Why ruin the buffstrip!?

Wolaz2
Snobo
Snobo

Why ruin the buffstrip!?

Post by Wolaz2 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:13 pm

I have NO idea who came up with the "genius" idea to remove one of the best tools in a doomies' arsenal from play by making sure that Gellegur's baleful binding is no longer a buff strip but instead a debuff strip, but I REALLY hope it's just a terrible mistake. For me, it's like making Sway the balance remove debuffs.

Was there a huge problem with doomsayers being too powerful and popular? Was it just a "let's get drunk and change stuff" thing? My mino doomie could actually take down a lot of toons by slowly stripping them of all buffs. Now I get to do Green death and then cry.

Is there a fix coming for this (as I truly hope it is) bug/accidental change?

Tahllol
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Re: Why ruin the buffstrip!?

Post by Tahllol » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:46 pm

Wolaz2 wrote:I have NO idea who came up with the "genius" idea to remove one of the best tools in a doomies' arsenal from play by making sure that Gellegur's baleful binding is no longer a buff strip but instead a debuff strip, but I REALLY hope it's just a terrible mistake. For me, it's like making Sway the balance remove debuffs.

Was there a huge problem with doomsayers being too powerful and popular? Was it just a "let's get drunk and change stuff" thing? My mino doomie could actually take down a lot of toons by slowly stripping them of all buffs. Now I get to do Green death and then cry.

Is there a fix coming for this (as I truly hope it is) bug/accidental change?
Sorry but this is working as intended, it is not a mage so it only gets nerfed with each patch. Now if you were a mage we would buff you with each patch.

Wolaz2
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Wolaz2 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:49 pm

The horrible thing is, you might actually be right.
They've forced doomies to become some kind of pathetic wanna-be priests now it seems, because each and every option (started at a grand total of one) to dispell buffs (albeit slowly and taking a lot of skill to stay alive long enough to do) to strip dexmonkeys down to a level where a mino doomie can hit them, was taken away by a change of a combat power into a group support power that is performed SO much better by priests and bards anyway. Can we have Gravechill changed to a "Dispell all debuffs on a friendly target" just to continue the theme?

Tahllol
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Tahllol » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Wolaz2 wrote:The horrible thing is, you might actually be right.
They've forced doomies to become some kind of pathetic wanna-be priests now it seems, because each and every option (started at a grand total of one) to dispell buffs (albeit slowly and taking a lot of skill to stay alive long enough to do) to strip dexmonkeys down to a level where a mino doomie can hit them, was taken away by a change of a combat power into a group support power that is performed SO much better by priests and bards anyway. Can we have Gravechill changed to a "Dispell all debuffs on a friendly target" just to continue the theme?

ROFL nope that is a mage class, Gravechill will be buff to instant death with no recast timer and instant cast.

Bodlede
Snobo
Snobo

Why ruin the buffstrip

Post by Bodlede » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 am

were you not the 14 year old boy saying he is frigid?
sure youre not just a poof instead.

ClydegaL
Snobo
Snobo

Why ruin the buffstrip

Post by ClydegaL » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:48 am

And what makes you discount all the previous by some of us who are trained historians....and a profession which disagrees with you?

Return to “Doomsayer, Devotee of Chaos”