Stun 40 (Grand Master)
Unleash Blight 9 (Apprentice)
Sign of Gellegur 40 (Grand Master)
Unleash the Taint 40 (Grand Master)
Glimpse of the Pit 40 (Grand Master)
Vel'khev's Kiss 10 (Apprentice)
Sign of Vel'khev 40 (Grand Master)
Vengeance of the Pit 40 (Grand Master)
Blight of Throol'hroon Gen'aa 1 (Untrained)
The Green Death 40 (Grand Master)
The Crimson Pact 1 (Untrained)

165 atr + something staff
int/con jewels
cc gloves
resist infernal cloth

:?:
"If I don't know what I'm doing, my enemy certainly can't anticipate my future actions!"

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Re: Is this how you make a neph mage doomy?

Post by Amaz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:34 pm

Yeah. It looks good, I do it a little different.

I dont take the root because you are bound to have the damage dot on your opponent, which will break it, and you can fly and have a personal debuff stripper. I dont personally take weakening or enfeeblement either because you have a GM blind. I GM both the DD drains because they hit hard and will take an opponent out fast if you get a some breathing room. One point in both the DoT conversions to perma-fly they only last 30 seconds and have a 60 second recast. I usually GM Blight of Throol'hroon Gen'aa and Dread Curse of Veshteroth, especially the later, instantly dropping 40% off a caster's Warding/Benediction/Sorcery/Restoration and their focus skill is obscene for 40 points, and cripples the output of a healer until they run out of mana (heal priest with 140 resto heals with 84 resto for half a minute)
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Khal » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 pm

I agree on weakening, enfeeblement is nice, -60 spi before mana draining is nice. I generally only 1 pt blight. Regen isn't a huge thing now, 1 pt for -50% hr has always seemed to be the best return IMO.

As for the drains...I do like GM unleash blight for the heals. Drains are funny, the damage done doesn't really increase a ton from training it, the conversion rate is what changes a lot. On a Mage doomy, this is the only way you are gonna get health back, so I would say GM the DD health drain. Mana is your call, you'll be set on mana from the DoT, and leaving it low will still allow you to hurt someone's mana, while freeing up points.
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Rewen wrote:Art thou enraged?

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Amaz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Yeah that's fair, you are probably right about Blight, I haven't played a mage doomie since the stacking regen era. I dont take the DD mana for my own mana replenishment so much as for one shooting a hybrids mana pool, blind + stun + dd mana drain + dot mana drain is a good way to [fluffy bunnies] off a templar or nuketress. So many people only take one point in Veshteroth which seems a shame as it screws over so many casters and its an instant cast.

Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Deathmarch » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:19 pm

yeah i never train roots, every fight is always a 1v1 so like why bother, and damage dots break them too fast anyways so it's not like you can root them for 5 seconds to give yourself space to kite.

Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Khal » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Root is fun when you're fighting 2+ people, and want to keep someone in place until its their turn :P
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.

Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Deathmarch » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:50 pm

that was my point lol

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Amaz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:35 pm

A doomie that wants to stay alive usually has the health drain dot on as many people as he can find, 300/tick coming in from a second target > a root they will probably break.

Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Khal » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am

True, but a health dot on 3 targets with the 4th rooted>that

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:01 am

I'd only train the root if I planned on doing GvG with the toon. Other than that 1 train would suffice.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Amaz » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:16 am

I would play a healer anyway ;-)

12% power damage, a stun and a weak damage absorber isn't worth losing LA resists, heals, block and summon.

killrsx
Snobo
Snobo

Post by killrsx » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:39 am

Just looking for some critique on my build, what kind of advice do you have?

-------The Basics---------

Race: Nephilim
Class: Mage
Profession: Doomsayer

------Applied Runes-------

Warlord's Page
Healthy as an Ox
Brilliant Mind
Legendary Intelligence
Heroic Constitution

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 40/140
Dexterity: 5/55
Constitution: 140/140
Intelligence: 175/175
Spirit: 46/75

----------Skills----------

Sorcery 106% (60 trains)
Staff 101% (59 trains)
Warding 56% (10 trains)
Corruption 132% (86 trains)

----------Powers----------

Shielding 40 (Grand Master)
Blood Boil 40 (Grand Master) - Not 100% sure if stun would be better?
Unleash Blight 40 (Grand Master)
Vel'khev's Kiss 10 (Apprentice)
The Crimson Binding 10 (Apprentice)
The Black Binding 10 (Apprentice)
Halgannon's Armor 40 (Grand Master) - is this worth having, should i drop points?
Vengeance of the Pit 40 (Grand Master)
Sign of Vel'khev 40 (Grand Master)
Glimpse of the Pit 40 (Grand Master)
Sign of Gellegur 40 (Grand Master)
The Green Death 40 (Grand Master)
Unleash the Taint 40 (Grand Master)
Spectral Bonds 5 (Beginner)

----------------Gear------------------------------
CC staff (don't know if the +20% stacks..)
int/con jewels,
dont know about cloth, whether to go doomie robe or res cloth?
CC gloves

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mantis » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Amaz wrote:I would play a healer anyway ;-)

12% power damage, a stun and a weak damage absorber isn't worth losing LA resists, heals, block and summon.
LA resists are garbage. Mages will have better resists, root, stun(immunity), better damage, which on a doomsayer is better for survivability, access to better disciplines like battle magus and archmage, and a DA that basically negates backstabs. Heals and summons are nice and all, but it sucks doing smallscale pvp with absolutely no crowd control. Plus on a non-mino, you are just going to get stunned and then die.

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Amaz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Mantis wrote:

LA resists are garbage. Mages will have better resists, root, stun(immunity), better damage, which on a doomsayer is better for survivability, access to better disciplines like battle magus and archmage, and a DA that basically negates backstabs. Heals and summons are nice and all, but it sucks doing smallscale pvp with absolutely no crowd control. Plus on a non-mino, you are just going to get stunned and then die.
In roguebane you will get bled to death by the first bowscout you meet.

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mantis » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:07 pm

Amaz wrote:
Mantis wrote:

Scouts will try to kill you, for sure, but all you have to do is stack pierce resists and find a mob. A scout should never be able to bleed-kill anything with a drain. Healers will be able to outheal scouts without mobs, but they won't even be able to get in range to nuke the scout. At least mages have 120 range root and stun. There is a degree of preference to it; healers are cerainly viable. I'm just defending mages. Not being able to kill the most common builds out there due to lack of crowd control and what have you is a deal-breaker for me.

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 pm

Amaz wrote:
Mantis wrote:

I'd rather healer as well, but you could avoid this by just draining nearby mobs. That vamp scout mentality yo.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Amaz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Telemakus wrote:
Amaz wrote:
Mantis wrote:
I'd rather healer as well, but you could avoid this by just draining nearby mobs. That vamp scout mentality yo.
The vamp scout has the def, dodge and speed not to get hit by the mobs, the problem I always had with this, especially on Obli or RoC, is that the scout bleeds you, if you move to a mob and slap a drain on it, the scout def debuffs you, and you get a mob wailing on you for 300+ as well as the scout hitting you!

Return to “Doomsayer, Devotee of Chaos”