Farming Druid

Post Reply
zdavood
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Farming Druid

Post by zdavood » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:17 pm

The following is a elf Druid build created for farming. It is high Defense. This, once created should be able to farm most anything. Only downfall is that if you get d cut you will die very fast. Con is low but he has enough to maintain some hp with heals If you are actively playing it. Or if you are botting and looting with the second account you will have time to switch and heal em if needed but in pvp i would not count on em much. Took the 30 int because i don't think there is a reason to go with a 40 int on a farming toon 30 works just as good. at the end there are 107 points left they should be distributed towards the pre req for eq and the call lightning spell. i did not take the hedge of thorns because its pointless for farming and all it dose is consume mana. With this build you should be able to continually farm a camp if you have the right macro set up that re concs you and puts you back in D stance :)

-------The Basics---------

Race: Elf
Class: Healer
Profession: Druid

------Applied Runes-------

Brilliant Mind
Wizard's Apprentice
Heroic Intelligence
Huntsman

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 30/70
Dexterity: 140/140
Constitution: 47/65
Intelligence: 170/170
Spirit: 40/95

----------Skills----------

Benediction 59% (15 trains)
Restoration 52% (9 trains)
Wear Armor, Light 151% (105 trains)
Block 140% (104 trains)
Nature Lore 143% (108 trains)

----------Powers----------

Blessed Mending 20 (Journeyman)
Regrowth 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of Thorns 20 (Journeyman)
Blessing of the Grove 40 (Grand Master)
Earthquake 40 (Grand Master)
Call Lightning 40 (Grand Master)

There are 107 Points that will be left at this point The calculator i was using didn't have all the skills. I know there are pre reqs for eq and the call lightning i would use the points to fill those then the rest id dump into what i thought would be useful.
Image

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Moco » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:55 pm

zdavood wrote:The following is a elf Druid build created for farming. It is high Defense. This, once created should be able to farm most anything. Only downfall is that if you get d cut you will die very fast. Con is low but he has enough to maintain some hp with heals If you are actively playing it. Or if you are botting and looting with the second account you will have time to switch and heal em if needed but in pvp i would not count on em much. Took the 30 int because i don't think there is a reason to go with a 40 int on a farming toon 30 works just as good. at the end there are 107 points left they should be distributed towards the pre req for eq and the call lightning spell. i did not take the hedge of thorns because its pointless for farming and all it dose is consume mana. With this build you should be able to continually farm a camp if you have the right macro set up that re concs you and puts you back in D stance :)

-------The Basics---------

Race: Elf
Class: Healer
Profession: Druid

------Applied Runes-------

Brilliant Mind
Wizard's Apprentice
Heroic Intelligence
Huntsman

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 30/70
Dexterity: 140/140
Constitution: 47/65
Intelligence: 170/170
Spirit: 40/95

----------Skills----------

Benediction 59% (15 trains)
Restoration 52% (9 trains)
Wear Armor, Light 151% (105 trains)
Block 140% (104 trains)
Nature Lore 143% (108 trains)

----------Powers----------

Blessed Mending 20 (Journeyman)
Regrowth 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of Thorns 20 (Journeyman)
Blessing of the Grove 40 (Grand Master)
Earthquake 40 (Grand Master)
Call Lightning 40 (Grand Master)

There are 107 Points that will be left at this point The calculator i was using didn't have all the skills. I know there are pre reqs for eq and the call lightning i would use the points to fill those then the rest id dump into what i thought would be useful.
There are no spell pre reqs for EQ/CL except x amount of Nature Lore, FYI the build has too low spirit & restoration to be able to hold itself up for hours on end
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

zdavood
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by zdavood » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Moco wrote:
zdavood wrote:The following is a elf Druid build created for farming. It is high Defense. This, once created should be able to farm most anything. Only downfall is that if you get d cut you will die very fast. Con is low but he has enough to maintain some hp with heals If you are actively playing it. Or if you are botting and looting with the second account you will have time to switch and heal em if needed but in pvp i would not count on em much. Took the 30 int because i don't think there is a reason to go with a 40 int on a farming toon 30 works just as good. at the end there are 107 points left they should be distributed towards the pre req for eq and the call lightning spell. i did not take the hedge of thorns because its pointless for farming and all it dose is consume mana. With this build you should be able to continually farm a camp if you have the right macro set up that re concs you and puts you back in D stance :)

-------The Basics---------

Race: Elf
Class: Healer
Profession: Druid

------Applied Runes-------

Brilliant Mind
Wizard's Apprentice
Heroic Intelligence
Huntsman

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 30/70
Dexterity: 140/140
Constitution: 47/65
Intelligence: 170/170
Spirit: 40/95

----------Skills----------

Benediction 59% (15 trains)
Restoration 52% (9 trains)
Wear Armor, Light 151% (105 trains)
Block 140% (104 trains)
Nature Lore 143% (108 trains)

----------Powers----------

Blessed Mending 20 (Journeyman)
Regrowth 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of Thorns 20 (Journeyman)
Blessing of the Grove 40 (Grand Master)
Earthquake 40 (Grand Master)
Call Lightning 40 (Grand Master)

There are 107 Points that will be left at this point The calculator i was using didn't have all the skills. I know there are pre reqs for eq and the call lightning i would use the points to fill those then the rest id dump into what i thought would be useful.
There are no spell pre reqs for EQ/CL except x amount of Nature Lore, FYI the build has too low spirit & restoration to be able to hold itself up for hours on end
With a conc on and your blessing of the grove and the jewelry that gives you the mana regen if you have set up your macro right( 3 light 1 eq 3 light 1 eq 1 regrowth then cycle) you should be fine. i have used a similar build with my human druid, he did have higher spirit and restoration but unless spirit and restoration effect your mana regen rate you should not have any problems maintaining a uninterrupted cast cycle for a long period of time. btw thanks for the info on the pre reqs :)
Image

zdavood
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by zdavood » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:13 pm

You also have the 107 points to play with for restoration, if you don't need to put any points to get to eq and call lightning. so the resto part takes care of itself with that, and im sure that the 40 spirit is fine. i mean with my human druid i had like 55 maybe 60 and as far as i know all it did was give me a larger mana pool (around 2500 with conc) of which i used 300 that got regend by the next spell cast)
Image

Lumen
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Lumen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:18 pm

zdavood wrote:
Moco wrote:
zdavood wrote:The following is a elf Druid build created for farming. It is high Defense. This, once created should be able to farm most anything. Only downfall is that if you get d cut you will die very fast. Con is low but he has enough to maintain some hp with heals If you are actively playing it. Or if you are botting and looting with the second account you will have time to switch and heal em if needed but in pvp i would not count on em much. Took the 30 int because i don't think there is a reason to go with a 40 int on a farming toon 30 works just as good. at the end there are 107 points left they should be distributed towards the pre req for eq and the call lightning spell. i did not take the hedge of thorns because its pointless for farming and all it dose is consume mana. With this build you should be able to continually farm a camp if you have the right macro set up that re concs you and puts you back in D stance :)

-------The Basics---------

Race: Elf
Class: Healer
Profession: Druid

------Applied Runes-------

Brilliant Mind
Wizard's Apprentice
Heroic Intelligence
Huntsman

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 30/70
Dexterity: 140/140
Constitution: 47/65
Intelligence: 170/170
Spirit: 40/95

----------Skills----------

Benediction 59% (15 trains)
Restoration 52% (9 trains)
Wear Armor, Light 151% (105 trains)
Block 140% (104 trains)
Nature Lore 143% (108 trains)

----------Powers----------

Blessed Mending 20 (Journeyman)
Regrowth 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of Thorns 20 (Journeyman)
Blessing of the Grove 40 (Grand Master)
Earthquake 40 (Grand Master)
Call Lightning 40 (Grand Master)

There are 107 Points that will be left at this point The calculator i was using didn't have all the skills. I know there are pre reqs for eq and the call lightning i would use the points to fill those then the rest id dump into what i thought would be useful.
There are no spell pre reqs for EQ/CL except x amount of Nature Lore, FYI the build has too low spirit & restoration to be able to hold itself up for hours on end
With a conc on and your blessing of the grove and the jewelry that gives you the mana regen if you have set up your macro right( 3 light 1 eq 3 light 1 eq 1 regrowth then cycle) you should be fine. i have used a similar build with my human druid, he did have higher spirit and restoration but unless spirit and restoration effect your mana regen rate you should not have any problems maintaining a uninterrupted cast cycle for a long period of time. btw thanks for the info on the pre reqs :)
Whatever you have to sacrifice to get decent def in offensive stance, or normal stance even, is well worth it so that you don't have to have minus power damage from def stance. Also, hedge is nice to throw in there every 30 seconds or so but that really eats up mana.

Fleetness
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Fleetness » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 pm

I want to see the legendary, 2k Def in offensive stance Druid, that I have been hearing about for the last 10 years.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Moco » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:32 pm

zdavood wrote:
Moco wrote:
zdavood wrote:The following is a elf Druid build created for farming. It is high Defense. This, once created should be able to farm most anything. Only downfall is that if you get d cut you will die very fast. Con is low but he has enough to maintain some hp with heals If you are actively playing it. Or if you are botting and looting with the second account you will have time to switch and heal em if needed but in pvp i would not count on em much. Took the 30 int because i don't think there is a reason to go with a 40 int on a farming toon 30 works just as good. at the end there are 107 points left they should be distributed towards the pre req for eq and the call lightning spell. i did not take the hedge of thorns because its pointless for farming and all it dose is consume mana. With this build you should be able to continually farm a camp if you have the right macro set up that re concs you and puts you back in D stance :)

-------The Basics---------

Race: Elf
Class: Healer
Profession: Druid

------Applied Runes-------

Brilliant Mind
Wizard's Apprentice
Heroic Intelligence
Huntsman

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 30/70
Dexterity: 140/140
Constitution: 47/65
Intelligence: 170/170
Spirit: 40/95

----------Skills----------

Benediction 59% (15 trains)
Restoration 52% (9 trains)
Wear Armor, Light 151% (105 trains)
Block 140% (104 trains)
Nature Lore 143% (108 trains)

----------Powers----------

Blessed Mending 20 (Journeyman)
Regrowth 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of Thorns 20 (Journeyman)
Blessing of the Grove 40 (Grand Master)
Earthquake 40 (Grand Master)
Call Lightning 40 (Grand Master)

There are 107 Points that will be left at this point The calculator i was using didn't have all the skills. I know there are pre reqs for eq and the call lightning i would use the points to fill those then the rest id dump into what i thought would be useful.
There are no spell pre reqs for EQ/CL except x amount of Nature Lore, FYI the build has too low spirit & restoration to be able to hold itself up for hours on end
With a conc on and your blessing of the grove and the jewelry that gives you the mana regen if you have set up your macro right( 3 light 1 eq 3 light 1 eq 1 regrowth then cycle) you should be fine. i have used a similar build with my human druid, he did have higher spirit and restoration but unless spirit and restoration effect your mana regen rate you should not have any problems maintaining a uninterrupted cast cycle for a long period of time. btw thanks for the info on the pre reqs :)
Mobs have changed a lot, you will need the spirit because even with the mr your mana will deplete because you will have to be on a nuke heal nuke heal macro
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 7:34 am
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Amaz » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:07 pm

zdavood wrote: he did have higher spirit and restoration but unless spirit and restoration effect your mana regen rate you should not have any problems maintaining a uninterrupted cast cycle for a long period of time. btw thanks for the info on the pre reqs :)
Spirit doesn't directly effect your regen rate because its a fraction of your current max mana back per second, however it does therefore effect that actual number of mana points you get back each second. More spirit gives more base mana, gives more mana points back per second. If you have enough spirit, the amount of mana points you get back each second will exceed the number you use casting.

Also remember you dont get any mana back while you are actually casting, so if you chain cast your MR will be low (only during the cooldowns). Also walk-mode FTW.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1738
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Coolwatersx » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:11 pm

Fleetness wrote:I want to see the legendary, 2k Def in offensive stance Druid, that I have been hearing about for the last 10 years.
Ya ... I'd like to see that unicorn too.
Image

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by tooshifty » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Fleetness wrote:I want to see the legendary, 2k Def in offensive stance Druid, that I have been hearing about for the last 10 years.
Sword board werewolf druid = that...but ur not casting. I put the druid sword on my casting druids for the extra defm
Image
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Fleetness
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Fleetness » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:26 pm

tooshifty wrote:
Fleetness wrote:I want to see the legendary, 2k Def in offensive stance Druid, that I have been hearing about for the last 10 years.
Sword board werewolf druid = that...but ur not casting. I put the druid sword on my casting druids for the extra defm
This was actually a joke, there was a long time board troll who's name I can't remember, but it is on the tip of my tongue, that claimed to have this legendary build. But he never posted it, as it just isn't possible as he described it.

Kind of like the Teddy high damage huntress build that is currently on the boards.

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 7:34 am
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Amaz » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Fleetness wrote: This was actually a joke, there was a long time board troll who's name I can't remember, but it is on the tip of my tongue, that claimed to have this legendary build. But he never posted it, as it just isn't possible as he described it.

Kind of like the Teddy high damage huntress build that is currently on the boards.
Reaper989 ?
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Fleetness
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Fleetness » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Yeah, that's him. Thanks

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Moco » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Image
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 7:34 am
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Amaz » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Indeed.

Its a very odd build, why bother with o-stance if you cant cast because you are in form.

Don't think you cant do it now either because that's in the days when bard and priest stat buffs stacked.

You certainly cant do it at the moment because he has two number one boons, and shrines dont currently work ;-)
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Moco » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Amaz wrote:Indeed.

Its a very odd build, why bother with o-stance if you cant cast because you are in form.

Don't think you cant do it now either because that's in the days when bard and priest stat buffs stacked.

You certainly cant do it at the moment because he has two number one boons, and shrines dont currently work ;-)
It wasn't in the days of bard & priests stacking
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Fleetness
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Fleetness » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Wow, Unicorns do exist. ;)

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1738
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Coolwatersx » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:14 pm

If anyone can do it, it's Moco.

But ya, talking about a casting druid. Do you remember what that guy's defense was in D stance Moco?
Image

shisanxiang
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 am

Re: Farming Druid

Post by shisanxiang » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:17 pm

yeahthat's nice bug i like kill the monster 1 by 1..so i'd like a ranger
Image
西门吹火 Simon the fire blower CC

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Moco » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 am

Coolwatersx wrote:If anyone can do it, it's Moco.

But ya, talking about a casting druid. Do you remember what that guy's defense was in D stance Moco?
I surely could do it 8-) but it wasn't my build, I just happened to save this screeny because it was comedy :lol:
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Fleetness
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Fleetness » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:27 am

Yeah, that is Reapz in the screenshot. Though his original claim was that he had a farming druid with 2k def, and that screenshot is not any kind of farming druid.

Marksman
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 pm
Location: Metropolis

Re: Farming Druid

Post by Marksman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:45 am

Good stuff.

Post Reply

Return to “Druid, Keeper of the Balance”