Bard Staff

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Bard Staff

Post by cashmoneyflow » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:54 am

Holam wrote:I realize that bards do not get decent staff powers LVL5 (unless I missed something recently). They should at least get LVL10 although LVL20 would make this a more viable rogue toon to candy around on. They do have a Long Staff (100% staff) with baked in bardsong. Thoughts, concerns? I stay up too late thinking about these things.
Yeah I thought level 5 was pretty weak sauce too.
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:40 am

The staff is extremely fast. Its a 2h proc weapon and u can make something thats more than a candy toon with this weapon.

This one time at bard camp I mad a 3.8khp def stance, staff bard. i basically maxed con and put the rest in to dex( would have mkre hp but....resist jewels). It hit pretty hard(but didnt proc). Shit could hit it, but if i debuffed them then they needed precise to hit me, so their damage was defunked.

i got the odd staff kill, which was rewarding, but it was a survival support build so i was never really attacking anything ever.

Dps build wise there are lots of viable options and races that work.

-high con neph mage proc bard .....regen 0.0
-human/aelf high con mage ((all dex(better off with bm), dex/proc, or all proc))
-irekei high con and regen, bp/rc/uh/bh for solo pvp oddness.(i like sd more than staff and bh ,and its my fav bard build)
-human rogue cross caster builds with max int(other races wont have enough points and the high int helps pump out more points). It is also important to take bm for the armor even though its the only thing u will need from the rune. Bard armor is garbage. Bards take more effort than other toons to solo pvp. Thers A lot more shit going on to be as effective.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:44 am

Holam wrote:Also, high sword powers... has anyone made a sword bard?
yes every kind. Rogues and mages alike work. They still get 40% melee dmg buffs too i think as long as u take a knight rune.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:52 am

tooshifty wrote:The staff is extremely fast. Its a 2h proc weapon and u can make something thats more than a candy toon with this weapon.

This one time at bard camp I mad a 3.8khp def stance, staff bard. i basically maxed con and put the rest in to dex( would have mkre hp but....resist jewels). It hit pretty hard(but didnt proc). Skah! could hit it, but if i debuffed them then they needed precise to hit me, so their damage was defunked.

i got the odd staff kill, which was rewarding, but it was a survival support build so i was never really attacking anything ever.

-human/aelf high con mage ((all dex(better off with bm), dex/proc, or all proc))
-irekei high con and regen, bp/rc/uh/bh for solo pvp oddness.(i like sd more than staff and bh ,and its my fav bard build)
-human rogue cross caster builds with max int(other races wont have enough points and the high int helps pump out more points). It is also important to take bm for the armor even though its the only thing u will need from the rune. Bard armor is garbage. Bards take more effort than other toons to solo pvp. Thers A lot more Skah! going on to be as effective.
If I made a rogue staff bard (which is something I`m contemplating for a while now), I`d just make it a pure caster.
Take note, I`m aware that that toon would not be particularly good.
TSCCC IC

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:06 am

Sek wrote:
tooshifty wrote:The staff is extremely fast. Its a 2h proc weapon and u can make something thats more than a candy toon with this weapon.

This one time at bard camp I mad a 3.8khp def stance, staff bard. i basically maxed con and put the rest in to dex( would have mkre hp but....resist jewels). It hit pretty hard(but didnt proc). Skah! could hit it, but if i debuffed them then they needed precise to hit me, so their damage was defunked.

-human rogue cross caster builds with max int(other races wont have enough points and the high int helps pump out more points). It is also important to take bm for the armor even though its the only thing u will need from the rune. Bard armor is garbage. Bards take more effort than other toons to solo pvp. Thers A lot more Skah! going on to be as effective.
If I made a rogue staff bard (which is something I`m contemplating for a while now), I`d just make it a pure caster.
Take note, I`m aware that that toon would not be particularly good.
They are actually very good toons. If u play them right u can solo pvp most things in to the ground. They are just very hard to play is all. Proc bow def caster bards work better imo for group and solo.

They are also hard to build. Thats why u never see them. No one knows their potential apparently.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Return to “Bard, Keeper of Lore”