PL/Farm druid

crv93
Snobo
Snobo

PL/Farm druid

Post by crv93 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi, I found this old guide for a farming druid that I was looking for when the game goes live. First off, IT IS NOT MINE. I got it off Rivkah's site which in turn got it from the official Sb forums back in '05. If anybody knows the author of this guide, please do tell and I will give appropiate credits. Second, this is very old, so maybe it's not so useful like it is, but it can certainly be a guideline to more or less a great farming toon, one I used 'til the game got shut down and had no problems with him whatsoever.

PL/ Farmer Druid

Well first off this isn't a max dmg druid, and its not the highest def druid out there either. This druid isn't meant for PvP or buffing etc, Its meant to farm & PL your alts or guild mates.

Race: Aelfborn (human or elf can be used just play with stat pts).
Male/female? who cares.
Disc's: Huntsman, * optional trav but who uses runegates? *
Starting runes: Lucky(only 5%? yes an it helps), Brilliant mind.

Stat @ 60
115-125 dex (obviously higher the better the def)
115 int
90-95 con (5pts won't change much you'll have +50buff)
70-75 spr (75 will let you macro EQ w/ 14sec timer in walk mode an regen mana so you never run out)

LA: 115%
hammer: 38%
Block: 95-115%(use your own judgment, 95 lets you use any shield & 115 will make you block more)
benediction: 69% (summons for those lowbies)
Restoration: 51%
Nature lore: spike it.

EQ: GM (if you can't afford 35 will do)
Thorns: (I personally passed this one by)
AE thorns: (again i passed it by)
Call lightning: GM
** OK why leave out blight & both thorns? thorns doesn't do much dmg imo after a eq-lit-eq most of your farming mobs should be dead. Your Def/block will allow you to aggro full camps without worry of dying, no need to snare them. Also EQ is the focus since its the spell you'll be using in those LoS(Line Of Sight) spots(omgomg exploiting!) **
Dex Buff: GM
Con buff: GM
blessed prot: GM
regrowth: 20train-GM (no need to GM unless you feel like spending pts, it will heal ya for 3-400)
bird form: 1 train

You should have lots of points, the more naturelore is spiked the better. Also gear you should be using 10int 10naturelore 30%mr, some might want to use 20int gear but you get more ATR & DMG using int+focus everytime no matter the char you make. For LA use hard leather(less dex penalty) everything should be 8def atleast, I use 8def/40hp-vest/legg/sleeves/ 8def/WL's 8def/10dex gloves runed of genius druid hood. You should hit 1600+def in Dstance an about 1000+in Ostance, EQ will hit hard cause you spiked naturelore(kind of makes up for lack of int). Gilded sceptre 10int/10spr 30mr(or 150atr 10int), I just like having the extra mana regen infact with my gear i could have left spr down @ 65 an still regen fully while macroing.

If you wanna critique feel free, but i've made 5 druids an this is the only way i'd make anymore. Although I might go human to get more training pts lucky,brilliant mind, (apply 5-10 int & 5+15 dex ingame).
If you get 2 of these druids running around k1,elves,heiro etc together you get xp damned fast compared to sitting under temple/LoS in a pillar.

VorgrimScout
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Re: PL/Farm druid

Post by VorgrimScout » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:10 pm

The game has changed a lot since this was built. I hope this is taken down so some poor kid doesn't make this awful character.

Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Beula » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:09 am

It does give a good concept to noobs though. I know when I started out I never though of making a def based druid to plvl myself.

I would mention that your probably better off in normal stance on one of these. Heck if your def is high enough hit offensive stance and if you get hit alot, drop to normal, still getting hit drop to def and cry about your lower damage.

Thenebrosity
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Thenebrosity » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:12 am

if you're macroing might as well dual/quad box, max out int and get a heal bot.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:00 pm

This is outdated badly.. on a side note I have PL builds in the druid sub forum & Elf does it best from my experience
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Shammy
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Shammy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:52 am

Thenebrosity wrote:if you're macroing might as well dual/quad box, max out int and get a heal bot.
Well said.

Farah3
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Farah3 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:36 am

Defend druid better use elf druid

Vampirella
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Vampirella » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:27 am

can anybody post a template for a farm and PvP druid or can post an link thx

Vorlan
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Vorlan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:39 am

Vampirella wrote:can anybody post a template for a farm and PvP druid or can post an link thx
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=436

Lot's of helpful information in this thread.

Gus
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Gus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:25 pm

ty for info vorlan

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:46 am

This post should probably be moved to the Druid section of the Class Discussion.

Jellyfish - GL :: Order of the Pink Pansies - IC :: House of Errants - FM

Seber
10v10 Champion
10v10 Champion

Post by Seber » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Hidetade wrote:This post should probably be moved to the Druid section of the Class Discussion.
Yup, just moved it.

Return to “Druid, Keeper of the Balance”