacks. If I ever have enough time to get back into SB I might roll a defense/procing barb.

ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by ScrappyDoo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:18 am

UA proccing barbs are nice to play. I personally like the int/con hybrid over def. The main reason for going barb negates your def.

The other great tool of a proccing rogue barb is GM vengence. You obviously can pick and choose the fights vs warriors and other fighter based toons and/or healers. However, the influx of UA scouts that can pop you and get the jump on you quickly backfires on them when they are getting punished for every landed shot. Not to mention the resist/dodge builds that you face have a disadvantage when you pop your AoE stun essentially negating all of their defenses.

Another proccing barb option is a wyrmslayer spear rogue barb. I've toyed with a Neph wyrmslayer spear proccing rogue barb with an int/con build. The DoT is huge vs some other rogues especially if you couple it with the rogue taking dmg per hit from your vengence. The set back with spear on a rogue barb are terrible weapon powers and they obviously won't hit as fast as UA does. But with the DoT dmg, the DoT's snare, and slightly higher melee damage per hit it almost offsets.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:28 am

Steffa97 wrote:Well off the bat here's what I think (+1 to the idea of UA, you'll have more DPS than throwing and still have great procs)
Pros
-Massive HP pool
-UH
-Dodge

Cons
-Class defining spell eliminates your defense (though if you have to use rage, more than likely your attacker is hitting you just fine anyway, so possible moot point)

I've dueled both int/con proc barbs and hybrid defense/proc barbs. Even with rage up the defense barb was still dodging a good majority of my attacks. If I ever have enough time to get back into SB I might roll a defense/procing barb.
def barbs are candy toon bad ideas. Well...if u went human and too int-165, dex-95, you might do alright with 2k def and around 4khp all while proccing for 400-800.

when u rage u should be around 5.5khp or so, thus you can do off stance and be fine....especially with gold dodge.

for armor purposes irekei might be the best choice for their armor or aelfborn. Barb la still does give decent def.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:32 am

The off stance barbs are best though
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am

tooshifty wrote:
Steffa97 wrote:Well off the bat here's what I think (+1 to the idea of UA, you'll have more DPS than throwing and still have great procs)
Pros
-Massive HP pool
-UH
-Dodge

Cons

def barbs are candy toon bad ideas. Well...if u went human and too int-165, dex-95, you might do alright with 2k def and around 4khp all while proccing for 400-800.

when u rage u should be around 5.5khp or so, thus you can do off stance and be fine....especially with gold dodge.

for armor purposes irekei might be the best choice for their armor or aelfborn. Barb la still does give decent def.
I've been gone too long if Irekei can now go barb :lol:

Bruskie
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Bruskie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:42 am

Steffa97 wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
Pros
-Massive HP pool
-UH
-Dodge

Cons

thanks all for the wonderful ideas!

no i dont think goat hurders can be barbs.
Blood & Iron

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:12 am

Steffa97 wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
Pros
-Massive HP pool
-UH
-Dodge

Cons

Yup i was thinking bard i guess o.0. They cannot be barbs.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Return to “Barbarian, Savage of the Northlands”