help with aelf mage bard

Tavik25
Snobo
Snobo

help with aelf mage bard

Post by Tavik25 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:49 pm

is an aelf mage bard bm with emphasis on melee longblade viable for solo ganking or would it be a waste of time and go rogue?

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: help with aelf mage bard

Post by Mantis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Whether it's a waste of time or not is up to you, but with no passive defense and only wearing cloth, I don't think it's wise to be in melee range vs a lot of toons. The mage has a 9 second stun, but you won't be able to kill anything in 9 seconds on any mage bard. The rogue version is perfectly viable. Arguing for mage>rogue in this situation is probably a losing battle. But if you did give it a try, I'd be curious to see how it works out.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:28 am

blademaster(if you want the long blade) mage bards arent bad....if you focus on lots of con and dex. mostly though they are candy toons.

Your mage weapon powers suck, but mage debuffs make up for that. You also are heavily resistant to everything.

I would
-get max con ....so end game 4.4khp possibility with good gear.
-go hp regen
-apply runecaster and switch to off stance and heal in emergencies
-human blademaster
-train the dex and int mage debuffs
-hp, dmg, sos, and stam regen buffs for this beta phase
-i would try to get 1.4k def at least too. it will force a lot of toons to attack you in precise stance after they are stripped and debuffed.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:35 am

oh p.s. it will probably be a viable solo ganking toon in the next phase. for now it makes a great group toon.

for now though everyone will get the drop on u in 1v1 pvp unless your rolling farmers and afks.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:13 am

They are not viable at all.

However, you could try and make a regular caster mage bard, and then just OCASIONALLY use BM powers (most notably the PB) to fuck up people.

P.S. The new patch will probably change things a bit, but I think they will turn for the worse for mage bards.
Up to this point they were the only mages that had track. In return, they didn`t have access to invisibility of any sort. Now all mages will get a track of some sort.
So, I think that for soloing most other mage profesions will be better.
TSCCC IC

Return to “Bard, Keeper of Lore”